Food & Drink

Danone Class Action Lawsuit Settlement ($30 or up to $100 w/ receipt)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2016 1:10 pm
Nov 15, 2004
360 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto

Danone Class Action Lawsuit Settlement ($30 or up to $100 w/ receipt)

Danone Activia® and DanActive® got sued for having misleading advertising. The suit is going to lead to a cash payout for settlement (without admitting any wrongdoing).

Here is what you can get:
1) $30 if you bought it between 4/1/2009 and 11/6/2012, but don't have proof of purchase
2) $30 to a max of $100 if you have proof of purchase

Details: http://www.collectiva.ca/en/dossiers/DanoneInc.php

Link to claim form: http://www.collectiva.ca/en/dossiers/do ... ynamic.pdf

Please Thank me if you find this information useful.
637 replies
Feb 21, 2003
640 posts
91 upvotes
Just some fine print showing who else is benefiting from this:
It is understood that the Fonds d’aide aux recours collectifs will be entitled to claim a percentage of 2% on each individual amount of Compensation paid to Class Members residing in the Province of Quebec only. This means that Class Members residing in the Province of Quebec will actually receive 98% of the amount between $15 to $ 50 that is applicable to them.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
1241 posts
267 upvotes
The NORTH
The only 'people' that benefited from this were the lawyers.

This is NOT a hot deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
1929 posts
173 upvotes
This class action suit is pending approval, so you might not get anything.

I find it a little strange because I could feasibly go and buy $50 worth of this Danone stuff right now and get 98% (minus any postage) back for it: it is any purchases from Apr 1, 2009 and Nov 6, 2012.
Aug 22, 2003
15531 posts
957 upvotes
Niagara Falls
repost. this is already in the food forum.
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8219 posts
2353 upvotes
Ottawa
blainehamilton wrote:
Sep 24th, 2012 3:53 pm
Still appreciated, I never look in the food forum and my wife eats activa all the time. An easy $50 back once the appeal gets thrown out...
+2. Thanks for double posting 2nd OP...I made $30 with the dupe. Boo to the mods for preventing us from getting what is owed to us by getting more eyes to see it.

EDIT: 134 users in the thread, 95% probably followed the link from OT because in Food and Drink history there has never been this many people in the whole section at once. Double boo for moving/merging it.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
3749 posts
217 upvotes
is the claim only one per household? I read the pdf and it does not mention anything about one per household
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1105 posts
82 upvotes
Markham
So it seems you only are entitled to $50 if you have proof of purchase and you have spent more than $50 on the Danone products.
Journey of a Foodie: The Search For Culinary Excellence.

Recently Reviewed: Ambiyan delivers on an Indian Experience
Recently Reviewed: Tiny Tom Donuts Markham Store
New Post: A ranking of poulet rotis in Paris Part Deux
May 10, 2006
3 posts
In the settlement document it states:

37. Class Members are each entitled to submit only one claim.
Mar 3, 2012
231 posts
39 upvotes
Winnipeg
Keeping all my receipts may actually pay-off, although don't really buy either product, but over 3 years probably can find $20/30.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1957 upvotes
My sister and her husband eat Activia everyday but I doubt she has receipts. I still have one in the fridge from her recent visit. My parents also started drinking DanActive this year. The problem is who keeps grocery receipts? It doesn't say one per address so it appears that can each claim.
Nov 7, 2007
445 posts
299 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
I just tried both of the links and they don't work for me.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8219 posts
2353 upvotes
Ottawa
All Persons residing in Canada who have purchased in Canada between April 1, 2009 and November 6, 2012 Activia® yogurt products or DanActive® probiotic drink products.

That's free yogurt (a $50 mail in rebate) for the next month and a half. Whoever said they know someone who eats it every day can just save receipts moving forward and get their $50 (+$50 for spouse)

EDIT: If they do eat it every day then they likely spend more than $50 in a month and a half so you can probably get extra receipts off them for free. ;)
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
× < >