Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
2011 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto

Damn mouse can't be caught

I've got a mouse in my home. It's been there for at least 3-4 weeks.

I bought about 12 glue traps (flat) from the dollar store. It's been over 3 weeks and I still haven't caught it. I saw it yesterday just run right over the trap. That really shocked me. Any advice. I've got small kids and don't want to use poison. BTW: Is it true if you do use poison, if the mouse does eat it, it will die in an open area, not behind something? I've heard a few people mention that ??
"The beatings will continue until morale improves". :twisted:

"There are those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And finally those who sit and wonder what the 'hell' happened!"
Share:
62 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1339 posts
11 upvotes
let him live. he outwitted you at your game.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
3295 posts
16 upvotes
lol what was the name of the movie that the dead dad came back as a mouse to haunt his sons?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2004
1914 posts
yes, it can die somewhere you might not have access to. and it would really stink.. literally..

use a good old solid mouse trap from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=24]canadian tire[/rfdlink]. it might be messy to clean up. but it will work better then the glue trap.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4417 posts
65 upvotes
London
CSR wrote:maybe try something more expensive than $1 glue traps?
Ditto. Cheap traps won't cut it.

And try to bait using peanut butter. Works 10
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12169 posts
277 upvotes
some cheap priced ones actually work pretty well from my expereince...

if you want to get rid of that sucker for sure, get a cat... thats what i did and i went from catching a mouse a week with sticky pads to never seeing them ever again 2 weeks after getting a cat. i've been officially mouse free for 2 years
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5811 posts
30 upvotes
felixdd wrote:Ditto. Cheap traps won't cut it.

And try to bait using peanut butter. Works 10
Dec 31, 2001
595 posts
10 upvotes
Back when we had mice in our house we tried to catch them in humane traps but that never worked. We finally bought the classic spring trap and wack we got them within a coupe of days. Ditto on the PB suggestion.
Have a nice day! :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
2011 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
I guess I'll buy the old style traps. I hate those personally to gross to clean up if they do get caught. With the glue types you can show the kids the mouse fighting for it's life. I love seeing that sight...WOHAAAA :twisted:
"The beatings will continue until morale improves". :twisted:

"There are those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And finally those who sit and wonder what the 'hell' happened!"
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
1227 posts
26 upvotes
Kingston
insanity wrote:With the glue types you can show the kids the mouse fighting for it's life. I love seeing that sight...WOHAAAA :twisted:
Awww... come on. The eyes bulging out of the sockets is just as good. :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2005
5625 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
phillbert wrote:let him live. he outwitted you at your game.
bahahahaah he's got a point.

try abetter glue trap. if you go for poison, get a name brand, they kill the mouse by drying it out, so it will not leave behind odour or anything like that.

:) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :)
:) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :)
:) it took me 45 minutes to make this signature :(
Oct 11, 2005
141 posts
57 upvotes
insanity wrote:I've got a mouse in my home. It's been there for at least 3-4 weeks.

I bought about 12 glue traps (flat) from the dollar store. It's been over 3 weeks and I still haven't caught it. I saw it yesterday just run right over the trap. That really shocked me. Any advice. I've got small kids and don't want to use poison. BTW: Is it true if you do use poison, if the mouse does eat it, it will die in an open area, not behind something? I've heard a few people mention that ??
Yes, the mouse/rat poison works well....it makes them really thirsty and once they run outside to find water and drink...they die...worked really well for me. :)
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4014 posts
31 upvotes
There was some research on the irradication of mice on a remote island - well the mouse escaped capture even though they tagged it with a transmitter. In fact, it swam to another island :) Pretty sure I read the link here.
× < >