Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[CyberGhost] 1 year subscription for $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2015 11:46 am
Tags:
None
38 replies
Feb 9, 2011
913 posts
510 upvotes
Any comments on CyberGhost? Is it any good and is it worth it?
Oct 13, 2013
406 posts
56 upvotes
Chomedey, QC
had it for close to two years, will be good enough for most people who don't need something dedicated. i've never seen downtime, but I do get their messages once a month about it.speeds can be as slow as 3mbit 20% of times and fast as my max 30mbit 50% of times.

client login software is simple enough, you can set it to auto-connect at launch, might take 30 seconds if there isn't the rare missed connection, where then it could hang for minutes.. quitting is now faster than in the past (10 sec).
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
can this be used for watching US netflix and which country provides the best speeds?
Mar 7, 2011
529 posts
210 upvotes
Montreal
Tig wrote: can this be used for watching US netflix and which country provides the best speeds?
If you connect to a US server, you can use Netflix US. Same logic goes to connecting to a server in the UK to get access to Netflix UK.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
RedRoosterCT wrote: If you connect to a US server, you can use Netflix US. Same logic goes to connecting to a server in the UK to get access to Netflix UK.
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2650 posts
2189 upvotes
GTA
I am with Cyberghost now. But I would not renew with them - at least not now. Sometimes the connections are very slow and every now and then the connections would disconnect.

If it makes any difference, I use OpenVPN client to connect.
Nov 5, 2013
152 posts
106 upvotes
I got that $7/year cyberghost special and its awesome for my needs
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
1008 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Tig wrote: can this be used for watching US netflix and which country provides the best speeds?
I use it for watching US Netflix and it is fine 95% of the time (during the other 5% I notice a bit of pixelation so I am guessing not enough band width (but of course it could be my ISP as well, I never bothered to check))
It is good enough for my needs and since my $7 subscription is expiring soon I will probably hop on this deal.
Mar 7, 2011
529 posts
210 upvotes
Montreal
DragOnT wrote: I am with Cyberghost now. But I would not renew with them - at least not now. Sometimes the connections are very slow and every now and then the connections would disconnect.

Probably me misunderstanding what you're trying to say, but you use your CyberGhost license in OpenVPN to connect instead of using CyberGhost's software?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
2026 posts
615 upvotes
BC
I thought they were free for one year till the end of October? I have the free version. Its OK for netflix etc. but terrible for torrents. I think it cannot download on the US and a few other servers.
“The difference between humans and animals? Animals would never allow the dumbest ones to lead the pack.”
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5143 posts
601 upvotes
in a plane
Careful: this is not the PREMIUM version. I have the premium service, and I like it - a LOT. You don't have to share bandwidth with the 6 'public' servers, and it's actually perfectly fine for torrents. You get more countries (with good bandwidth), so I can easily max out my 30Mbit link.
Doko ni itemo... hito wa tsunagatte iru.
  • Get an Amex - get lots of points - get good karma! :)
  • wandering amphibia – a travel blog for the non-frequent traveler
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5941 posts
2734 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Pseudo Nim wrote: Careful: this is not the PREMIUM version. I have the premium service, and I like it - a LOT. You don't have to share bandwidth with the 6 'public' servers, and it's actually perfectly fine for torrents. You get more countries (with good bandwidth), so I can easily max out my 30Mbit link.
What are the terms of your plan and the cost?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5143 posts
601 upvotes
in a plane
fergy wrote: What are the terms of your plan and the cost?
12 months x2 years, $36 all in. Premium Plus subscription.
Doko ni itemo... hito wa tsunagatte iru.
  • Get an Amex - get lots of points - get good karma! :)
  • wandering amphibia – a travel blog for the non-frequent traveler
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
DragOnT wrote: I am with Cyberghost now. But I would not renew with them - at least not now. Sometimes the connections are very slow and every now and then the connections would disconnect.

Same here. During the past month or so, the VPN connection has been quite spotty. Not sure if it's my ISP disconnecting the VPN or if it's Cyberghost that's flaky. Prior to September, disconnections were rare.
Sep 15, 2007
184 posts
66 upvotes
Pseudo Nim wrote: 12 months x2 years, $36 all in. Premium Plus subscription.
I'm confused, their site only lists free, premium, and premium plus. Premium has the same rights has plus, but plus allows for 5 devices. Which one is this if it's not premium?

Edit: I see, you can only access a small list of their premium servers. Cold deal.
Oct 13, 2013
406 posts
56 upvotes
Chomedey, QC
premium plus should give access to more servers
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1443 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary
I have been using it for 1 yr, just renewed with the $25 premium year deal. I haven't had any issues, I just use their desktop software to switch when need be. Had it set up on my tablet before which worked but then I had a lock screen which I didn't like because of an android security feature. I haven't tried to set it up on anything else though.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11263 posts
6199 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone else has problems connecting it. When I try to connect says ssl error and try again. Keeps repeating. Any tips?