Site Comments & Suggestions

***Current Login System Issues*** (January 30)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2013 9:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
394 upvotes
GT&A
Test
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1160 upvotes
This is a really sneaky way to double the number of registered users at RFD. ;)
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9120 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Jan 15th, 2013 10:10 pm
Yes, the link here leads to it:
Thanks, we'll get that link fixed.
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14299 posts
1059 upvotes
Scarborough
So I'm not the only one having this problem... I though RFD was brokened. I try to put duct tape on my monitor to fix but no work. Using firesfox 18.0
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
12229 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
Problems with this all night, on multiple platforms (i.e. my cell and my laptop, mobile, touch and classic) ...
When your phone gets stuck on the ORIGINAL version, how can I easily find the mobile version? Even when I use the correct link, it goes directly to the full site.
I need to click mobile to make it remember my selection, but I can't find Mobile or Touch anymore :p
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2842 posts
4408 upvotes
Vancouver
+1 for getting logged out constantly. Has been happening for hours and is driving me nuts! I have cleared all my RFD cookies, but it hasn't made any difference. My timezone setting for the forums went wonky too.

Firefox 18
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1450 posts
191 upvotes
East Coast!
same here, been getting logged out on all my devices since yesterday..
May 31, 2006
918 posts
78 upvotes
Burlington
And worse, every other forum's configuration keeps track of what's new since you were last logged in, but not RFD! :mad:

Needless to say, I had to log in this AM, but rather than having new threads/post bolded, everything is marked as read.

This isn't a result of the cookies change, this happens all the time with RFD, which is why I never formally log out until forced to! :-0

Any way this can be fixed while you folks are digging 'round there under the hood?
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2005
1591 posts
66 upvotes
CenturyBreak wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 8:12 am
And worse, every other forum's configuration keeps track of what's new since you were last logged in, but not RFD! :mad:

Needless to say, I had to log in this AM, but rather than having new threads/post bolded, everything is marked as read.

This isn't a result of the cookies change, this happens all the time with RFD, which is why I never formally log out until forced to! :-0

Any way this can be fixed while you folks are digging 'round there under the hood?
Agree with that longstanding bug as well - which makes the current chaos a little more annoying than it otherwise would have been. I usually browse until the bolds stop - but now I don't know where to begin and end. :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5824 posts
517 upvotes
Greely
I was able to get logged into the mobile site this morning by opening another tab in my mobile browser and logging into the desktop version of the site. Then went I went back to the mobile site tab, I was logged in.

Now, I'm logged out again... and when I try to log in I get the following:

Sorry, we had problems logging you in. Please correct the errors below:

Duplicate entry '' for key 'IDX_UNIQUE_CUSTOMERS_EMAIL_ADDRESS'

Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
394 upvotes
GT&A
It's not clear if I have to create a new account......

Do I?

I still can't login to mobile site:
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Nov 6, 2007
222 posts
42 upvotes
London
I'm not sure if this will help you diagnose and fix the problem, but I seem to be able to login normally with IE (8.0.7600.16385CO) - albeit I have to login everytime I visit the site regardless of whether I choose "Remember Me". With Chrome, I always get the error noted above: Duplicate entry '' for key 'IDX_UNIQUE_CUSTOMERS_EMAIL_ADDRESS'
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6846 posts
394 upvotes
Page shows me logged in, but when I try some functions I get this:

Sorry, we had problems logging you in. Please correct the errors below:

Duplicate entry '' for key 'IDX_UNIQUE_CUSTOMERS_EMAIL_ADDRESS'
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6846 posts
394 upvotes
FYI, for a moment when I refreshed page, it said I was user fizzinto. Clicking on profile caused IE to crash. Dunno what you guys are doing or were trying to do, but its not working.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
× < >