None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1037 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto

danforth and warden...

we think we found the house we've been looking for and it's located in that area, but i'm unfamiliar with that area, any comments?

we would be moving from markham (near pacific mall). would you consider that as downgrading in terms of neighbourhood wise?

edit: to any experts in real estate, would you consider that location a good location for buying? if so, please explain your reasonings.

fyi, it's gonna be a townhouse that im purchasing.

thanks for your responses!
Share:
18 replies
Banned
Sep 2, 2006
5645 posts
2 upvotes
west wrote:
Sep 29th, 2007 10:43 pm
we think found the house we've been looking for and it's located in that area, but i'm unfamiliar with that area, any comments?

we would be moving from markham (near pacific mall). would you consider that as downgrading in terms of neighbourhood wise?

thanks for your responses!
Lol, i use to live there

What specifically do you want to know?
ItemFinder wrote:
Apr 13th, 2008 11:45 pm
Let me point out that the only people that like China are the mainlanders. Chinese from elsewhere refuse to be associated with China.
I always knew you were a genius.
Feb 24, 2007
662 posts
Markham
considering i live in markham, gf lives around that area, i would personally say it's a downgrade..but it depends on what you were looking for.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22721 posts
873 upvotes
Markham, ON
danforth road or avenue?

hehe just pulling your leg...it's about the same distance.

Overall, not a bad area...ive lived there in my teens. Definitely lower middle class.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1037 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
kuqdew wrote:
Sep 29th, 2007 11:02 pm
Lol, i use to live there

What specifically do you want to know?
just what kind of neighbourhood it is, e.g. middle class, etc.

And is it a good area i should be looking to buy, or rent?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3240 posts
31 upvotes
I'll be moving to the Warden corridor when my house is ready.
Many builders, Mattamy, Tridel, Regal Crest are all building there.
They are completely tearing down St.Claire to Danforth on Warden.
All the factories (Sealy, Centiennial College) in the area is being torn down.
Building Housing, Parks, a RCSS... to build up the area around Warden Station.
I bet you won't recognize the place in 5 years.
The RFD Doctrine -
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
UrbanPoet: Automatic 1-Star thread starter.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1037 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Blunt wrote:
Sep 30th, 2007 12:12 am
I'll be moving to the Warden corridor when my house is ready.
Many builders, Mattamy, Tridel, Regal Crest are all building there.
They are completely tearing down St.Claire to Danforth on Warden.
All the factories (Sealy, Centiennial College) in the area is being torn down.
Building Housing, Parks, a RCSS... to build up the area around Warden Station.
I bet you won't recognize the place in 5 years.
thanks for your advice. yeah while i was looking at the house today i noticed there were a lot of old buildings. if they are reconstructing the area that will definitely be a plus if i do purchase the house.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3240 posts
31 upvotes
west wrote:
Sep 30th, 2007 12:17 am
thanks for your advice. yeah while i was looking at the house today i noticed there were a lot of old buildings. if they are reconstructing the area that will definitely be a plus if i do purchase the house.
There gonna be probably 1000 new homes/condos in the area after it's all done and finished. Google Warden Corridor Toronto to get an idea of the whole planning. Besides the waterfront area in 10 years, this is the only other community planned in Toronto. There's just no more space in TO.

PM me if u want more specific details.
The RFD Doctrine -
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
UrbanPoet: Automatic 1-Star thread starter.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2516 posts
132 upvotes
I live near warden/st. clair.
i can tell you that the development that has occured at warden and eglinton over the last 10 years has been nuts.

futureshop/bestbuy/biggest walmart in canada, to name a few.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2629 posts
10 upvotes
416 to the 905
jadoocian wrote:
Sep 30th, 2007 1:33 am
i can tell you that the development that has occured at warden and eglinton over the last 10 years has been nuts.

hehe I like how you mention all the big box stores that he/she maybe able to shop at since they'll be in the immediate area. Ohhh RFD...
The Bell Plan: Unlimited: Incoming and Outgoing / Canada Wide Long Distance / Caller ID / Voicemail / 6GB Data
The Devices: Samsung Galaxy S4 / iPad Mini Retina 16GB / Apple MacBook Pro 13.3'
Banned
Nov 11, 2006
8770 posts
29 upvotes
Tdot
op: r u ayshun or greek? :cheesygri definitely a downgrade if u lived near PacMall! i 'work' near ur new home btw ;)
Aug 3, 2006
790 posts
Blunt wrote:
Sep 30th, 2007 12:26 am
There gonna be probably 1000 new homes/condos in the area after it's all done and finished. Google Warden Corridor Toronto to get an idea of the whole planning. Besides the waterfront area in 10 years, this is the only other community planned in Toronto. There's just no more space in TO.

PM me if u want more specific details.
You new projects? Because there is the downtown revitalization (Regent, Alexandria, Moss park, Riverdale).

The area is a lot like lower Riverdale and by the looks of East Chinatown it will be like the Warden area as a lot of the businesses are closing down (it's practically a ghost town compared to what it once was 5-10 years ago).

But while this will rejuvenate the area there are a lot of lower income people in and around this area (Firvalley) that could be displaced.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3152 posts
42 upvotes
jadoocian wrote:
Sep 30th, 2007 1:33 am

i always found it odd that there is nothing around warden station...i mean NOTHING.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1037 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
kleptodathief wrote:
Sep 30th, 2007 11:06 am
op: r u ayshun or greek? :cheesygri definitely a downgrade if u lived near PacMall! i 'work' near ur new home btw ;)
i am asian...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1037 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
updated.
× < >