Expired Freebies

[D;Arcy McGee's & Fionn MacCool's] FREE savory pie Jan 23 (CAA Members)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2019 10:09 am
[OP]
Jul 7, 2013
215 posts
301 upvotes

FREE savory pie Jan 23 (CAA Members)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 23, 2019
Retailer:
D;Arcy McGee's & Fionn MacCool's
From CAA email:

"celebrate National Pie Day on Jan. 23 with a FREE savory pie from D'Arcy McGee's and Fionn MacCool's. Simply show your CAA Membership Card to receive your free meal!"

These aren't cheap hand pies, they're like shephard pies - different varieties: beef, steak, chicken, salmon. About a $17 value - best CAA freebie I've seen so far!

cheers,
:)
10 replies
Jun 1, 2009
417 posts
225 upvotes
Is this available for pick-up/take-out or must you dine-in?
[OP]
Jul 7, 2013
215 posts
301 upvotes
ConservativeBT, thx for the suggestion - I'll do that - I thought posting the (mostly) same content on multiple forums was prohibited so chose this subforum.

cheers,
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4192 posts
6427 upvotes
Ontario
Probably best for Mississuaga/Toronto. We don't have these eateries in Hamilton.
2019-roll out the gold carpet! Wins to date: a t-shirt, too many Spotify playlists (not claimed), $25 Indigo gc, $5 Starbucks e-gc
Feb 5, 2007
317 posts
188 upvotes
Calgary
wohjai wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:57 pm
Is this available for pick-up/take-out or must you dine-in?
Website is vague, but from CrossIron mall website for Balzac, it is dine-in only, which means the restaurant will be a gong show and you have to really value your time.

Celebrate Pie Day January 23/2019

Jan 23rd Wednesday is National Pie day! Every CAA members receive one Free Pie.

*Valid January 23, 2019 only. Limit one free pie per CAA member, per visit. Guest must present a valid CAA membership to server prior to ordering. Cannot be combined with any other offers. No cash value. Valid only at participating locations. Dine-in only. While supplies last.

https://www.crossironmills.com/en/promo ... ry-232019/
[OP]
Jul 7, 2013
215 posts
301 upvotes
I just had mine - v. salmon & leek on Terry Fox - staff was great, and place was dead due to continuing snowfall. In fact my server was out shoveling snow before he arrived at my table. Entree came with a nice mixed green salad that had tasty toasted seeds on it. Good promo as I'd never been to here before but def would return, now that I know what it's like there. Got a slice of cheesecake to go so it wouldn't be a zero bill, and tipped as if paying for entree of course. Enjoy!

cheers,
Images
  • IMG_2332.JPG
  • IMG_2331.JPG
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18661 posts
17686 upvotes
Toronto
" and tipped as if paying for entree of course"

@klamchowder , class act all the way. Some RFDers could learn from your example, well done!
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Jun 20, 2009
982 posts
282 upvotes
Edmonton
Are there any places in Edmonton that aren't sold out?
Dec 15, 2006
685 posts
289 upvotes
Ottawa
klamchowder wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 1:58 pm
I just had mine - v. salmon & leek on Terry Fox - staff was great, and place was dead due to continuing snowfall. In fact my server was out shoveling snow before he arrived at my table. Entree came with a nice mixed green salad that had tasty toasted seeds on it. Good promo as I'd never been to here before but def would return, now that I know what it's like there. Got a slice of cheesecake to go so it wouldn't be a zero bill, and tipped as if paying for entree of course. Enjoy!
I was at the same location from 1:30 -2:15. I had the Steak and Guinness on the bartender's recommendation. I love mushrooms but only found 1 piece in the pie. More beef I guess. I washed it down with a Kilkenny which was surprisingly smooth.
Images
  • pie.jpg
[OP]
Jul 7, 2013
215 posts
301 upvotes
sprung wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 2:12 pm
" and tipped as if paying for entree of course"
@klamchowder , class act all the way. Some RFDers could learn from your example, well done!
Awww, thx man!
virgonomic wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 9:04 pm
I was at the same location from 1:30 -2:15. I had the Steak and Guinness on the bartender's recommendation. I love mushrooms but only found 1 piece in the pie. More beef I guess. I washed it down with a Kilkenny which was surprisingly smooth.
Glad you enjoyed it - not sure who pays (the pub/CAA) for the promo but I think it was good for local ones to bring in business during the continued snowfall - the roads were pretty bad still and a lot of people WF/stayed home.

cheers,