Shopping Discussion

CUSTOMER BE AWARE! Think twice before purchasing from Flamingo Flower & Gifts

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2016 2:02 pm
[OP]
Jun 15, 2016
4 posts

CUSTOMER BE AWARE! Think twice before purchasing from Flamingo Flower & Gifts

This florist located in Markham, Ontario is the worst florist I can ever encounter in my life. Nine days ago I ordered a $80CAD worth of bouquet for my aunt's birthday surprise on the 16th. I am currently out of the country, so after my purchase I immediately sent an email telling them to contact me through email or phone if anything urgent comes up. In Canadian time afternoon on the 15th my boyfriend in Canada received a call and was notified that one of the flowers in the arrangement is not available and they said they will replace the unavailable purple flower with pink or they'll spray the flower purple. The bouquet itself is already light-toned so it will look very plain and loses its uniqueness if replaced. Immediately, I replied in the email telling them that I do not want them to spray my flowers and that they should have taken that bouquet off the site if it is not available (i checked, the bouquet was still available to order). However, this florist do not care about customers' order after you have paid they ignored my email until my boyfriend called again to ask them to check the email. After waiting for a response for an hour (it was already 3am on my side, 3pm in Canada), I asked my friend to help me call the florist to ask because I couldn't call long-distance. The florist hung up as soon as they knew it was my order, saying that my email was "very rude" and that they are no longer processing my order. I have never met any store that handles complaints like this in my life. In my email, I did not use foul language I was simply telling them that I do not accept spraying as a replacement and that they should not continue to sell this flower knowing it's not available. (I shared the email on the florist's facebook page) I was furious to the point that I was shaking. The surprise I planned for my aunt oversea was ruined, and I had to deal with it 4am in the morning. I immediately email them saying "please refund if you are no longer processing the order". Of course, they were very "polite" they ignored me. Then, I went on their facebook page giving them a 1-star rating, and retold my story. That's what caught their attention and they replied using very polite language, which was such a joke. They pretended to be very polite and reasonable in the presence of other internet viewers, but when dealing with us privately they were extremely rude and inattentive. They give their customer whatever choice that's best to them, and when customer turns them down, they do not want to deal with you anymore and they ignore you. They DID NOT mention anything about refunding me until I posted on facebook, then they said that "your refund has been confirmed and verified and will processed...". EXCUSE ME? I did not receive any CONFIRMATION from you until this moment? This florist is such a joke. http://www.flamingofloral.com/ Watch out people. You might get a worse consumer experience when buying an even more expensive bouquet.
21 replies
Apr 23, 2009
901 posts
86 upvotes
Substituting flowers in bouquets is SOP for florists. They know what they're doing.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3410 posts
623 upvotes
London
The horror of it all. Definitely never using them, they are outrageous.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1659 posts
647 upvotes
Ontario
Why not put your email to the store on here and we can judge if you are a hothead that brings this sort of thing on yourself, or reasonable.
Apr 18, 2008
316 posts
83 upvotes
OP sounds like a difficult customer.. :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10347 posts
4985 upvotes
Toronto
Carmentsang1995 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2016 8:11 am
This florist located in Markham, Ontario is the worst florist I can ever encounter in my life. Nine days ago I ordered a $80CAD worth of bouquet for my aunt's birthday surprise on the 16th. I am currently out of the country, so after my purchase I immediately sent an email telling them to contact me through email or phone if anything urgent comes up. In Canadian time afternoon on the 15th my boyfriend in Canada received a call and was notified that one of the flowers in the arrangement is not available and they said they will replace the unavailable purple flower with pink or they'll spray the flower purple. The bouquet itself is already light-toned so it will look very plain and loses its uniqueness if replaced. Immediately, I replied in the email telling them that I do not want them to spray my flowers and that they should have taken that bouquet off the site if it is not available (i checked, the bouquet was still available to order). However, this florist do not care about customers' order after you have paid they ignored my email until my boyfriend called again to ask them to check the email. After waiting for a response for an hour (it was already 3am on my side, 3pm in Canada), I asked my friend to help me call the florist to ask because I couldn't call long-distance. The florist hung up as soon as they knew it was my order, saying that my email was "very rude" and that they are no longer processing my order. I have never met any store that handles complaints like this in my life. In my email, I did not use foul language I was simply telling them that I do not accept spraying as a replacement and that they should not continue to sell this flower knowing it's not available. (I shared the email on the florist's facebook page) I was furious to the point that I was shaking. The surprise I planned for my aunt oversea was ruined, and I had to deal with it 4am in the morning. I immediately email them saying "please refund if you are no longer processing the order". Of course, they were very "polite" they ignored me. Then, I went on their facebook page giving them a 1-star rating, and retold my story. That's what caught their attention and they replied using very polite language, which was such a joke. They pretended to be very polite and reasonable in the presence of other internet viewers, but when dealing with us privately they were extremely rude and inattentive. They give their customer whatever choice that's best to them, and when customer turns them down, they do not want to deal with you anymore and they ignore you. They DID NOT mention anything about refunding me until I posted on facebook, then they said that "your refund has been confirmed and verified and will processed...". EXCUSE ME? I did not receive any CONFIRMATION from you until this moment? This florist is such a joke. http://www.flamingofloral.com/ Watch out people. You might get a worse consumer experience when buying an even more expensive bouquet.
Another 1 post wonder......we'll never see Carmentsang1995 here again.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Aug 30, 2008
845 posts
102 upvotes
ON
LOL...decided to creep the business' Facebook and mostly positive reviews, a couple of which are from people that I have mutual friend(s) with. Small world. :|
[OP]
Jun 15, 2016
4 posts
stardustcross wrote:
Jun 16th, 2016 8:51 pm
LOL...decided to creep the business' Facebook and mostly positive reviews, a couple of which are from people that I have mutual friend(s) with. Small world. :|
I was very surprised. At first I definitely decided to buy from them because of the positive reviews. Well, my story is the other side of the positive reviews. Sigh
Jan 12, 2008
239 posts
81 upvotes
I order flowers online before. I notice the flowers on that site is the same where I order mines.

Looks like this vendor is affiliated with FTD. See if you can file a complaint with them.
Jan 4, 2008
773 posts
185 upvotes
Gatineau
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Jun 16th, 2016 8:25 pm
Another 1 post wonder......we'll never see Carmentsang1995 here again.
As you were saying......
[OP]
Jun 15, 2016
4 posts
exiledinottawa wrote:
Jun 17th, 2016 11:42 am
As you were saying......
Sigh, people like him are ignorant. I have been browsing in redflagdeals for a while and this bad experience with this store is what motivated to finally make an account to post. As a newbie, i had to wait for a post approval from the administrator of this forum. I guess by approving this post, the administrator did not think that I am spamming or purposely targeting one store to leave a negative comment.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
2957 posts
673 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Carmentsang1995 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2016 12:02 pm
Sigh, people like him are ignorant. I have been browsing in redflagdeals for a while and this bad experience with this store is what motivated to finally make an account to post. As a newbie, i had to wait for a post approval from the administrator of this forum. I guess by approving this post, the administrator did not think that I am spamming or purposely targeting one store to leave a negative comment.
So did they refund you?
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
5844 posts
1760 upvotes
First world problem. Yazidi women being burned to death and sold into sexual slavery is a problem. The colour of a flower is trivial nonsense.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2461 posts
303 upvotes
Ajax
The real crime here is the lack of OP's usage of paragraphs.