None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2003
1876 posts
80 upvotes
Thornhill

CX-7 Owners?

I'm in the market for a new car and really like the 2011 CX-7 GX with Luxury Package. This is not the turbo engine.

I'd appreciate if any owners could share their experiences and opinion on this vehicle.

TIA
Those who don't do it, don't get it.
7 replies
Dec 28, 2004
633 posts
54 upvotes
Montreal
Owner of a 2011 CX-7 GT for about 4 months. The only negative is the gas consumption but you won't have that problem with the 2.5 but that car will be slow.

More comfortable then the CX-9(for my back), and handles better.
Fit and finish is very good. Very happy overall.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1062 posts
43 upvotes
Bolton, ON
I like the vehicle, but mine has the turbo. You'll probably be able to get a better deal on the CX-7 vs. the CX-5 if you decide to cross shop it. The interior of the CX-7 is quite nice and functional, cargo room is acceptible but not huge. The driving position is pretty good, the front seats are comfortable and it is quite sporty in the way that it handles. The luxury package is nice because you really don't need anything more, leather, heated seats, Bluetooth and I think Sirius.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2003
1876 posts
80 upvotes
Thornhill
BradT wrote:
Mar 19th, 2012 8:13 am
I like the vehicle, but mine has the turbo. You'll probably be able to get a better deal on the CX-7 vs. the CX-5 if you decide to cross shop it. The interior of the CX-7 is quite nice and functional, cargo room is acceptible but not huge. The driving position is pretty good, the front seats are comfortable and it is quite sporty in the way that it handles. The luxury package is nice because you really don't need anything more, leather, heated seats, Bluetooth and I think Sirius.

Have you had to do any major repairs? Anything out of the ordinary?
Mar 31, 2009
18 posts
1 upvote
And, if you still decide to go for it, avoid the Turbo model. It has horrendous reliability.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1062 posts
43 upvotes
Bolton, ON
mrcantrell wrote:
Mar 19th, 2012 12:46 pm
Have you had to do any major repairs? Anything out of the ordinary?
Had the timing chain replaced under warranty and the muffler due to a little rust where the exterior stainless steel finish was spot welded to the pipe. Mazda looks like it has fixed this issue on the newer models because the exhaust tips are different. I was a little surprised by the timing chain, but it was warranty so all was good. Would I buy another one? Yes.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2003
1876 posts
80 upvotes
Thornhill
BradT wrote:
Mar 19th, 2012 9:49 pm
Had the timing chain replaced under warranty and the muffler due to a little rust where the exterior stainless steel finish was spot welded to the pipe. Mazda looks like it has fixed this issue on the newer models because the exhaust tips are different. I was a little surprised by the timing chain, but it was warranty so all was good. Would I buy another one? Yes.

What year is yours?
× < >