• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2017 8:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1132 posts
159 upvotes
So, looks like Iris does die (at least it appears so). Good episode! I really enjoyed Captain Cold's return, he was refreshing and had some great lines. Was that a prison break reference from Cold when King Shark's hand was cut off?
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7904 posts
768 upvotes
The Philosopher's Stone "explanation" was as platonic as the whole Savtiar's identity explanation...

"I've lived this before so I've devised a counter to this plan"

Woohoo?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1132 posts
159 upvotes
uber_shnitz wrote:
May 17th, 2017 1:12 pm
The Philosopher's Stone "explanation" was as platonic as the whole Savtiar's identity explanation...

"I've lived this before so I've devised a counter to this plan"

Woohoo?
This whole story makes no sense, but I'm just rolling with it. The explanation of how Savitar exists blows my mind already...
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7904 posts
768 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 1:48 pm
This whole story makes no sense, but I'm just rolling with it. The explanation of how Savitar exists blows my mind already...
You mean that Savitar is from the future so he goes back to the past to kill Iris so Barry will create a time remnant to beat Savitar and said time remnant will then become the new Savitar?

Yeah, it's pretty convoluted. Let's not add that Barry's randomly been going back and forth in time since then too (such as to grab Snart).
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2011
2606 posts
1025 upvotes
Winnipeg
Some are saying there was a moment while Barry was trying trap Savitar with the gun, that a yellow streak was seen. Maybe Jesse came to Earth 1 and replaced Iris with HR (who's using that face changing thing) because he's upset he screwed everything up.
Dec 22, 2014
470 posts
101 upvotes
Regina, SK
I enjoyed this episode better than the last couple, but it could lose points depending on the finale. They built this episode as the Iris swan song. She makes a final video message to Barry and is shown to basically accept the fate that the team is trying to stop. If the show brings her back it hurts the episode because all of that is just a waste of time.

Weird moment - Evil Barry tricks the team into revealing Iris's location, but the goal of the secret was to keep it from Barry because Evil Barry knows what Barry knows anyway. Cisco doubles down by trying to make HR feel better suggesting that any person on the team could of fallen for the trick. There was no reason to be tricked, the information was never to be shared with Barry. HR is a bit of a goofball and most likely to mess this up, but it seemed too easy. For what it was worth they would have been better off not trying to hide Iris on Earth 2.

Snart is probably the episode MVP - "I like shark week, I'm not a marine biologist." and "Reminds me of Jaws. They didn't show the shark because they couldn't afford to make it look good."
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
1348 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone thinks that the only way for Iris not to be killed is for Barry not to lose it after she is killed therefor moving forward Barry doesn't become Savitar?

Will that happen in the last episode for the season? Or next season?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1752 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
I think since they showed the use of HR's transmorgifier this episode and that it can be used for either gender, that during that moment Savitar and Barry were dueling, that HR swapped with Iris.

HR hasn't felt he really had a purpose on Team Flash and felt really guilt stricken having accidentally​ outed where Iris was hiding.

I think the whole introduction of Dr. Brand was to tug at heart strings of viewers.
Dec 22, 2014
470 posts
101 upvotes
Regina, SK
some1not wrote:
May 17th, 2017 4:50 pm
Anyone thinks that the only way for Iris not to be killed is for Barry not to lose it after she is killed therefor moving forward Barry doesn't become Savitar?

I feel like that would invalidate most of season 3. However, they do play pretty fast and loose with cause and effect.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2470 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
There was definitely something else happening at the background. You could even see the freezing of the car's window during the fight.
some1not wrote:
May 17th, 2017 4:50 pm

Probably in the last episode.
From what I understand, the problem with not loosing it and moving forward is that current Savitar would continue to live. Simply dying won't be an option either because his death won't affect Savitar.

Here is what I think.
Since the Savitar we see right now is a time remnant who was created to defeat the other Savitar, defeating current Savitar is important for Savitar to be reborn and become a "god". Hence, current Barry would have to create time remnants in the future and somehow defeat current Savitar with a surviving time remnant. This surviving time remnant would then get lonely and decide to become a Savitar, thus regaining his full power as a "god".
For endless cycle to end, current Barry would need to sacrifice himself after defeating current Savitar, and then let the time remnant live his life. This would show time remnant that they are not just some disposable material, and that he is a "true" Barry as well, preventing Savitar from being reborn. So overall, we'd have no Savitar and just 1 Barry continuing his life. Won't be surprised if this good time remnant decides to go back in time, stop real Barry from dying, and sacrifices himself instead.

In episode 21, Savitar even said that he needs 2 things to happen to become a god: 1 - for Iris to die (making Barry want to defeat Savitar by creating multiple time remnants); and 2 - he will keep that to "himself", ie for surviving time remnant to start hating everything. So this all makes sense to me.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25151 posts
5568 upvotes
GTHA
Will Barry Allen return in the season four premiere episode?

Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg has promised that season 4 is not going to have a speedster as the villain.
from http://www.cbr.com/the-flash-season-4-villain/

"Savitar namedropped DeVoe for the second time this season, which suggests that DeVoe — and his alter ego The Thinker — will be Season 4’s big bad."
from http://www.cbr.com/the-flash-season-4-v ... e-thinker/
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17586 posts
1259 upvotes
Barry will be missing the first half of the first episode and probably pop up the second half talking about how he's lived a millennia or 2 and now has some crazy speeds that can do new stuff.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1132 posts
159 upvotes
The 2024 newspaper still reports that he disappeare after the crisis right? So I figured it's pretty obvious that Barry will at least have to reappear sometime before 2024...

Decent episode, HR will be missed!
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10232 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Savitar's backup plan reminded me of Voldemort. Funny coincidences: Tom Feldon, Philosopher's Stone, Horcrux. Drumsticks are wandlike.