• May 24th, 2009 8:56 am
Tags:
None
Sep 20, 2005
403 posts
12 upvotes

Dahl Quickgrip Solderless Shut off valves

Hi guys,

Was browsing the CT flyer and I came across this item. It is a new shut-off valve which is solder-less and not a compression fit. Basically, you just slide it on the pipe and thats it.

I could not find a link from CT, however, here is the manufacturer website. Has anyone tried these and are they worth the money?

http://www.dahlvalve.com/products/quickgrip.aspx
3 replies
May 17, 2007
3633 posts
746 upvotes
Burnaby
We just put those on my bathroom pipes the other day. We gutted the whole bathroom, and when we got to the plumbing, were shocked to not see any shutoffs. The guy at the local building supply recommended those. You have to wrap the inside with Teflon tape first though (to help prevent leaking). They work pretty good. Took about 30 seconds to install. Not cheap though..... $40 for 2
Nov 24, 2004
944 posts
42 upvotes
There are lots of plumbing fittings like those out on the market. They work well. However they are definately priced at a premium compared to reguler solder/compression fittings.

I'd say they're great for someone who just needs to do one or two fittings. However if you're doing a lot of plumbing it gets extremely expensive to keep using them everywhere.

CM
× < >