jenviea wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 9:00 pm
He certainly did tell him from the beginning
Yup
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7904 posts
768 upvotes
Idk it didn't strike me as a big reveal for some reason. It was one of the early theories about it.

Soooo if there's time travel and messing with the past/future happening again, does that mean Time Wraiths and Undead Zoom will come back?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3498 posts
215 upvotes
This is what I like about this show compare to the other superhero tv shows on the current roster. It really keeps you guessing the outcome.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1346 posts
368 upvotes
Really? This show is nothing if not predictable. This is three straight years where the main villain has not been a surprise to many people.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1132 posts
159 upvotes
Even though this was predicted, I didn't mind the reveal. As long as they explain the future Flash's motivations (which earth is this Flash from, did I miss this???), I'll be happy.

I'm very interested to see what they do with killer frost. Sad to see Caitlin leave team Flash.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 22, 2014
470 posts
101 upvotes
Regina, SK
The reveal was kind of a let down. They spent too long dragging out this convoluted mess. There is now only 3 episodes left to deal with it. That being said I struggle with the idea of Barry becoming the villain in this story. Especially a villain that would go back in time to kill his fiancé. However, the writers followed through with a lot of the obvious foreshadowing - including Eobard telling Barry that he is the villain at the beginning of the season.

Season 1 and 2 revealed Reverse Flash and Zoom much earlier and they were better seasons for it. Arrow's current season has been better and they also handled the Prometheus reveal earlier.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7904 posts
768 upvotes
I hope they explain/amend the whole thing about Savitar being the first metahuman gifted with speed and his link to the Philosopher's Stone. It would imply that Savitar's been moving through time a LOT (back and forth) and if anyone's seen Legends of Tomorrow, that means Time Wraiths and Undead Zoom on your heels all the time.

I think part of my disappointment is the constant need for "reveals" for villains to be interesting. Revere Flash as stated was "revealed" very early on and that didn't hinder the storyline at all (if anything, it helped it). I don't see the need for having a villain be someone we already know other than the "shock factor" (which in this case wasn't done so well IMO). There's nothing wrong with a villain being a completely new character we've never met.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1132 posts
159 upvotes
uber_shnitz wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 1:54 pm
I hope they explain/amend the whole thing about Savitar being the first metahuman gifted with speed and his link to the Philosopher's Stone. It would imply that Savitar's been moving through time a LOT (back and forth) and if anyone's seen Legends of Tomorrow, that means Time Wraiths and Undead Zoom on your heels all the time.

I think part of my disappointment is the constant need for "reveals" for villains to be interesting. Revere Flash as stated was "revealed" very early on and that didn't hinder the storyline at all (if anything, it helped it). I don't see the need for having a villain be someone we already know other than the "shock factor" (which in this case wasn't done so well IMO). There's nothing wrong with a villain being a completely new character we've never met.
Agreed. I'd like next season to be more about introduction of new villians. I don't need a big bad that fills the entire season. I'd love stories that span 4 to 5 episodes each focusing on everything that made season 1 great, instead of everything being dragged throughout the season until the last few episodes for a big reveal.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25133 posts
5565 upvotes
GTHA
Savitar's identity was teased on Legends of Tomorrow...

from http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/05/spoiler-roo ... ican-gods/
Does Savitar’s identity on The Flash connect to that message future Barry left before the Invasion crossover? — Marcel

Yes, the message left by a future Barry cautioning Rip Hunter against trusting anyone in the future, including himself, does tie into the reveal that Savitar is future Barry Allen. In fact, that particular point will be addressed very soon. “Someone does point out that suddenly that message makes a lot of sense,” EP Andrew Kreisberg says.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25133 posts
5565 upvotes
GTHA
Future Barry Explains Savitar in New Season 3 Sizzle Reel

Many familiar faces are included in the trailer, including Captain Cold, King Shark, and ARGUS’ Lyla Michaels. In fact, it appears Captain Cold is helping Flash prepare for Savitar, providing four rules for the hero as he’s poised to face himself: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, and throw away the plan. At one point, Joe West states the look in Future Barry’s eyes is the same look he had as a kid when his mother was murdered.

Other potentially shocking developments include a shot of an injured Kid Flash, a possible love connection between Future Barry and Killer Frost, and the teased final showdown between Caitlin’s friend-turned-enemy and Vibe. Savitar’s final words to Flash are, “Whether you kill me or become me – either way, you lose!”

http://www.cbr.com/the-flash-future-bar ... zzle-reel/
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7904 posts
768 upvotes
That explanation about Savitar's identity was honestly one of the most convoluted and worst explanations I've seen even by Flash standards including time travel...

It also fails to explain how the Philosopher's stone ties into any of this.
Dec 22, 2014
470 posts
101 upvotes
Regina, SK
uber_shnitz wrote:
May 10th, 2017 9:29 am
That explanation about Savitar's identity was honestly one of the most convoluted and worst explanations I've seen even by Flash standards including time travel...

It also fails to explain how the Philosopher's stone ties into any of this.
And they wasted most of the episode on an amnesia plot that basically did nothing. This episode really seemed to be sticking its tongue out at the audience (or maybe flipping the middle finger). They argued on screen how Savitar exists, but wrapped it up with 'its a closed loop' - implying just go with it. Than Savitar near the end saying 'I remember everything' invalidated pretty much the entire episode. This was one of 3 remaining episodes after the reveal and it was mostly empty filler.

You could argue that there was some character development with Killer Frost, but that whole plot has been stupid anyway. I still don't buy into Caitlyn becoming evil just because of powers and any time she appears to wrestle between good and evil makes even less sense.

The best parts of the episode:
- Wally - 'We are brothers.' Barry does a skin check.
- Cisco telling a story that involved Ronnie. Even if I don't like the way the Killer Frost plot has developed I still like that Cisco chose a story that called back to Ronnie.
- HR and Tracy. Not necessarily great, but in the overall mess of an episode they made the most sense.

Weird science:
- They need 3 point something terajoules to power their weapon and reference the sun for comparison. The sun's energy output is exponentially greater than that. Like 12 to 14 more zeroes in front of the decimal. The number they mention is closer to an atomic bomb, which still would carry a wow factor. I know we are pretty loose on the science and I turn of my brain for a lot of it, but this was a pretty big miss. Was it really that hard for the writers to look it up and increase the number or use a better comparison.

Either way the weapon is currently useless as Savitar remembers everything.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7273 posts
704 upvotes
Victoria
Flash has been getting pretty rough this year. I did like Bart though. Reminded me more of season 1 Barry. Barry's been so emo this year it's hard to enjoy the show.

I also agree the explanation of the remnant was convoluted and made no sense. I suppose there could of been another event that's been wiped out because of the loop that explains the original reason Barry traveled through time and and created the remnant. After the first one it got stuck in a loop.

I found the HR and Tracy stuff to be painful.

Definitely felt like a filler episode.
Jun 29, 2010
744 posts
155 upvotes
Is it sad to admit I did chuckle at Bart's courtroom speech (forgot the actual words but something like) "and that explains the extreme heat smiley face".
Dec 22, 2014
470 posts
101 upvotes
Regina, SK
Ugh. The way they have developed Julian's character I would be inclined to think he never used an emoticon in his life. I eyerolled at that joke.