• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2018 1:08 pm
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
411 posts
42 upvotes

cuba - what's the differencesof Adult only vs family hotel

you know those all inclusive package.

for a single female going with mom...which type of hotel is more suitable? thanks.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1167 posts
405 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
1000islands wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:50 pm

for a single female going with mom...which type of hotel is more suitable? thanks.
Adults only will attract couples and adults looking for a resort without screaming kids running around.

I took my Mom on vacation a few years ago and stayed at an adults only.

Adults only Resorts cater to adults (in the food, entertainment, amenities).
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
411 posts
42 upvotes
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:09 pm
Adults only will attract couples and adults looking for a resort without screaming kids running around.

I took my Mom on vacation a few years ago and stayed at an adults only.

Adults only Resorts cater to adults (in the food, entertainment, amenities).
I don't wanna see couples and kids..........as I am single.........so which is better in this case?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1167 posts
405 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
1000islands wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:13 pm
I don't wanna see couples and kids..........as I am single.........so which is better in this case?
I would still do an adults only. There's a difference between "couples" resorts and adults only. The only couples Resorts that come to mind in Cuba would be the Royalton.

If your going to cuba and want a more active atmosphere look at the Barcelo Solymar.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
411 posts
42 upvotes
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:25 pm
I would still do an adults only. There's a difference between "couples" resorts and adults only. The only couples Resorts that come to mind in Cuba would be the Royalton.

If your going to cuba and want a more active atmosphere look at the Barcelo Solymar.
Barcelo Solymar is family - oriented though.
The pics of Paradiscus (family) and Paradiscus Princesa (adult) look amazing though, albeit a bit more expensive.
Feb 14, 2009
598 posts
122 upvotes
1000islands wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:13 pm
Yes, adult places are where adults can be adults.
But several quiet high-star small adult places are too
quiet and too small for adult life.

big 4-star adult resorts -- probably more interesting for
single -- more chances to find somebody to socialize.

Also, barmen know most of single people around.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1167 posts
405 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
1000islands wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:30 pm
The pics of Paradiscus (family) and Paradiscus Princesa (adult) look amazing though, albeit a bit more expensive.
It's not. It is known as the "party resort" of Varadero. Head to trip advisor for more info. The resort has tried to shake that reputation but it won't happen. They allow kids but I would never take a kid there.

Paradisus Varadero is def family oriented. It will be quiet.

Paradisus Princesa Del Mar is geared to couples.

(Stayed at both of them in the past)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5754 posts
800 upvotes
Mississauga
1000islands wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:50 pm

Definitely adults only.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8562 posts
1442 upvotes
unless its a kid oriented resort, it doesn't matter that much, some of the adults are more annoying then the kids, when we went to Cuba, it was 75% people from Quebec, talk about rude, they are very pushy in the buffets.
Jan 27, 2016
338 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
id i would not bring kids to the barcelo, i went to party there a few times as a teen and early 20/s
1000islands wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:30 pm