• Aug 24th, 2007 10:01 pm
Tags:
None
May 28, 2006
838 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
chicadam wrote: +1
Although I never get it with rice... it comes with this fried bread, can't go wrong with fried starch.

I'd get there early though, they run out of the beef close to evening.
Most of the time i just buy the curry and then get it home and eat it with whatever i feel like.....
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2003
1257 posts
67 upvotes
North Vancouver
Tried Cafe D'lite today (take out curry brisket) - was pretty good (not too fatty and nice flavour), but pretty spendy - almost $10.50 with tax.

I think I prefer the Mui Garden curry is better (creamier) - if you are ever back this way, check out the place in Yoahan in Richmond - it's really good and quite reasonable.
idk-bart wrote: rats in the ceilings?! that's ****ing disgusting. the curry picture i showed you guys is mui garden's own beef brisket curry, yum....? :|

the place i used to go to in vancouver when i needed my curry fix is this place called Cafe D'lite (3144 West Broadway, Vancouver).
they make their curry just the way i like it.
i've also tried their famous hainanese chicken rice, and their stirfried mixed-veggies rice. all very satisfying! give it a try if you haven't been there.
Sep 20, 2003
397 posts
Richmond
i just tried lemon grass on metro square today and have to say i was quite impressed. $4.95 for a large serving of curry and rice plus soy milk and a bowl of soup. the curry was great too, it was exactly what i wanted. i'll try the other ones for sure. thanks to everyone who posted. :D