Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17672 posts
1306 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 2:11 pm
Barry in the future leaves them a message, they hear part of it and then that's it.

Assuming they will slowly start talking about that more and more, but that's all we've got.
The Flash disappeared in 2024 during a "crisis" in the newspaper we saw in Season 1. The recording we heard on Legends is from 2056.

Eobard Thawne kept checking back on the 2024 newspaper to make sure Barry disappears then but we still don't know why. Maybe what Eobard is doing in Legends leads to Barry's 2024 disappearance with the Legends needing to head to 2056 to fix it.

On a related note, Bart Allen, Barry's grandson who is also a speedster, hails from 2056.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17672 posts
1306 upvotes
That reveal wasn't much of a reveal. They more or less pointed to it in the earlier episodes.

Anyways, crossover!

Synopsis wrote:When aliens called the Dominators attack Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) speeds over to Star City to ask the Green Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell) for help in stopping them. Realizing the battle against the Dominators is bigger than they thought, they track down the Legends of Tomorrow, and Barry and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) create a breach to bring back a secret weapon – Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist). Once all of the super friends are assembled, they come up with a plan to attack but a shocking secret related to Flashpoint is revealed and suddenly no one is sure who they can trust. Meanwhile, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) wants to join the battle against the aliens but Iris (Candice Patton) tells him he’s not ready.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
Ya, the reveal of Alchemy's identity wasn't shocking at all. And seriously, you keep your bad guy costume in a drawer at work?

And I just can't stand the actor playing Wally. This acting and delivery of his lines are so dull, and this season he's been coming off as an annoying brat that's whining about wanting powers. Ugh.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17672 posts
1306 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 12:32 pm
Ya, the reveal of Alchemy's identity wasn't shocking at all. And seriously, you keep your bad guy costume in a drawer at work?

And I just can't stand the actor playing Wally. This acting and delivery of his lines are so dull, and this season he's been coming off as an annoying brat that's whining about wanting powers. Ugh.
I had fully expected Joe to knock Alchemy's mask off right before Savitar showed up revealing him. And yes, what kind of bad guy keeps his costume at work?! At THAT workplace!

Good. I'm not the only one that is pissed to just see Wally. He was dull last season but he's just plain annoying this season. I haven't seen anything else he may have done so I don't know if he's directed this way or he's just plain terrible.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
So, two episodes into the crossover, and I must say I'm not exactly thrilled with how it's gone so far.

Am I the only one who found it hypocritical of Sara to criticize Barry for changing the past? She and her Legends team have been doing exactly that in EVERY single episode this season. And how did Felicity contact the Legends team???
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
706 upvotes
Why would the dominoes aliens attack this crappy city? And why would the president even be in this city?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7444 posts
764 upvotes
Victoria
I won't complain about a couple of the plotholes, but I do wish there was more interaction between the characters. Maybe not as superheroes but their regular characters. Maybe they've got too many of them in there? They've got all the headlining characters, plus their gangs, it's alot of people. Almost has an avengers effect where there's too many people to make it interest (Which my favourite part of Ultron being when they were all hanging out at Hawyeye's house).

Hopefully we get some better stuff in the last two eps. This one did dedicate a fair chunk to superhero vs. superhero fighting....
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17672 posts
1306 upvotes
zod wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 1:38 am
I won't complain about a couple of the plotholes, but I do wish there was more interaction between the characters. Maybe not as superheroes but their regular characters. Maybe they've got too many of them in there? They've got all the headlining characters, plus their gangs, it's alot of people. Almost has an avengers effect where there's too many people to make it interest (Which my favourite part of Ultron being when they were all hanging out at Hawyeye's house).

Hopefully we get some better stuff in the last two eps. This one did dedicate a fair chunk to superhero vs. superhero fighting....
They seem to have constrained themselves to 3 episodes for this crossover event (the Supergirl episode doesn't count) and really rushed it. At least they left Citizen Steel and Vixen on the Wave Rider for now, otherwise it would be even more crowded than it already is.

