• Nov 23rd, 2017 4:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1556 posts
290 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA

Dad of the thief complain for No Air Force One Ride

Last edited by napoleonbot on Nov 22nd, 2017 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
<No political content in signatures>
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
5423 posts
772 upvotes
Ottawa
Personally, I don't think the basketball players should have been left completely off the hook. It's not like they committed a "crime" such as insulting a religion or looking at a woman inappropriately. Shoplifting is a crime that is recognized as such in every society, including American society. Rather, I wish the US would have ensured that the offenders received a reasonable punishment (say, 30 to 90 days in jail, with visits by Americans or a neutral third party to ensure they're treated properly).
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11077 posts
1807 upvotes
Toronto
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Personally, I don't think the basketball players should have been left completely off the hook. It's not like they committed a "crime" such as insulting a religion or looking at a woman inappropriately. Shoplifting is a crime that is recognized as such in every society, including American society. Rather, I wish the US would have ensured that the offenders received a reasonable punishment (say, 30 to 90 days in jail, with visits by Americans or a neutral third party to ensure they're treated properly).
They should have been kept at least a month in a Chinese jail imo. Trump completely got them off the hook that fast. If it was Obama, forget it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9417 posts
1962 upvotes
Somewhere
two fools fighting each other

good.
:confused:
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20498 posts
4563 upvotes
Poormond Hill
He should have left them in China.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11826 posts
9092 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
I saw this interview LIVE... This guy is a clown.

As a Dad with sons who are all in the semi-pro / pro Basketball World he should have done a better job at raising them to be the best they can be on all fronts (ie morally & ethically) not just sports stars after the almighty dollar & fame.

Clearly he failed.

I mean seriously, who doesn’t tell their kid who travels with the team to other countries not to behave properly and NOT BREAK THE LAW, cause the consequences can be dire in other places vs home (this is China for crying out loud)

Shoplifting is a universal crime the world over. It is not something cultural. This is a straight up clear cut crime no matter where in the world you are.

And it happen in a high end Designer Store (Louis Vuitton) where guess what... Security is going to be definitely high causes potential losses are higher.

How stupid is the whole idea of this crime ?

So the kid & teammates get arrested. And cause Pres Trump is in country, he gets their pardon / extradition arranged when he met with the Chinese Pres (good on Trump)

But Dad & Kid, not thanking Trump... that’s just tacky. Both should be thankful. Chinese Prison System vs home in the USA. Ya man you both should be GRATEFUL.

Am I surprised tho... no this guy is a self centred media star of the modern age

The interview with Chris Cuomo says it all. He was beyond rude to Cuomo.
This clown does not deserve any more time or consideration again (and clearly there will be an again occasion)
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
23756 posts
2890 upvotes
Montreal
His kids are named Lonzo, Liangelo and Lamelo. What else you need to know?

Lapathetic.
May 10, 2017
340 posts
57 upvotes
mr_raider wrote: His kids are named Lonzo, Liangelo and Lamelo. What else you need to know?

Lapathetic.
Good point. This guy is narcissist, most likely sociopath and probably psychopath. All of his mimics, smirks and other emotional jerks simply manifest themselves throughout the interview. Pathetic clown indeed.