• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2018 1:03 am
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
437 posts
44 upvotes

cuba - what's the differences of Adult only vs family hotel

you know those all inclusive package.

for a single female going with mom...which type of hotel is more suitable? thanks.
Last edited by 1000islands on Jan 12th, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1396 posts
602 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
1000islands wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:50 pm

for a single female going with mom...which type of hotel is more suitable? thanks.
Adults only will attract couples and adults looking for a resort without screaming kids running around.

I took my Mom on vacation a few years ago and stayed at an adults only.

Adults only Resorts cater to adults (in the food, entertainment, amenities).
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
437 posts
44 upvotes
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:09 pm
Adults only will attract couples and adults looking for a resort without screaming kids running around.

I took my Mom on vacation a few years ago and stayed at an adults only.

Adults only Resorts cater to adults (in the food, entertainment, amenities).
I don't wanna see couples and kids..........as I am single.........so which is better in this case?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1396 posts
602 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
1000islands wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:13 pm
I don't wanna see couples and kids..........as I am single.........so which is better in this case?
I would still do an adults only. There's a difference between "couples" resorts and adults only. The only couples Resorts that come to mind in Cuba would be the Royalton.

If your going to cuba and want a more active atmosphere look at the Barcelo Solymar.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
437 posts
44 upvotes
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:25 pm
I would still do an adults only. There's a difference between "couples" resorts and adults only. The only couples Resorts that come to mind in Cuba would be the Royalton.

If your going to cuba and want a more active atmosphere look at the Barcelo Solymar.
Barcelo Solymar is family - oriented though.
The pics of Paradiscus (family) and Paradiscus Princesa (adult) look amazing though, albeit a bit more expensive.
Feb 14, 2009
792 posts
231 upvotes
1000islands wrote:
Yes, adult places are where adults can be adults.
But several quiet high-star small adult places are too
quiet and too small for adult life.

big 4-star adult resorts -- probably more interesting for
single -- more chances to find somebody to socialize.

Also, barmen know most of single people around.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1396 posts
602 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
1000islands wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:30 pm
The pics of Paradiscus (family) and Paradiscus Princesa (adult) look amazing though, albeit a bit more expensive.
It's not. It is known as the "party resort" of Varadero. Head to trip advisor for more info. The resort has tried to shake that reputation but it won't happen. They allow kids but I would never take a kid there.

Paradisus Varadero is def family oriented. It will be quiet.

Paradisus Princesa Del Mar is geared to couples.

(Stayed at both of them in the past)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6194 posts
991 upvotes
Mississauga
1000islands wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:50 pm

Definitely adults only.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8941 posts
1669 upvotes
unless its a kid oriented resort, it doesn't matter that much, some of the adults are more annoying then the kids, when we went to Cuba, it was 75% people from Quebec, talk about rude, they are very pushy in the buffets.
Jan 27, 2016
716 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
id i would not bring kids to the barcelo, i went to party there a few times as a teen and early 20/s
1000islands wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:30 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2014
1628 posts
521 upvotes
Alberta
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:25 pm

If you're staying at the Solymar. Bring your own food, that place is a sespool but it's a lot of fun if you're looking to have FUN.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3842 posts
1078 upvotes
Moncton
1000islands wrote:
Singles are almost always outnumbered by couples in Varadero. I wouldn’t worry about children. Even during the various winter/spring school holidays in Canada and Europe, which are by the way staggered, they will be outnumbered by adults. Varadero ain’t Orlando and there are rarely airline rebates for kids (whereas filling the back seat of a car is essentially free).

The crowds will vary by the season. The more expensive the time of year, the more likely the rooms will be full, be it with adults or children. If there is no single supplement (in November or May for example), there will be plenty of single people, but couples will still vastly outnumber them.

That being said, Varadero caters to everyone. Couples, singles, singles with children, extended family vacations, wedding parties, seniors. Basically it is similar to the crowd you’d find at a beach outside of town in Canada on a summer’s day, but with fewer children.

The beaches at the south end with road access are open to the public. There are public toilets inland. The resorts usually have bars on the beach with security.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)