With so many characters coming together for the first time, it would have benefited a longer 6 or 8 episode arc or at least have each show weave a lead in, more than "get gotta go" at the end of an episode.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7444 posts
764 upvotes
Victoria
Haz wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 3:33 am
They seem to have constrained themselves to 3 episodes for this crossover event (the Supergirl episode doesn't count) and really rushed it. At least they left Citizen Steel and Vixen on the Wave Rider for now, otherwise it would be even more crowded than it already is.

With so many characters coming together for the first time, it would have benefited a longer 6 or 8 episode arc or at least have each show weave a lead in, more than "get gotta go" at the end of an episode.
Yah... or they could of kept it smaller. They could have the leads from each show team up, but leave off most of the b-list and c-list characters. It gets too crowded (much like the last avengers movie). None of the lead characters get's much time to interact with the other ones. That being said my favourite part of the episode was Mick's conversation with Supergirl... that was pretty good stuff, and it's kind of want I want to see. It's a TV show does the big epic fight scenes aren't that epic. They don't have the budget for it. So have the pseudo-justice league have a fun time working together and taking down the big bad.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
981 upvotes
Vaughan
Really liked the Flash episode. Supergirl doesn't count, but the Flash was awesome. Hall of Justice cameo!

Interesting to see people complain about too many people - each character has had at least a season of development on their respective shows. More character development than the Avengers had before that movie.

What more do you need for a crossover event?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8710 posts
1845 upvotes
Toronto
I thought the first proper hour (as previously mentioned that Supergirl cameo hardly counts) of the crossover was pretty fun like a slightly better than average Legends episode.
I'm not sure about all the Flashpoint angst.
The altered timeline is all the supporting characters have ever known so their resentment of Barry seems like contrived conflict.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7957 posts
781 upvotes
Ottawa
Given that the crossover now spawns 4 shows, it's getting convoluted quick, with various references to each show's subplots and a few loopholes here and there. Agreed about the "Avengers Ultron" effect where there's so many that you start getting a bit apathetic towards most of them. I found the best crossovers were the Flash/Arrow ones simply because there's less characters so the storywriting was simpler and it gave more breathing room for the characters to talk/interact. This crossover really just feels like fanservice to see everyone shoot at the same target (which arguably isn't very well defined).

The "villain" of this crossover also isn't very compelling. Sure it's aliens but they're not really built up much from what we're given. Even Vandal Savage had better buildup.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 3:39 pm
I thought the first proper hour (as previously mentioned that Supergirl cameo hardly counts) of the crossover was pretty fun like a slightly better than average Legends episode.
I'm not sure about all the Flashpoint angst.
The altered timeline is all the supporting characters have ever known so their resentment of Barry seems like contrived conflict.
Cisco's got a legitimate beef, and maybe Diggle. I'm not sure why everyone else is annoyed at Barry. Also, the Legends should have been annoyed at Firestorm for keep that recording from them for so long.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7444 posts
764 upvotes
Victoria
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 5:49 pm
Cisco's got a legitimate beef, and maybe Diggle. I'm not sure why everyone else is annoyed at Barry. Also, the Legends should have been annoyed at Firestorm for keep that recording from them for so long.
The thing that occured to me is Barry is actually missing months in his memory. He lived in Flashpoint for about 3 months so he has no memory of what happened in the current universe during those 3 months. How does he know some of the events wouldn't of happened in the original timeline, and that they didn't naturally occur in the months he can't remember. Cisco's brother's death seemed pretty recent at the beginning of the season as Cisco was pretty mad at Barry for refusing to go back in time to save him. How do we know that death wouldn't of occurred had Barry not changed the past. He doesn't know where the original timeline went in the months he was gone. How do we also know that Diggle having a son or Stein having a daughter aren't ripple effects from the Legend's interactions with history? I think Barry blames himself too much.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
zod wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 6:14 pm
How do we also know that Diggle having a son or Stein having a daughter aren't ripple effects from the Legend's interactions with history?
Exactly. Legends have done way more in their time travel than Barry ever has. So Sara critiquing Barry was quite laughable.
Baaaaaaaaa!