Site Comments & Suggestions

***Current Login System Issues*** (January 30)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2013 9:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
403 upvotes
GT&A
maya
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2349 posts
2808 upvotes
Kudos for putting up a notification banner but i'm not overjoyed I have to change my password and login username.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Sopranos wrote: you guys might have a MAJOR SECURITY issue here, I tried logging on as my account earlier, told me that there is nobody with that user name and password, I clicked on the RFD home page logo and all of a sudden showed me that I was logged on as some other dude:

Welcome,
fizzinto

My Options | Inbox (0) | Logout

You are located in
Scarborough, ON

Change city

I could browse all that persons info etc so I assume that someone is looking into my personal info right now somewhere as well?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! This is a major security breach!
Login should be disabled site-wide until the entire login issue has been resolved.
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6280 posts
448 upvotes
Help me
awwwww, I'm going to lose my period?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
1555 posts
15126 upvotes
Thanx for putting up the notice!

I can still log in with my same user name and password, but I get automatically logged out (FF)

Thanx for your hard work in fixing whatever's going on!! :)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1365 posts
1151 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I've been wanting to change my username from habsfan321 to habsfan324 to match my twitter. Don't ask, it was a signup typo many years ago... is there any way I can exploit the glitch to change my username? Log in seems to be working fine for me...
Apr 4, 2010
390 posts
177 upvotes
I couldn't log in .. tried to reset password a few times, but it didn't work or I got stuck somewhere in the process. I ended up clicking on log in through facebook - and it recognized me (same email address?)
Nov 24, 2008
909 posts
231 upvotes
Calgary
charlotte1983 wrote: I couldn't log in .. tried to reset password a few times, but it didn't work or I got stuck somewhere in the process. I ended up clicking on log in through facebook - and it recognized me (same email address?)
+1. Facebook authentication is working to match to your e-mail. Standard login right now is timing out on https://www.redflagdeals.com/user/login/
Jul 13, 2008
26655 posts
18587 upvotes
GTA
I originally thought my account had been hacked. :facepalm:
Jan 14, 2013
25 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Mr.Sea wrote: awwwww, I'm going to lose my period?
there are testers available at the dollarama now for cheap.
either that, you're just getting old.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3866 upvotes
Nowhere
I'm back and so far not logged out. I had to lose the space and change my password. What a pain. Not at all impressed with how this was handled. The yellow banner would have been appreciated yesterday or even this morning when I was trying to figure out what was going on and what to do.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2927 posts
334 upvotes
Nations Capital
interesting...

the forum keeps logging me out, but if I go to the main home page, I am logged in still and once I go back to the forums i'm logged in again.

saves me from having to keep logging in every 10 min!
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Mar 22, 2010
4 posts
Toronto
Regarding logging in - I no longer see the option to connect via Windows Live account (Hotmail). Use to be right beside the Facebook log in.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
Mr.Sea wrote: awwwww, I'm going to lose my period?
You MAY have an issue with your username - and assuming you do, it would just affect the name you use to login - "Mr.Sea" is what will contain to show up throughout RFD.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
403 upvotes
GT&A
Looks like it's fixed
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
another update and another bug... sigh..

hope my account isn't compromised...
ShadowVlican
Jan 14, 2013
25 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
i don't understand this name change.
it was called a 'bogus' message by the staff here, yet now it seems like you are saying that we have to do this, if prompted.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3252 posts
2873 upvotes
Montreal
KC108 wrote: I originally thought my account had been hacked. :facepalm:
Me too or that something is wrong with my cookie setting. All this time, I thought I was alone with this problem, :confused:
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
ipponR wrote: i don't understand this name change.
it was called a 'bogus' message by the staff here, yet now it seems like you are saying that we have to do this, if prompted.
The message is inaccurate (which we're going to fix ASAP). The problem is under the new system, usernames have various restrictions including length which is minimum of 6 characters. So, a username has to be created that is longer than 6 characters. That would then get tied to your existing username/profile on RedFlagDeals. It's not ideal and I personally apologize for it. Most people do use "Remember me", and once that's working I think it becomes a lot more of a non-issue. Users can also log in strictly via the email address, so the name that gets used to actually log in is unimportant.
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
Wow, that means my username is uniquely old. lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)