None
[OP]
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1599 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Jul 15th, 2012 2:51 am
To be honest, The game Is more about killing others then zombies. At least that's how I would want to play It; Kill everyone I see!
There are players that completely trick you that they're "friendly" but once you turn your back you're dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYfB_Nh7bgQ

GO TO 1:10
EDIT : It sucks how nice that person was and he got blasted regardless but that was pretty damn funny.

He was like "Hey person you can come over here" so they could be allies.
After he got shot he was like "or not", Lol.
i actually tried to do that first day. but it didn't work out so well..
most survivors later on travel in packs. i opened fire on a guy and the next thing i know i was being attack from all directions while zombies closed in on me.
believe it or not i found that if i avoid other players i live longer.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43352 posts
3061 upvotes
Toronto
infamouskid wrote:
Jul 15th, 2012 3:30 am
i actually tried to do that first day. but it didn't work out so well..
most survivors later on travel in packs. i opened fire on a guy and the next thing i know i was being attack from all directions while zombies closed in on me.
believe it or not i found that if i avoid other players i live longer.
Yeah.. Even though the game Is about surviving I would just go around and find people!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43352 posts
3061 upvotes
Toronto
infamouskid wrote:
Jul 17th, 2012 3:27 am
watch the video interview.
so its official. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... ame-or-not
its going stand alone. but the dude wont reveal who is the financial partner is.
w
I'd buy It when It releases, Better graphics/servers/etc..
Aug 11, 2006
363 posts
6 upvotes
So i just picked this up 2 nights ago from a recommendation of a friend...

It's not gonna be like COD, BF3, or counterstrike. It's a very good simulation of a zombie apocalypse....
Although the UI is very weird it's something you have to get used to. as well as the game play.
I'm a css player so it's still taking a lot to get used to it.

And like you guys said before, it's more about surviving. Doing what you can. If you find people and you think they aren't friendly then it's your choice to do what you gotta do.
I'm in a group with 3 other guys and some guy needed help so we helped him. But then later on we shot him in the leg to stop a bunch of zombies eat him so we could get away.

LOL SURVIVAL!!

But ya hopefully it'll be on sale so that more of the rfd community will get it. also The only way that I've gotten guns is from my group. And looting random dead bodies.

edit - also... it's not so much the gameplay that you get addicted to. it's more of the premise of the game. what would you do to survive. would u band together or be on your own?
i often found myself asking "what would i do if i were him" when i watch the walking dead, and now i actually get to see what i would do. lol
cpu - i7 2600k 4.7@1.37v, mobo - p8z68v pro, gpu - powercolor 6850, ram - g.skill ripjaws x 8gb 1600, cooling - noctua nh-d14, case - corsair 600t white, hdd - 1TB WD black, psu - corsair TX650M
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7411 posts
860 upvotes
Mississauga
Seems kinda crappy. Whenever I manage to get on a server it is either pitch black and I can't see squat, or I join one and it is light out, and I start dead staring at the sky and it has an hourglass forever. Seems very buggy and poorly done. Am I missing something?

EDIT - seems getting stuck dead/hourglass is common. I wish I didn't waste my money on this garbage. I have spent over an hour trying to get it playable in a game.
Come chat live, #redflagdeals on EFNet!
My Heatware | RFD Feedback |
Check out my Deals on RFD! | Email me.
[OP]
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1599 upvotes
Avenger wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2012 4:36 pm
Seems kinda crappy. Whenever I manage to get on a server it is either pitch black and I can't see squat, or I join one and it is light out, and I start dead staring at the sky and it has an hourglass forever. Seems very buggy and poorly done. Am I missing something?

EDIT - seems getting stuck dead/hourglass is common. I wish I didn't waste my money on this garbage. I have spent over an hour trying to get it playable in a game.
that's cuz the servers run in real time based on your time zone or on the server location time zone. so if you play the game at night on a server in your geo location.. in game it will be night and dark.
in a post apocalypse would you expect electricity and street lights running? i think not. enter dayz friend.
and yes this is a mod.. an ongoing in construction project. one that is growing super fast. it's actually still in alpha test.
there will be bugs. but for and alpha is plays exceptionally well. also if your falling down staring at the sky with an hour glass.
you are either hurt... thirsty.. lost too much blood.. dying of starvation. unless i missed some technical thing...
or you rejoined a server and are continuing from your last log out location.
dayz is setup so no matter what server you log into. you will spawn on your exact same location you logged out of from the last server you were on.. with all your gear and existing character health and status.
to start over hit esc then hit respawn then ok.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5298 posts
910 upvotes
???
Hey guys got this game a couple days ago. I'm looking for a group to play with. Scared I might get owned meeting people in game. Will add those that posted profiles.
[OP]
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1599 upvotes
nice. see ya online. yeah be very cautious of others you meet online. you can never trust a bandit too btw.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
4867 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Avenger wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2012 4:36 pm

You have to give it some time, I felt the same way when I started playing. I still think the ARMA engine is horrible and the mod is very glitchy, but it can become fun once you get into the game. I also hate how you can't spawn on your friends, it took me 30 minutes to meet my friend last time and the other time I ended up breaking my leg in the process (all the way up in Tulga with no morphine to fix). I literally crawled for 2-3 hours in the forest, no idea where I was going (I should have checked out the constellation to find north but didn't think of that).

I am in Cherno right now if anyone else is in that area. I probably won't be on until this Saturday (morningish) with hopefully my friend online too. If you want to jump on, just message me in Steam with your Skype ID. Hoping to get some good loot in Cherno/Electro on an empty server before jumping on a loaded server to kill some newbies :) . I have an Enfield, Makrov and a Ghillie suit; hoping to find an assault rifle and some morphine/bloodbags.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7411 posts
860 upvotes
Mississauga
I've put in a ticket and even left the game running. I cannot respawn, and the developers said they won't reset the account. I'm basically stuck unconscious with an hourglass that doesn't deplete. Never even got to play. Garbage!!!
Come chat live, #redflagdeals on EFNet!
My Heatware | RFD Feedback |
Check out my Deals on RFD! | Email me.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
4867 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Avenger wrote:
Jul 30th, 2012 6:50 am
I've put in a ticket and even left the game running. I cannot respawn, and the developers said they won't reset the account. I'm basically stuck unconscious with an hourglass that doesn't deplete. Never even got to play. Garbage!!!
You used to be able to force respawn but I couldn't do that the last time I played. Definately sucks, sorry to hear about that. It is an Alpha mod that we didn't pay for though so I guess we can't expect much. If ARMA was smart, they would have already acquired DayZ as clearly more people are buying their game for this mod than to play ARMA.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43352 posts
3061 upvotes
Toronto
Avenger wrote:
Jul 30th, 2012 6:50 am
Wtf, That's so BS..
× < >