None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
10411 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Customer Service Associate vs Customer Service Agent vs CSR

I'm editing my LinkedIn right now and I'm wondering if there's a difference between the three job titles. From the looks of it, there isn't much of a difference. I worked as a call centre agent that did a lot of work aside from just inbound and outbound calls.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
No. No one cares. All hated equally.
If you want to advance, emphasize the sales aspects of your job. Money talks.
Jun 8, 2012
434 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
^^^ Exactly, no one really cares! Don't take this the wrong way...ANYONE can be a CSR so you really need to emphasize sales/conversions (ie 10 out of 15 people I called signed up), call volume, etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2006
2061 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
LOL this is hilarious. Man oh man.

If you need to ask this here, how much professional help do you honestly think linkedin is going to help you?????????????????

Lol, man you need some real networks.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
10411 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
amw3000 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2013 11:26 pm
^^^ Exactly, no one really cares! Don't take this the wrong way...ANYONE can be a CSR so you really need to emphasize sales/conversions (ie 10 out of 15 people I called signed up), call volume, etc.
Ha as if sales existed at where I worked. But thanks for the tip!
sirex wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2013 11:42 pm
LOL this is hilarious. Man oh man.

If you need to ask this here, how much professional help do you honestly think linkedin is going to help you?????????????????

Lol, man you need some real networks.
Dunno why you're hating. Just wanted to ensure there's no difference between em.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2006
2061 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
Why I am hating is because you don't get it dude. you just dont get it. and i get sick pleasures.

The first thing that strikes me by your original post is that you are not a very sociable person. You don't really understand how people work or socialize. You are asking people on the internet whether there is a difference in describing a title. A title that is by all means a meaningless one. The thing is, youre asking other clueless people here on RFD that all they care about is making $$$$$$$$$$ and they think that using linkedin and manipulating their prior work experiences "bending the truth" will somehow give them an edge over all those other countless people doing the same thing. Rather than making real intimate connections with people that you need to work with, you somehow think that the difference between CRR or CSR or whatever else, is going to do that for you. A useless title, on a useless linkedin profile, on a useless site.

Anyway, food for the masses I guess.

Good luck to you.
Jun 8, 2012
434 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
sirex wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2013 9:57 pm
Why I am hating is because you don't get it dude. you just dont get it. and i get sick pleasures.

The first thing that strikes me by your original post is that you are not a very sociable person. You don't really understand how people work or socialize. You are asking people on the internet whether there is a difference in describing a title. A title that is by all means a meaningless one. The thing is, youre asking other clueless people here on RFD that all they care about is making $$$$$$$$$$ and they think that using linkedin and manipulating their prior work experiences "bending the truth" will somehow give them an edge over all those other countless people doing the same thing. Rather than making real intimate connections with people that you need to work with, you somehow think that the difference between CRR or CSR or whatever else, is going to do that for you. A useless title, on a useless linkedin profile, on a useless site.

Anyway, food for the masses I guess.

Good luck to you.
Do you even have the slightest idea how LinkedIn works? It's all based on keywords in peoples profile. So if I had the word "manager" or "supervisor" in my profile, it gets indexed and companies pay to access these lists with such keywords. If my choice of titles or keywords in my profile are poor, chances of getting viewed are poor. So yes, a stupid title does matter. There is also a ton of knowledgable people who browse these forums and give great advice.

LinkedIn holds a huge market share when it comes to recruiting, and is also a huge player in the corporate "social network" scene. With revenue of $972M/year, they are certainly doing something right. 2 new members every second! 225 million users in over 200 countries! All those people must be dumb and should listen to you sirex! What the hell are we doing?!?!

Geokilla, just put any stat that makes you stand out from other CSR's. Picked up calls vs picked up 100 calls a day. I don't know what field you are tailoring your profile to so I really cannot comment on what you should use. Customer Service Agent is more known but again, its the skills you picked up and excelled at that are important.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3903 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
sirex wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2013 9:57 pm
other clueless people here on RFD
That's a pretty bold statement.

I also agree it's not a useless site. I use it quite a lot to keep track of the people I meet in my field of work. I can also quickly look up their bios and their pics so I remember them all. Just because you don't use it doesn't make it a useless site. If I ever leave my current position I know I have that site to keep me plugged into everyone else.

To OP: As there really isn't a difference, I would suggest you go with the one your company assigned to your role.
Let's Get You Married™
× < >