Darksiders 3 Official Reveal Trailer - TBA 2018

OMG OMG Darksiders 1 + 2 are some of my favorite games. #sohyped

8 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4851 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
I'm currently playing through Warmastered edition on PC (excellent game) and have DSII:DE waiting for me on PS4 so both games will be somewhat fresh in my mind by the time this releases. I guess Warmastered being given away free on PC and the recent THQ Nordic PS4 bundle were hints that this announcement was on the way.
[OP]
May 9, 2007
672 posts
173 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 3:57 pm
I'm currently playing through Warmastered edition on PC (excellent game) and have DSII:DE waiting for me on PS4 so both games will be somewhat fresh in my mind by the time this releases. I guess Warmastered being given away free on PC and the recent THQ Nordic PS4 bundle were hints that this announcement was on the way.
Good points but I can't say I saw this coming. I thought this series was dead in the water with THQ getting closed down and liquidating most of it's assets. I suppose many of the guys that worked on these games went on to form THQ Nordic which is great news!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4851 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 5:13 pm
Good points but I can't say I saw this coming. I thought this series was dead in the water with THQ getting closed down and liquidating most of it's assets. I suppose many of the guys that worked on these games went on to form THQ Nordic which is great news!
I definitely didn't see it coming either but releasing Warmastered a year after DSII:DE did seem strangely out of the blue. In retrospect it was most definitely done to put this franchise back in peoples minds and increase interest in this announcement. It definitely worked too because I personally wouldn't be playing DS1 or have much interest in this announcement otherwise.
[OP]
May 9, 2007
672 posts
173 upvotes
I had seen the gameplay reveal when it was announced but decided against posting it because to be quite frank the combat looks kind of janky. Apparently the lead combat designer for DS2 is no longer there. I suppose that's the risk of releasing such early game footage. On one hand you create interest in the game but on the other hand you run the risk of making a bad first impression.

For comparison this was DS2's combat:

You could have sworn it was made by a Platinum or Capcom.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4851 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
That gameplay footage is supposedly pre-alpha so it has a long way to go, years possibly, so ya it is kind of weird to show it in such an early stage. I thought it looked kind of unremarkable as well.

On a side note I did finish Darksiders Warmastered and that game was really really good from start to finish. I finally get the praise for this series after all these years. I'll probably wait a while before I play DS2:DE so I don't get burnt out, maybe save it until DS3 has a release date.
[OP]
May 9, 2007
672 posts
173 upvotes
Cool, really glad you enjoyed Darksiders. It didn't grab me at first so it took me a second attempt before it really hooked me if I remember correctly. Play DS2:DE whenever you like but just know you play as a completely different character and the combat is different enough that the game should feel fresh and you shouldn't feel any burnout whenever you eventually decide to play it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5692 posts
652 upvotes
Grimsby
I really loved the first Darksiders but never really clicked with the second one. I have to go revisit it soon. I think I was a bit surprised at the quasi-open world setting and the crafting stuff was confusing but I was probably overthinking it.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel