Fashion & Apparel

Cufflinks and Tieclips ... anybody still use them?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2017 7:25 am
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
378 posts
117 upvotes

Cufflinks and Tieclips ... anybody still use them?

These accessories seem to go in and out of fashion trends every few years.

Anybody still use them?

Mitsubishi Lancer RULES.
24 replies
Oct 13, 2009
201 posts
44 upvotes
North York
I have just started to get into them. I am a blue collar working industry guy but like to get dressed up for various functions. I have recently received a few french cuff shirts from Harry Rosen for Christmas and at first was a bit put off. But I am a silly, quirky guy and have discovered that the cuff link is a GREAT way to be silly yet fancy hahaha. Cuff-Daddy has a great selection of various links and they also have an Amazon store which make it easier to buy them.

Moores recently had cuff link, tie bar sets on clearance but it could only be in specific regions.

Now even more intesting if anyone is like me and enjoys a good EDC knife or multi-tool Amazon.ca Collar stay multitool

I might just pull the trigger on those puppies LOL
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1744 posts
391 upvotes
Unionville, ON
I'm a firm believer in accessorizing for men when the occasion calls for it.

That said, I use exclusively only tie bars as opposed to tie clips. Cufflinks too. I have a few of each in my collection.
Feb 10, 2017
28 posts
17 upvotes
Take a walk around the financial district? These are hardly a trend. Like watches, these are minimal accessories that give your outfit the extra pop. Its just a matter of whether its tastefully done or looks like like a Le Crapteau outfit.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1939 posts
302 upvotes
Well ... I'm still into all of this ...

If heading out to a "formal" gathering ... cufflinks a must for me ...

My watch never leaves my wrist unless if I'm in the shower ...

People now only rely on their cellphone for time ... too much of a hassle to pull out the phone from your backpocket or any other pocket ... lift up your hand and you will see time on your wrist ...
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.

Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, OSP RULES!
YGK, Toray, Sunline RULES!
Shimano RULES!
St. Croix & Halo RULES!

JDM ONLY.
Dec 11, 2012
62 posts
33 upvotes
Waterloo
They never go out of style, people are just deciding to become lazy, cheap and unclassy. If you want to dress properly and formal these are always the best way to do so.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1744 posts
391 upvotes
Unionville, ON
AV-Fishing wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 1:30 pm
Well ... I'm still into all of this ...

If heading out to a "formal" gathering ... cufflinks a must for me ...

My watch never leaves my wrist unless if I'm in the shower ...

People now only rely on their cellphone for time ... too much of a hassle to pull out the phone from your backpocket or any other pocket ... lift up your hand and you will see time on your wrist ...
Same.

I feel so naked without a watch.

Shoes, ties and their accessories, cufflinks - all of these things done right, along with a watch makes you standout from just another guy in a suit.
Oct 13, 2009
201 posts
44 upvotes
North York
JKKim2983 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 8:38 pm
Same.

I feel so naked without a watch.

Shoes, ties and their accessories, cufflinks - all of these things done right, along with a watch makes you standout from just another guy in a suit.
And belts...Sick of seeing people not wearing a belt. Or the young dudes that wear a belt around their hips so we can be graced with seeing their underpants. lol
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3447 posts
375 upvotes
Richmond Hill
for formals occasions for people age 50+ and make 6 figures.
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4182 posts
443 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 4:15 pm
for formals occasions for people age 50+ and make 6 figures.
More like what separates boys and men.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4324 posts
646 upvotes
Tie bars are for juniors and try hards. 20-somethings who think they're a 'boss' because of some sh*tty side business. Keep reading those LinkedIn quotes, brah, while talking about 'hustling' and how you're into 'experiences' .....
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Mar 9, 2014
599 posts
213 upvotes
Ottawa
Did cufflinks ever go out of style? I'd say I've got a 60/40 split between french cuff and barrel cuffs and adding more french cuffs.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10517 posts
1379 upvotes
City of Vancouver
bobbyz101 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 8:20 pm
Did cufflinks ever go out of style? I'd say I've got a 60/40 split between french cuff and barrel cuffs and adding more french cuffs.
Can u post a pic of your collection of cufflinks?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.