For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7809 posts
732 upvotes
Psychopathetic wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 10:31 am
Can someone enlighten me about Killer Frost? Does she go evil because of the power? Was she always evil in the mainstream DC universe?
As far as I know she's always been a villain in the comics.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
977 upvotes
Vaughan
uber_shnitz wrote:
Nov 11th, 2016 9:04 am
As far as I know she's always been a villain in the comics.
Yup. Flash is the only media that actually gave her a background story of being nice then turning bad.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17385 posts
1196 upvotes
So the big bad is yet another speedster.

I'm not feeling it these last few episodes. The first 2 was okay but it hasn't been as strong as the previous 2 seasons. Another thing is the fact that Flashpoint and the fix should have meant that Eobard Thawne did not get stuck and had to become fake Harrison Well (unless of course after his run in with the Legends he gets himself stuck, because, comics retcons!). Not getting stuck would also mean Eddie didn't need to die and HR doesn't need to hide his face and... so many issues with time travel!
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7809 posts
732 upvotes
I swear this TV show seems to have a coping mechanism of introducing speedsters as the only way to challenge the Flash...

What are we at now..."my name is Barry Allen and I'm the...5th fastest man alive"?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7114 posts
660 upvotes
Victoria
I also dislike how how they keep referring to the original Harrison Wells as being bad. The original Harrison Wells was murdered along with his wife, and his identity was stolen. It's pretty tragic. They keep talking about him like was evil (not making the distinction that it was Thawn that was evil). He was probably an alright guy (in fact it might be cool to meet him in a time travel kind of episode).

This seasons ok. I do agree the amount of speedsters is getting excessive. Is alchemy a real speedster, or does he/she have a different kind of power?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
701 upvotes
It kinda sucks that almost single every recurring character in arrow, flash, legends of tomorrow, now Supergirl, are superheroes or supervillains. They seriously need different writers for each of these series.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8290 posts
1687 upvotes
Toronto
I think Barry has to visit another universe and recruit some Autobots to fight the Megatron lookalike
Dec 22, 2014
460 posts
97 upvotes
Regina, SK
I was liking this episode up until the end. Than it was another speedster. Maybe Savitar will exhibit some different abilities as he does in the comics.

Alchemy's power I think is primarily the stone he has. Known as the philosopher's stone in the comics.

Every season they introduce more speedsters than the one before it:

Season 1 - Flash and Reverse Flash
Season 2 - Zoom, Trajectory and the real Jay Garrick (golden age Flash)
Season 3 - Kid Flash, Jesse Quick, Rival and Savitar

Apart from original creations they are staring to run low on speedsters to draw from at least.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7809 posts
732 upvotes
I feel like Speedsters are a coping mechanism by the show writers to justify Barry's development.

"Yo he needs to get faster and learn new things, how do we do that?"
"Introduce a villain faster than him!"
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1095 posts
154 upvotes
So back in season 1, there was that future newspaper headline regarding a Crisis and how Barry disappeared. Did they ever address that again? With all the time travel and everything, I don't remember if that was ever brought up again or maybe I just missed it.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
977 upvotes
Vaughan
They address it in Legends of Tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1095 posts
154 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 1:29 pm
They address it in Legends of Tomorrow.
With that future Barry message, or something else?
Baaaaaaaaa!
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
977 upvotes
Vaughan
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 2:10 pm
With that future Barry message, or something else?
Barry in the future leaves them a message, they hear part of it and then that's it.

Assuming they will slowly start talking about that more and more, but that's all we've got.