PC & Video Games

Dark Souls AKA Demon's Souls 2...Umbassa!!

Mar 11, 2009
730 posts
33 upvotes
Super strokey wrote: Thats a good idea.

Another question just came to mind. I was playing the other night and it said "Disasters are goine with the defeat of Gravemaster Nico" or something like that. What does that mean?

Gravelord Servant Covenant. Some one used a "Eye of death" to "infect" 3 worlds with "disaster" (i.e turns your world into Pure BLACK equivalent in DeS ... ie. black phantom NPC everywhere). If you find the sign you will be warped into his world for PVP.

If any of the 3 (or all three at the same time) kill the Gravelord Servant you get the "Disaster averted" message.
PSN: gns168 | Gamertag: gns168
---
Currently playing: FFXIV, Tekken 7, Genshin Impact
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
g.n.s. wrote: Gravelord Servant Covenant. Some one used a "Eye of death" to "infect" 3 worlds with "disaster" (i.e turns your world into Pure BLACK equivalent in DeS ... ie. black phantom NPC everywhere). If you find the sign you will be warped into his world for PVP.

If any of the 3 (or all three at the same time) kill the Gravelord Servant you get the "Disaster averted" message.

Sounds awesome. IM joining when I can!
Mar 11, 2009
730 posts
33 upvotes
Super strokey wrote: Sounds awesome. IM joining when I can!

You join in the catacombs. It is Nito's covenant.

[spoiler]
To join you need to have

1. Nito alive
2. Eye of Death
- 9 per play through
- 3 behind the titanite demon
- 3 at the 2nd bfire (close to patches)
- walk up the ladder head away from patches to the path that leads to a coffin where the ember is
- continue on path and kill an archer , head all the way to the top and the eye of death should be there
- 3 you buy from patchs AFTER you kill Nito ... so this is for your next playthrough
3. Lie in a coffin to teleport to Nito and join.
- coffin is located in front of the titanite demon on the left side of coffins
- just walk slowly towards the demon on the left row of coffins and you should be promptly to"lie in coffin" Wait a few minutes to be teleported
- ensure you have eye of death in your inventory

You use the eye of death like any other pvp item. It will infect/create disasters in 3 other worlds. If they find your sign they will invade you. If all three find your sign they can invade you all at once.

P.S. I have never invaded (could nvr find the signs before someone else finds/kills the gravelord servant before me) nor used the eyes.
---
Oct 10, 2006
335 posts
75 upvotes
Just felt like saying hi to my fellow DS players, havent loggued in a while. I see your still going strong gns!
Mar 11, 2009
730 posts
33 upvotes
hey orc,

Its been awhile, still getting smoked in pvp. Up to 6 toons ...

New favourite is dex/fai with balder sword
---
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
Started playing this on PC again with the DSfix, its like a whole new game. I totally suggest getting it guys. ANyone know how to get to the new DLC on it? Ive been playing through it normal style and just rang the first bell so i could be/probably am way to early for it. Loving it!
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15657 posts
588 upvotes
Super strokey wrote: Started playing this on PC again with the DSfix, its like a whole new game. I totally suggest getting it guys. ANyone know how to get to the new DLC on it? Ive been playing through it normal style and just rang the first bell so i could be/probably am way to early for it. Loving it!
When you get to the Duke's Archives in the latter portion of the game, you'll see a blue cyclops or something near an elevator after the two boar enemies. Kill it, it drops an item. Bring the item to Darkroot Basin behind the area where you fight the hydra and it should open up the DLC area.

The DLC portion is advised for SL70+.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
Man this makes me want to get back to Demon Souls. I have it free on PS+, but when I upgraded HDD, for some reason I forgot to back up the save for this game. Don't know if I have the strength of will to start it again :|
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
Oh man, picked this up for $7.5 on steam or was it gamersgate. This game is SOOO BADLY optimized for pc it's not funny! Gonna try to google up some tweaks to see if that helps. Right now it's unplayable... for under $8 I'm don't really care too much thank goodness :)
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
sleepyguy wrote: Oh man, picked this up for $7.5 on steam or was it gamersgate. This game is SOOO BADLY optimized for pc it's not funny! Gonna try to google up some tweaks to see if that helps. Right now it's unplayable... for under $8 I'm don't really care too much thank goodness :)
Get DSfix, it will totally change the way you view the game. Allows 60fps, better resolution, super sampling, etc. Its one of the best mods in a long time.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
Maximize wrote: Man this makes me want to get back to Demon Souls. I have it free on PS+, but when I upgraded HDD, for some reason I forgot to back up the save for this game. Don't know if I have the strength of will to start it again :|
Of course you do! Its amazing! Why not just pair up with someone and do the old soul duping trick to level up really fast?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
[quote="Super strokey" post_id="17178242" time="1374852861" user_id="7178"]Of course you do! Its amazing! Why not just pair up with someone and do the old soul duping trick to level up really fast?[/QUOTE]

What's this about? You mean when a "blue" soul player invades your game and helps you?

I was always so confused about that, but I would always HOPE it would happen. It happened a few times, and I played for over an hour and half straight just because I had someone helping me and I didn't want to lose the opportunity.

It always seems so rare to get a person to help you, I'm not sure how it works exactly. It really only happened twice for me that I can remember, it was great, made it so much more enjoyable.

Then occasionly a red sould player invades...and I would promptly turn off the console.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Bah who needs duping, these games are best played at low levels with high stakes!
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
Maximize wrote: Its pretty simple. If I have a stack of "souls" i can give them to you and then I do a hard shutdown as then it wont save that Ive lost the souls. You on the other hand still have the souls and can use them. You can use this trick to get 99 or any soul if you want and level up super fast.
you be crazy! I can see the appeal 100% though. Im doing that, sort of, on my current dark souls run.