Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] CT -Scratch & Win-Dec 7 & 8 -$10 instant savings,Lindt with $5 off, $5000 Grand Prize

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2012 7:33 am
Tags:
None
Apr 7, 2011
630 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
spicytofu wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 7:02 pm
I guess it's different out here in Vancouver, we get it delivered with out community newspaper with all the flyers...not something Canada Post does for us.
I live in an apartment and we don't get the community newspaper.
Instead Canada Post delivers a number of flyers packaged together in a clear plastic bag.

Coincidentally, most weekends when Canadian Tire has the coupons, we don't get those flyers. Sometimes we get the flyers the week after, sometimes not at all.
Of course my mailman seems to have spotty performance either way. Maybe he's just lazy and didn't want to deliver them.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1558 posts
443 upvotes
Prince George
humbug_18 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 6:59 pm
how does the $5 coupon come into play. i don't see any mention on the scratch card about it?
The coupon is printed on the inside of the box the 3 chocolates come in. It's valid Dec 26 - Jan 2. "Transaction must be $5 or more before taxes." "Limit one coupon per customer."
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1213 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
humbug_18 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 6:59 pm
how does the $5 coupon come into play. i don't see any mention on the scratch card about it?
The $5 coupon only valid between dec 26-31 only.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1489 posts
427 upvotes
PEI
cutesnoopydoll wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 8:45 pm
The $5 coupon only valid between dec 26-31 only.
My chocolate coupon is valid from December 26 and January 2.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1160 upvotes
I stopped at the Mississauga Heartland CT tonight to return something, and peeked at the cashiers to see if they had scratch cards...and they didn't. But I did happen to find a $5 coupon on the floor in front of the returns counter. :D I'll go back tomorrow to make a purchase and get my Lindt chocolates with another $5 coupon.
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2012
1038 posts
103 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
cedarbrae CT customer service rep has tons of coupons. picked 2 (wife n me). both came as chocolate 1s.
Jul 18, 2011
18 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
My family and I went to Canadian Tires today to pick up a preorder. I got the three of us scratch cards and they were all chocolates...yum! Anyways, the coupon is on the chocolate box. It's good for 5 dollars off purchase over 5 dollars before tax between dec 26 and jan 2.

When I got home, the newspaper came with another scratch card stuffed inside. I scratched it and it was 10 dollars off :-0

I tried to post the image but the iPad wouldn't let me, so for now, here is the number:
4 00498 09154 3

The chocolate one has two thin strips after the gap, while the 10 dollars off one I got has three thin strips after gap at the end of the barcode. Hopefully they keep this consistent for the cards throughout.

Hope that helps! I'll try to post it as soon as I can :)
Dec 16, 2006
380 posts
31 upvotes
andrewabc wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 8:59 pm
My chocolate coupon is valid from December 26 and January 2.
So as I understand we have to line up for these coupons and again, and then have to line up another twice to redeem 5$ and Chocolate ?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2006
2394 posts
778 upvotes
GTA
manfrommanila wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:03 pm
I spend $30 in Canadian tire today didn't get any scratch cards
the scratch card comes in the mail (with the Canadian Tire Flyer).

canada168 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 11:45 pm
So as I understand we have to line up for these coupons and again, and then have to line up another twice to redeem 5$ and Chocolate ?
Buy something today/tomorrow at CT, cashier will scratch the card and you will receive the chocolates. the $5 coupon is PRINTED inside the chocolate box.

from Dec 26 TO Jan 2, you go back to CT and use your $5 on anything purchase that is $5 and over.

make sense?
Nov 8, 2012
160 posts
26 upvotes
LONDON
whats the trick once you know the barcode? i have 30 of these in my lobby. Are people scratching thin lines off to comfirm which barcode they have? i can see some barcode 'shadows' but cant quite confirm which is which. thanks in advance
Jun 1, 2009
393 posts
210 upvotes
pink_panda wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 11:54 pm
the scratch card comes in the mail (with the Canadian Tire Flyer).

Buy something today/tomorrow at CT, cashier will scratch the card and you will receive the chocolates. the $5 coupon is PRINTED inside the chocolate box.

from Dec 26 TO Jan 2, you go back to CT and use your $5 on anything purchase that is $5 and over.

make sense?
So what's the point of 'No Purchase Necessary'? Can't you just bring your card to customer service to scratch and collect the chocolate?
Regular Price .................. :|
Sale Price ....................... :)
Sale Price with Coupon ..... :D
FREE ............................... :cheesygri
Dec 3, 2008
199 posts
80 upvotes
wohjai wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 12:57 am
So what's the point of 'No Purchase Necessary'? Can't you just bring your card to customer service to scratch and collect the chocolate?
Don't know about the customer service area since they may not have the chocolates by I did just that at the self-checkout location. I just walked up to the employee responsible for the self-checkout tills, told them I wanted to see what I would get, scratched it and got my chocolate. Since I wasn't using any of the terminals, I just walked up to him/her and bypassed the line.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
9530 posts
1174 upvotes
(604)
Re: "No Purchase Necessary". The cashier told me that if she scratched $10 on my card, then I would lose it if I didn't have any stuff to buy at that moment.
× < >