• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2017 8:47 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 29, 2010
699 posts
146 upvotes
It was pretty good - I think that Wally's infatuation with Jessie feels forced. I don't see any chemistry there. Draco as Indiana Jones was fun.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23287 posts
4862 upvotes
GTHA
Behind The Battle: Gorilla City

THE FLASH’s Final Showdown w/ Grodd

sharpshooter88 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 1:19 am
The CG was pretty bad though, but that's expected for TV. I liked their creative way of having Grodd on screen without actually having him appear to save money.
Agree
Psychopathetic wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 9:21 am
It was pretty good - I think that Wally's infatuation with Jessie feels forced. I don't see any chemistry there. Draco as Indiana Jones was fun.
Agree
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1066 posts
147 upvotes
Last night's episode just reaffirmed why I hate Wally so much. How dumb was it for him to try to do everything himself?

And Isis, throwing a tantrum when she found out why Barry proposed. He's doing anything and everything he can to save your life, stop your whining.

Is that a real suit they are using for Savitar instead of CG? I like this a lot better than how it looked with CG.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jun 30, 2009
492 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
Wally's always been a hothead. He only wanted speed because he was jealous and is a glory hound. And I don't get why he's being touted as faster/stronger than Barry because he's faster than when Barry started. Wally might have just gotten his powers, but he's technically getting his more mature Flashpoint power. If the speed powers were like raising and riding a horse, Barry started off with a young colt and has raised and groomed it into a racer. Wally's picked up an older, stronger horse that Flashpoint-Wally had already raised, so he's got a head start - he's just learning how to ride it now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7051 posts
645 upvotes
Victoria
yah.... it feels like its run out of a bit of steam.. kind of like what happened to arrow. I'm actually enjoying legends of tomorrow the most of the four shows right now... not sure if it's because it got better or flash got worse.... probably the latter :)
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1066 posts
147 upvotes
I found this season to be very hit or miss. My main problem has been the character development of Wally and Iris. Wally comes off way to whiny and hot-headed, and Iris has been very annoying. Barry's been trying everything he can to save her life and she's been complaining about what he's doing.

It's still better than Legends in my book. I watch Legends just because it's part of the universe, but I don't find it particularly entertaining. I do get a laugh at the recap when they keep saying "don't call us heroes, we're legends". Barf.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7768 posts
721 upvotes
The issue is that I don't get any character development this season. Barry's still making the same stupid time altering mistakes (even the Speed Force felt the need to remind him) and we're getting very little in terms of Wally or the others. Like, most of these shows revolved around the characters because the stories are fairly straightforward (aka there is a bad guy, we must beat him). The bad guys aren't even especially unique in the Flash's case; they're all fast people that have a thing against Barry and want some form of world domination.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1019 posts
217 upvotes
I've already seen "La La Land" twice in the movie theatre and just got home from the newly released musical "Beauty and the Beast" live-action movie with Emma Watson. Bring on tonight's song and dance episode with Supergirl. I'm totally ready! LOL
Jun 29, 2010
699 posts
146 upvotes
For me, the singing/dancing episode was 50/50 - some of it worked and was fun (Super Friends) and some of it was way too sappy (Final Song).
And Moon River? Really? No one under 50 will know what that was!

Just re-watching now because I like music, Put a Little Love was a good sequence with Cisco and Winn
And Merlyn - didn't think that guy could sing
Jun 30, 2009
492 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
Super Friends was a fun number. With Merlyn, I could see a killer voice from Barrowman, but I didn't expect the pipes on Joe West. Didn't know he used to be in Rent.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1066 posts
147 upvotes
I did not like this episode. I love musicals, but this episode just felt cheesy and not very enjoyable.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2418 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
Sing, Barry, sing!
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10087 posts