None
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25655 posts
5834 upvotes
GTHA
This show is a substantial cult hit?

from http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/tel ... e34129024/
The CW’s bizarre, subversive drama based on the characters in the Archie comics airs weekly on Netflix in Canada and it is a substantial cult hit. Much talked about the day after a new episode airs. Little wonder.

The CW calls it “The O.C. meets Twin Peaks,” but it often leans more into David Lynch territory rather than staying in place as a high-school show. Written with sublime wit and the sort of references that stick in your mind for ages, it is adult, yet vastly entertaining on multiple levels.

Its strange gothic quality adds a spice to its take on the Archie universe. The love triangle of Archie, Betty and Veronica is a twisted, almost entirely new storyline now, with Betty and Veronica not enemies but seriously best friends forever. Where this puts Archie remains to be seen. The dialogue is so rich it is of baroque construction. At one point, Veronica says to Betty and Archie: “Can’t we just liberate ourselves from the tired dichotomy of jock, artist. Can’t we, in this post-James Franco world, be all things at once?”

And at one point, Archie is referred to as “the teen Outlander.” It’s unnerving how ambitious this concoction can be. You can catch up with existing episodes on Netflix in Canada.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17630 posts
1286 upvotes
I'm quite enjoying the show and I was an old school Archie comics reader back in the 80s.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14410 posts
1052 upvotes
Toronto
mzkaye729 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 9:23 am
The Blossom grandma is scary af Face With Tears Of Joy
So is Joey.

He looks like a Ken doll.

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25655 posts
5834 upvotes
GTHA
This is awesome!

Join the cast of Riverdale for a round of game night!

Game Night with Riverdale: 360° Video
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4695 posts
885 upvotes
Mississauga
So, i used to watch Sabrina, The Teenage Witch starring Melissa Joan Hart growing up. Until today reading through the recent messages in this thread, I had no idea it was a comic book character. *Mind boggled* haha.

Now, I want to see Sabrina enter the Riverdale universe.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1017 posts
94 upvotes
Markham
kenchau wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 12:07 am
So, i used to watch Sabrina, The Teenage Witch starring Melissa Joan Hart growing up. Until today reading through the recent messages in this thread, I had no idea it was a comic book character. *Mind boggled* haha.

Now, I want to see Sabrina enter the Riverdale universe.
Where have you been all these years, kenchau hahaha I LOL'd when I read your statement above.

So I watched the latest episode this morning while getting ready for work.

The show has become so cliché now w/ the events happening that I pretty much was right in all my assumptions as to where the stories would lead us. Not so sure I want to continue watching this but maybe I'll give next week's episode a shot.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1168 posts
161 upvotes
Archie and Valerie?
Juggy and Betty?!?!?

My expectations are set very low for this show, so last episode was decent enough IMO. I just wish they would get rid of those corny lines, like Archie's. "I was born alone, I'll die alone. I'll sing alone." :facepalm:
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1017 posts
94 upvotes
Markham
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 5:50 pm
Archie and Valerie?
Juggy and Betty?!?!?

My expectations are set very low for this show, so last episode was decent enough IMO. I just wish they would get rid of those corny lines, like Archie's. "I was born alone, I'll die alone. I'll sing alone." :facepalm:
Lol, this is what I mean by cliché! Totally could see it happening too. So obvious! And I agree about the dialogue on here lol I cringed also when I heard that line from Archie.

I think we are spoiling the show for everyone who isn't watching or caught up lol but I'm all for Fred and Hermione lol