• Apr 20th, 2010 7:27 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2284 upvotes
Barrie

Cuff Links

Can anyone tell me of a place that sells a bunch of Cuff Links in the northern Toronto area? Preferably a Cuff Link specific store or an online Canadian place that can ship quick!

Thanks!
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
131 upvotes
RunnerForDeals wrote: Can anyone tell me of a place that sells a bunch of Cuff Links in the northern Toronto area? Preferably a Cuff Link specific store or an online Canadian place that can ship quick!

Thanks!
if you go to a mall, stores like mexx sell cuff links. places that sells suits and dress shirts should also have cuff links (the bay, stars, moores etc).
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote: I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote: Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1745 posts
1045 upvotes
On a related note, where can I find dress shirts to put cuff links in?

I guess the bay and sears? Do club monaco or zara carry them?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1880 posts
95 upvotes
Mystix wrote: On a related note, where can I find dress shirts to put cuff links in?

I guess the bay and sears? Do club monaco or zara carry them?
Ask the salesman for shirts that have "french cuffs".
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2284 upvotes
Barrie
flexwong wrote: if you go to a mall, stores like mexx sell cuff links. places that sells suits and dress shirts should also have cuff links (the bay, stars, moores etc).
Sorry I wasn't more clear. I was hoping to get some stores that are strictly Cuff Links or sell a vast majority of Cuff Links. Stars, Tip Tops, Things Engraved, Moores, etc have about 4 max in there store and they are about as fun as watching a cat sleeping.

Any ways let me know if you folks know anything like this website http://www.cufflinks.com/ but for Canada
Aug 19, 2007
75 posts
Toronto
Holts has a big(ger) selection of cuff links, if memory serves, theres a Holts at Yorkdale, thats pretty north of toronto
and you can try harry rosen as well, theyd probably have some

and h&m has really nice french cuff shirts for not that expensive
Sep 9, 2004
594 posts
90 upvotes
Largest selection of cufflinks that I have seen in the GTA is Harry Rosen on Bloor St, followed by Harry Rosen at FCP.
Nov 13, 2004
45 posts
1 upvote
Im actually the owner of Linkyourshirt.com and Canadacufflinks.ca and long time member of red flag deals. If you have any questions. Feel free to ask, I'll be glad to help in any way possible.
thanks!
Alain
Random Deal Seeker :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
cuff links are surprisingly expensive - if you didn't need them quick, I would suggest getting them off Ebay. It's something that's not sophisticated to make, so even the cheap ones will do.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
2013 posts
613 upvotes
Calgary
mic2074 wrote: cuff links are surprisingly expensive - if you didn't need them quick, I would suggest getting them off Ebay. It's something that's not sophisticated to make, so even the cheap ones will do.
+1

I just ordered some french cuff'd shirts from Maxwell Clothiers. In preparation of arrival, i went on a shopping trip through ebay.

For $30, I got three pairs of sweet cufflinks.

I can just see the look on my client's face when I walk into a meeting with Transformer (tm) cufflinks. Autobots on one side, Decepticons on the other.

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
mic2074 wrote: cuff links are surprisingly expensive
I agree!
picardal wrote: Im actually the owner of Linkyourshirt.com and Canadacufflinks.ca and long time member of red flag deals. If you have any questions. Feel free to ask, I'll be glad to help in any way possible.
thanks!
Alain
Hi Alain, something I've never understood is the price of cuff links. No disrespect to your companies (I've checked it out and really like the designs), but I do not understand how come cuff links are so expensive. From what I can see, it seems like they are rather simple items to make and unless they are decked out in gold/platinum/jewels are hard to justify the sometimes $50-300+ dollars.

I understand casting moulds are expensive... but the quantity in which cuff links are made should offset this right?

Can you help me understand the costs a bit?

Oh, and how about a nice RFD discount for your site? There's a few models I like... :D
Nov 13, 2004
45 posts
1 upvote
Sorry for the late reply - I never subscribed to this thread I believe!

Well the problem is the casting and the quantities that we are forced to hold in stock :) It's usually not one of those products that flies off the shelves so you are stuck with a lot of stock for a long time so you need to mark up a little higher to actually make any money... Unless you're selling in bulk to large retail chains.

I'd actually like to create a thread for our canadacufflinks site with a nice discount for the redflagdeal community but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post one and was afraid it would look like spam. Maybe someone can guide me?

thanks!
Alain

Stock R wrote: I agree!

Hi Alain, something I've never understood is the price of cuff links. No disrespect to your companies (I've checked it out and really like the designs), but I do not understand how come cuff links are so expensive. From what I can see, it seems like they are rather simple items to make and unless they are decked out in gold/platinum/jewels are hard to justify the sometimes $50-300+ dollars.

I understand casting moulds are expensive... but the quantity in which cuff links are made should offset this right?

Can you help me understand the costs a bit?

Oh, and how about a nice RFD discount for your site? There's a few models I like... :D
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2092 posts
449 upvotes
Wow this thread was revived. I got my bf some cool cufflinks from Rolo in Yorkville and they were reasonably priced. They have a lot of fun and different ones you would't see anywhere else. They also have the Marvel comic ones. It was an interesting fun store to stumble across with unique things :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
picardal wrote: Sorry for the late reply - I never subscribed to this thread I believe!

Well the problem is the casting and the quantities that we are forced to hold in stock :) It's usually not one of those products that flies off the shelves so you are stuck with a lot of stock for a long time so you need to mark up a little higher to actually make any money... Unless you're selling in bulk to large retail chains.

I'd actually like to create a thread for our canadacufflinks site with a nice discount for the redflagdeal community but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post one and was afraid it would look like spam. Maybe someone can guide me?

thanks!
Alain
I'm sure if you talk with the Admins, you can work something out.

Do it soon. I need some cuff links!
Feb 17, 2007
892 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
I find cufflinks in Canada overpriced. It is significantly cheaper in the states or HK. I bought most of mine from HK. I remember seeing a cufflink for $375 in the states then seeing it again later in Holt Renfrew in Canada for $600.
Nov 13, 2004
45 posts
1 upvote
Hmm odd, I contacted support but no response. You can send me a pm and I'll work something out with you
Alain
Stock R wrote: I'm sure if you talk with the Admins, you can work something out.

Do it soon. I need some cuff links!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
Im a fan of most metallic links and not the ones that try to match a tie and square. Ill look at this site...i need some gold or at least brass colored ones.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)