• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2017 9:45 am
[OP]
Jun 8, 2016
32 posts
20 upvotes

CTY Seneca ?

Hi,
I made a topic earlier about payroll @ seneca and it seems like it isn't an option (i spoke on the phone with the coordinator the other day and now i'm back to finding something worth doing).

http://www.senecacollege.ca/programs/fulltime/CTY.html

I'm thinking of applying for CTY @ seneca. The only question i have is, I literally have little to no experience or knowledge of computer at all. Will i be at a disadvantage when it comes to grasping and understanding everything? I read through a few topics and i noticed that doing the co-op is a must if i want to get a job after graduating. To anyone who is enrolled or even graduated, can you elaborate a bit more on this and confirm what must be done in order to secure a co-op? I just hope i can transfer some credits over if all goes planned!

Sorry for having 2 topics @+!
3 replies
Sep 2, 2015
79 posts
16 upvotes
East York, ON
it's good money but it's also very dry and boring (which is a dealbreaker for me). I personally consider the education a miniature hell. as far as difficulty goes it's as easy as a computer related field can get. and you can get an admin position where you get paid 6 digits and don't really do anything so the trade-off is worth it if you're looking for easy money.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2448 posts
556 upvotes
Toronto
Aren’t these jobs starting to be automated and/or outsourced now?
Seems like a bit of a dark hole of employment based on where the current job market is going ..
and the long shot, based on the lack of basic knowledge you seem to have on it.
Did you randomly pick this from the course catalogue? What interests you in it?
Feb 13, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
Im in first semester CTY and its easy. I didnt have ANY knowledge of what I've done so far.

Only course people (and myself) seem to having trouble with is ULI101. I think im getting around a 60 right now. A lot of people have dropped the course (part of that is due to the strike). Theres maybe like 15 people in the class now. Just really sit down for a couple hours and try to understand every lesson for this course, and you'll be alright.

Pretty much everything in first semester is spoon fed to you. Just stay on top of the labs/assignments and you'll be fine.