• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2017 11:48 am
Tags:
None
Jun 29, 2010
783 posts
172 upvotes
I did chuckle at Heatwave's interaction with Kara. "I'm not going to call you Supergirl, it's stupid."
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4057 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Psychopathetic wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 12:43 pm
I did chuckle at Heatwave's interaction with Kara. "I'm not going to call you Supergirl, it's stupid."
Another chuckle, a few moments later when they were under attack he said something like can we get some help "Supergirl".
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26176 posts
6053 upvotes
GTHA
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 11:03 pm
Am I the only one who found it hypocritical of Sara to criticize Barry for changing the past? She and her Legends team have been doing exactly that in EVERY single episode this season.
In Legends of Tomorrow, the Legends right wrongs in history, called aberrations.
In Season 1, the aberrations were policed by the Time Masters, but when their allegiance with Vandal Savage forced the Legends to remove the Masters, they took on the responsibility of protecting history.
from https://www.inverse.com/article/24504-f ... w-timeline

Sara is pissed at Barry for going back in time to save his mother, acting with his own self-interest in mind.

Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 8:16 pm
In Legends of Tomorrow, the Legends right wrongs in history, called aberrations.
In Season 1, the aberrations were policed by the Time Masters, but when their allegiance with Vandal Savage forced the Legends to remove the Masters, they took on the responsibility of protecting history.
from https://www.inverse.com/article/24504-f ... w-timeline

Sara is pissed at Barry for going back in time to save his mother, acting with his own self-interest in mind.
I get it, but I'm not buying it. Every time they go back to fix abberations, they're doing something different like interacting with locals, showing off their powers to everyone, etc. That's got to be affecting the future as well. And, Sara spent some time trying to kill Savage in the past to save her sister, so I'm not sure how she got on her high horse.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7957 posts
781 upvotes
Ottawa
On a completely random note, how do "Time Wraiths" fit in with the whole concept of time travel in the DC TV universe. Do they only target speedsters who travel through time or would the actions of the Legends eventually get their attention? Are they agents of the Time Masters or separate from them? Why hasn't Barry's last 2 trips (creating and undoing Flashpoint) alerted them this time around?
Dec 22, 2014
493 posts
108 upvotes
Regina, SK
uber_shnitz wrote:
Dec 5th, 2016 10:30 am
On a completely random note, how do "Time Wraiths" fit in with the whole concept of time travel in the DC TV universe. Do they only target speedsters who travel through time or would the actions of the Legends eventually get their attention? Are they agents of the Time Masters or separate from them? Why hasn't Barry's last 2 trips (creating and undoing Flashpoint) alerted them this time around?
I think at one point the show described Time Wraiths as being part of the or linked to the Speed Force. Based on that the Legends might not get any attention from them.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17672 posts
1306 upvotes
VicRav wrote:
Dec 5th, 2016 12:41 pm
I think at one point the show described Time Wraiths as being part of the or linked to the Speed Force. Based on that the Legends might not get any attention from them.
Yes, the Time Wraiths are new and just for the show so all we know is that it's part of the Speed Force. Why they didn't show up the three times Barry was at his mother's death and then messing around with the timeline some more, who knows? Why are they not hunting down Eobard Thawne? He's puttering around even more.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
981 upvotes
Vaughan
Haz wrote:
Dec 5th, 2016 1:46 pm
Yes, the Time Wraiths are new and just for the show so all we know is that it's part of the Speed Force. Why they didn't show up the three times Barry was at his mother's death and then messing around with the timeline some more, who knows? Why are they not hunting down Eobard Thawne? He's puttering around even more.
Huh, time wraith is in the comics as well. Just not called time wraith.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10594 posts
1681 upvotes
Ottawa
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2016 11:40 am
I get it, but I'm not buying it. Every time they go back to fix abberations, they're doing something different like interacting with locals, showing off their powers to everyone, etc. That's got to be affecting the future as well. And, Sara spent some time trying to kill Savage in the past to save her sister, so I'm not sure how she got on her high horse.
I agree. The whole issue of not tampering with the timeline is completely arbitrary anyway. There’s no way that showing up in the past and trying to correct all aberrations is completely foolproof. It’s called butterfly effect for a reason.

Let’s face it, these shows don’t exhibit a lot of logic. The inconsistency of the way they treat timelines, and the powers of the speed force comes out of whatever is convenient to advance the episode, not any kind of actual serious forethought.

You have to turn off your brain a bit to enjoy these shows….for the most part, I’ll watch it because they are fun.
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7957 posts
781 upvotes
Ottawa
Time travel is always a painful thing to write stories around which is why I usually would advise against it, especially when you get into weird crossover universes. Unless the concept is very well thought out it just leaves too many things potentially open.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
Agreed, TV shows that completely revolve around time travel is just too difficult to write for and to understand by the audience. Just look at Timeless. It had such great hopes but the full season order was cut short to only 16 episodes and they'll be lucky to get picked up for a second season. It's why I don't think Legends will last as long as the other CW shows.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17672 posts
1306 upvotes
Brownmask wrote:
Dec 5th, 2016 6:21 pm
Black Flash is what they're based on.
Yeah, that's as close as it gets.

On a side note, we may get speedster number 9 soon.

Looks to be Accelerated Man from Earth-19, the same Earth as HR. Is HR Accelerated Man?

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Accelerated_Man_(Earth_19)
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26176 posts
6053 upvotes
GTHA
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2016 11:40 am
Laurel was fatally stabbed by Damien Darhk in the 18th episode of the 4th season of Arrow.

Darhk is now working with Eobard Thawne in season 2 of Legends

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)