Fashion & Apparel

Cufflinks and Tieclips ... anybody still use them?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2017 7:25 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1669 posts
356 upvotes
Unionville, ON
mebiuspower wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 6:02 pm

More like what separates boys and men.
TodayHello wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 9:27 pm
Tie bars are for juniors and try hards. 20-somethings who think they're a 'boss' because of some sh*tty side business. Keep reading those LinkedIn quotes, brah, while talking about 'hustling' and how you're into 'experiences' .....
Found the man and the little boy... lol "try hards" Only little boys speak like that.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4106 posts
419 upvotes
I'm not a fan of tie clips - I don't bend over at work.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10196 posts
1307 upvotes
City of Vancouver
SellKijijiOshawa wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 1:52 pm
These accessories seem to go in and out of fashion trends every few years.

Anybody still use them?

IMAG7078.jpg
If u worked in the financial industry for so long, why didn't u step up your game and buy some solid gold stuff, and switch out the cheap Swank stuff?
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
373 posts
113 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 10:38 pm
If u worked in the financial industry for so long, why didn't u step up your game and buy some solid gold stuff, and switch out the cheap Swank stuff?
The Swank was handed down from my late father. He had them from the 1960s ... 50+ years and just toss them away? They're classics and cannot be found anywhere.
Mitsubishi Lancer RULES.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10196 posts
1307 upvotes
City of Vancouver
SellKijijiOshawa wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 10:42 pm
...They're classics and cannot be found anywhere.
Value Village, lol? I don't even know why I know Swank, but I am familiar with them. I think they are still around? Or maybe there's plenty of dead stock floating around?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13025 posts
607 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 8:38 pm
Same.

I feel so naked without a watch.

Shoes, ties and their accessories, cufflinks - all of these things done right, along with a watch makes you standout from just another guy in a suit.
Shoes. Yes. But not cost. Care.

Cufflinks and other, not really. More important is how the suit fits and the care you have taken with your body and appearance. Even something as simple as picking a colour of shirt/suit that matches your body's colour palate (colour seasons or similar). I still see far too many people at all levels wearing a suit that looks stunning, but is not the right cut or colour for their body.

As for watch. If you are looking at your watch in the presence of others, you are indicating that time and not the individual is more important.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
2713 posts
181 upvotes
Never wear tie clips or cuffslinks to work though many of many colleagues do (more cufflinks than tie clips). Used to wear cufflinks to weekend formal events (weddings etc.) but now can't be bothered. I do like the whimsical nature of some of the more fun themed cufflinks though.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10196 posts
1307 upvotes
City of Vancouver
random pattern wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 2:16 pm
...I do like the whimsical nature of some of the more fun themed cufflinks though.
I hate these. So childish and/or tacky.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Jul 30, 2013
191 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Trump uses scotch tape and he's a billionaire Face With Tears Of Joy so I would say, no.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel