Travel

Currency exchange on the weekend in the GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2018 8:03 pm
[OP]
Dec 23, 2001
583 posts
16 upvotes
North Bay, ON

Currency exchange on the weekend in the GTA?

Plenty of threads on currency exchange. I'm looking to pick up some Euros for an upcoming trip.

My plan had been to go to the suggested Everforex. The Markham location is open until 3pm Saturday - tight, but I can make it - however I just called and they are currently out of Euros! They said to call back later but... I need a plan B.

Any other suggestions for good rates? Just looking to have a bit on-hand. The rest will (hopefully) be CC or worst case ATM.
Heat: 159-0-0
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1489 posts
559 upvotes
Kantor has good rates, and depending on the location has hours on Saturday and Sunday.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
7034 posts
3005 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Invincible wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 1:07 pm
Plenty of threads on currency exchange. I'm looking to pick up some Euros for an upcoming trip.

My plan had been to go to the suggested Everforex. The Markham location is open until 3pm Saturday - tight, but I can make it - however I just called and they are currently out of Euros! They said to call back later but... I need a plan B.

Any other suggestions for good rates? Just looking to have a bit on-hand. The rest will (hopefully) be CC or worst case ATM.
The Markham location only has Euro if someone comes and exchanges it, other than that, they never have it on hand. They told us that if you want it then they can order it (presumably from one of their other locations).

Call their North York location at Yonge and Finch, they're more likely to have it.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
[OP]
Dec 23, 2001
583 posts
16 upvotes
North Bay, ON
chimaican wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 2:15 pm
The Markham location only has Euro if someone comes and exchanges it, other than that, they never have it on hand. They told us that if you want it then they can order it (presumably from one of their other locations).

Call their North York location at Yonge and Finch, they're more likely to have it.
Thanks, unfortunately we're just getting into the GTA Saturday and that location isn't open then. I'll settle for paying a few more bucks to Kantor, which is open.
Heat: 159-0-0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)