Tags:
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4264 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 29th, 2014 9:18 pm
Edit: Ok guys a miracle just happened. I posted about the gift card status on their facebook page along with a direct message. 10 mins later I get a call from an unknown number on my cell (a rep from dailydeal) mentioning they took way too many orders and have refunded both my purchases. Checked my emails and got 2 confirmations.
No, they did NOT "take too many orders" and couldn't fulfill it. This was a straight up SCAM, they didn't fulfill ANYONE's orders, nor did they ever INTEND to. If this were true, they would actually reach out to EVERYONE who ordered and ACTIVELY provide immediate refunds. All of these scams always use the "took too many orders" excuse. There's no such thing, when Futureshop has something on sale, there's a limited number of items and after the last one is sold, it says SOLD OUT. DailyDealy can't sell an unlimited number of $100 gift cards where they lose $40 on each sale, they would have to put a limit on the quantity and after it would say SOLD OUT, there's no such as "we took too many orders."

Right now, the only people who are getting refunds are those who took the initiative to FILE A DISPUTE with Paypal, which they are going to lose anyways, so they refund immediately.

The ONLY reason you were contacted was that you posted on their Facebook and direct messaged them. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, that's all. For anyone who forgets to file a dispute with Paypal, their money is gone.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6395 posts
521 upvotes
TO
Agreed^ I direct messaged them along with posted questions on each of their posted items and they deleted some of that but contacted on my cell (unknown number) lol.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)
PSA: Virgin Atlantic clubhouse at LAX T-2 only open from 5a-10:30a for LoungeKey/PP club members.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4264 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote:
Nov 1st, 2014 6:28 pm
Agreed^ I direct messaged them along with posted questions on each of their posted items and they deleted some of that but contacted on my cell (unknown number) lol.
Nice, what a legitimate business. Delete your facebook posts asking legit questions, and then contact you by anonymous phone number to refund you (to shut you up basically). How has Account-Freezing Trigger-Happy Paypal not frozen DailyDealy's Paypal account yet??
Dec 28, 2008
113 posts
13 upvotes
Montreal
Got this from PayPal today.

The refund sent by 1910780 Ontario Corporation (sales@dailydealy.ca) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact 1910780 Ontario Corporation regarding this refund.
UNQUOTE

Opening a dispute with Paypal and hope to get my refund.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2459 posts
549 upvotes
Montreal
kenndoe wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2014 9:00 am

The refund sent by 1910780 Ontario Corporation (sales@dailydealy.ca) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

UNQUOTE

Same here, I got the same message but then when I checked in PAYPAL.

Nov 3, 2014 Reversal Completed Details $120.00 CAD
Nov 3, 2014 Credit to Credit Card Completed ... -$120.00 CAD

This is confusing anyone, if the refund didn't go through I got to call the my credit card... anyone having these emails but the actual refund was made through their credit card?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3201 posts
627 upvotes
tarushin wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2014 9:05 am
Same here, I got the same message but then when I checked in PAYPAL.

Nov 3, 2014 Reversal Completed Details $120.00 CAD
Nov 3, 2014 Credit to Credit Card Completed ... -$120.00 CAD

This is confusing anyone, if the refund didn't go through I got to call the my credit card... anyone having these emails but the actual refund was made through their credit card?
Paypal returns refunded money to the original funding source. Based on what you posted your card has been credited in full with the refund.

Something to consider for the future, in spite of Paypal's usurious exchange rate charges . . . . be aware that if you buy something in US dollars and let the credit card handle the conversion, you will lose money if a refund is required. When Paypal handles the conversion, they return the same Canadian dollars to the account that they charged.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2459 posts
549 upvotes
Montreal
fredsmith wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2014 9:24 am
Paypal returns refunded money to the original funding source. Based on what you posted your card has been credited in full with the refund.

Something to consider for the future, in spite of Paypal's usurious exchange rate charges . . . . be aware that if you buy something in US dollars and let the credit card handle the conversion, you will lose money if a refund is required. When Paypal handles the conversion, they return the same Canadian dollars to the account that they charged.
Thanks that's a relief, I don't need to go through credit card service and all the hassle to get my refund.
Jun 14, 2011
40 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
kenndoe wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2014 9:00 am

UNQUOTE

Good thing i complained early and got my refund from paypal. It appears that they changed there website and if you google them it seems like they were sold to some guy. and paypal is no longer a payment option on there site.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2459 posts
549 upvotes
Montreal
So disgusted this site is still running, with all those fake deals still up. Poor all those people falling for this and having a pain to get their refunds as we speak.
Dec 22, 2013
930 posts
216 upvotes
EDMONTON
Anyone have any luck getting your CC company to chargeback after the paypal refund doesn't clear the sellers bank account?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4264 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone read this hilarious garbage "press release" that they wrote themselves that they changed ownership?

http://www.marketwired.com/press-releas ... 964512.htm

They say it was purchased by some guy named Ralph Idema who "is an individual who needs little or no introduction." Yeah ok, who has heard of him?

There is a guy on Linked In named Ralph Idema who matches, http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/ralph-idema/5/700/592

I think either it's a fake Linked In profile, or they're just using the name of some guy who is in venture capital.

-------

Oh, and what's this?? Here is a Better Business Bureau page about YOUR CITY DEALS, that notorious scam that ran gift card scams last year just the same.

http://www.bbb.org/ottawa/business-revi ... a-on-45135

Guess who is listed under contact information?

You guessed it!!!!!!!!!

Principal: Mr. Ralph Idema (President & CEO)

HILARIOUS NO????

----------

Anyone else can do more investigating about this Ralph Idema guy (if he exists)?

And how about this DailyDealy contact information, I bet it's fake:

DailyDealy.ca
64 Spadina Avenue
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
+ 844.233.9746

(Toll-free) 844.233.9746

Business Inquiries - (416) 846-1901

Executive Offices

64 Spadina Avenue

Toronto, Ontario

Marketing Offices:

51 Bulwer Street

Toronto, Ontario
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2008
1118 posts
103 upvotes
tsimpson76 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2014 10:41 pm
Anyone have any luck getting your CC company to chargeback after the paypal refund doesn't clear the sellers bank account?
I did a chargeback through Capitol One 3 days ago. Still waiting for a resolution.
Dec 22, 2013
930 posts
216 upvotes
EDMONTON
Update: I sent them a nasty email (last couple I sent were professional) and I magically got a refund this morning.
Dec 22, 2013
930 posts
216 upvotes
EDMONTON
Got the following email this morning:

"Dear Valued Customer

We thank you for your patronage. The Vendor has delayed your order/shipment, please allow 1 to 2 weeks and we will send you a tracking number automatically on your shipping date. Alternatively we can cancel your oder and issue a full refund immediately.We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As a gift to you and for all of the hassle we have attached a %10 DailyDealy discount for your next purchase.

Discount Code: DD1805

Thank you for shopping with DailyDealy.ca"

This, after I already received a refund from them through a paypal dispute. I wonder if I should request a refund through email as well to see what they'd do...
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16373 posts
2397 upvotes
Toronto
Completely forgot about this! Good thing PayPal increased dispute period to 180 days! Just filed a dispute