• Oct 12th, 2017 8:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25655 posts
5834 upvotes
GTHA
Executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa tells EW, the Archie-Betty-Veronica love triangle will always be at the heart of any Archie story...

“That will always be at the heart of any Archie story,” executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa tells EW. “It’s just finding the right way to play it at the right temperature so you don’t burn it out too fast. You invest in all the characters, and you want them all to be happy — to me, that’s when a love triangle’s at its best, when you want all of the couplings to exist.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/29/riverdale-a ... -triangle/
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25655 posts
5834 upvotes
GTHA
Check out Riverdale's highlight reel that played for fans during yesterday’s packed WonderCon session in Anaheim, including the first look at Molly Ringwald as Archie's mom!

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25655 posts
5834 upvotes
GTHA
sprung wrote:
Jan 28th, 2017 10:55 am
Had fun at the Archive party last night in Toronto. Show is definitely darker than the comics of my youth. Incest, murder, and more. Episode 1 available now on Canadian Netflix.
Haz wrote:
Jan 28th, 2017 11:12 am
In the past decade or so, Archie comics have done some darker series as well and have pushed some pretty good narratives. The show pulls from some of those it looks like.
‘Riverdale’ Showrunner Reveals ‘Flowers in the Attic’ Inspiration for Jason and Cheryl’s Relationship
“There’s still more incestuous stuff to come,” Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa teases

http://www.thewrap.com/riverdale-showru ... ationship/
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25655 posts
5834 upvotes
GTHA
Jason Blossom’s killer will finally be revealed tonight's penultimate episode of season one?

Apr 21, 2009
846 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
The show is awesome, I used to read the comics a a kid. Used to buy them by the boxes from Thrift Stores for dirt cheap lol.
Dec 22, 2014
470 posts
102 upvotes
Regina, SK
I watched it, I got hooked, but I probably would have never even given it a chance if it wasn't for my curiosity regarding the Archies comics backdrop. Curious what they will do for season 2.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23339 posts
1083 upvotes
Markham, ON
i really tried...watched the first 6 episodes...i found Archie's actor lacking in charisma, Perhaps I am bias but I liked the triangle relationship aspect of the series...the teacher kind of ruins it for me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5937 posts
1667 upvotes
Kelowna
I like it, but overall the show is poorly written. The eps 12 wrap up to the murder mystery was pretty weak. Certainly felt rushed.

Anyhow .. not bad ... but basically Hardy Boys novel set in Archie universe.

I give it an "OK", if these types of shows appeal to you, and no vampires (yet).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5937 posts
1667 upvotes
Kelowna
VicRav wrote:
May 12th, 2017 10:30 am
I watched it, I got hooked, but I probably would have never even given it a chance if it wasn't for my curiosity regarding the Archies comics backdrop. Curious what they will do for season 2.
I think that's the hook ... take the Archie characters/backdrop out of the equation and the show would likely flop if these were just new random characters.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17630 posts
1286 upvotes
raspeed wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:04 am
I like it, but overall the show is poorly written. The eps 12 wrap up to the murder mystery was pretty weak. Certainly felt rushed.

Anyhow .. not bad ... but basically Hardy Boys novel set in Archie universe.

I give it an "OK", if these types of shows appeal to you, and no vampires (yet).
Being a Greg Berlanti show, they probably planned out more than a 13 episode season. Overall, I enjoyed more than I expected.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Mar 8, 2012
83 posts
5 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Check out the comics by Riverdale series developer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa if you get the chance. Especially the zombie one! Good read.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17630 posts
1286 upvotes
johnnyhuynh wrote:
May 13th, 2017 4:03 pm
Check out the comics by Riverdale series developer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa if you get the chance. Especially the zombie one! Good read.
Afterlife was really good but they went on a long hiatus leaving the story hanging. Did they ever finish it?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Nov 15, 2004
398 posts
76 upvotes
The season finale felt a bit anticlimactic after the penultimate episode. I was expecting some more secrets to be revealed. Also, I had a hard time taking the show seriously everytime they mentioned Jughead's dad's name: "FP". Just say Forsythe!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5937 posts
1667 upvotes
Kelowna
Heh, well, yes eps 13 seemed odd. 12 kind of felt like your typical finale episode. That's usually how a season ends .. but then they did what they did.

I'll continue watching the show, but as I said or alluded to previously, I'm wondering if I'd have any interest at all if it wasn't for the Archie setting.

As for 13's ending, I suspect that may be a way for Luke Perry to bail on the series?