• Jan 13th, 2016 1:57 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 21, 2005
728 posts
62 upvotes

daysoft.ca: 8.99 for 32 contact lenses

received my order last week after seeing an ad in the metro. $8.99 per box of 32 lenses. One size fits all (and works well, as I have funny measurements). Regular, daily disposable contacts (ie no torics etc). Ships from UK, did Fedex shipping so it came to $38.90 for 64 contacts.
An agressive nature does not make a weaker man a gladiator....

Phone numbers for sale:
613.wxw.xxxy and wxw.xxxz pm me for info
243 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
10367 posts
12611 upvotes
Montreal
link? other shipping options ?
Anyone have had any Daysoft brand contacts before ?
Sure they have a lovely drop menu for all the known commercial brands but the right side opens up and says ;

THE daysoft ONE-DAY CONTACT LENSES WE WILL SUPPLY ARE:
daysoft 58
[OP]
Feb 21, 2005
728 posts
62 upvotes
stephroll wrote:
Jun 20th, 2011 1:25 pm
link? other shipping options ?
Anyone have had any Daysoft brand contacts before ?
Sure they have a lovely drop menu for all the known commercial brands but the right side opens up and says ;

THE daysoft ONE-DAY CONTACT LENSES WE WILL SUPPLY ARE:
daysoft 58

link is in the topic - daysoft.ca
8.99 ea (min. order 2 boxes) delivered via post, extra charge for 3 business day courier
they have 2 styles as far as I can tell, depending on your current brand you will get the 58 or the 72. just a size thing I think.
I have been using them now for about a week, and see no difference between these in comfort, fit, or durability compared to my cibadailies.
An agressive nature does not make a weaker man a gladiator....

Phone numbers for sale:
613.wxw.xxxy and wxw.xxxz pm me for info
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1152 posts
116 upvotes
Yea after doing a little research, these guys originally developed the first daily disposable contact lenses and sold them to Bausch & Lomb and after the 5 year agreement they had, they decided to remanufacture them and sell for a cheaper cost so everyone could afford disposable contact lenses..

and yea as soblecram mentioned.. there are only two varities 58 and 72 referring to the water content in each lens.. 58% and 72% respectively..
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1584 posts
99 upvotes
Montr
Me and a few others in my office have been buying contacts from daysoft for more than a couple of years. they are very comfortable lenses and the company has good customer service.
Aug 29, 2006
818 posts
54 upvotes
:?: I wear Acuvue2 2 week disposables now. If I start to use these daysoft lenses, they are 1 day disposables? Also these are safe right? Just making sure.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1584 posts
99 upvotes
Montr
bonita! wrote:
Jun 20th, 2011 3:39 pm
:?: I wear Acuvue2 2 week disposables now. If I start to use these daysoft lenses, they are 1 day disposables? Also these are safe right? Just making sure.

They are 1 day disposable. I trust them and believe it to be safe.
Jan 9, 2009
375 posts
45 upvotes
Markham
I may be mistaken, but the last time I checked I don't believe these are US FDA approved. While not having the US FDA approval doesn't mean that it's a horrible product, the specs on the ECP site are comparable to major brands. Daysoft only offers one size and no there is no such thing as a one size fits all. It does however have a sizing that targets to fit the majority of the population. In all honesty, you should check with your Optician or Optometrist to make sure these will fit properly before you jump the gun.

"Lenses which are too small fail to give complete corneal coverage and result in discomfort and peripheral corneal staining. However, lenses which are too large exert more pressure at the periphery - due to greater bending forces - which can lead to discomfort and indentation of the bulbar conjunctiva." *Please see http://www.opticianonline.net/assets/ge ... temID=2956

According to the study, it also states that these lenses exhibit the most shrinkage out of the compared contacts in the study. Testimonials from other people based on feeling is not an accurate representation of whether or not it actually is a properly fitted lens.

However, at the end of the day, they are your eyes and not mine. :)
Mar 18, 2005
213 posts
28 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Thanks OP. Ordered, and gonna try these out.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3078 posts
224 upvotes
http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-chart ... ceed-43731

Many people would then have sat back and put their feet up – but not Hamilton. Realising he could sell disposables more cheaply via the internet, he threw his hat back in the ring in 2001. "You can't take another penny off a lens. But you can take pounds off by distributing it differently." Starting up again in Lanarkshire, his new firm, Daysoft, made a £300,000 profit on sales of £4m last year, selling a month's supply of lenses for £6.99.

"The next best you'll get is £18," he says. The company is set for sales of £6m this year. "So as you can probably gather, I'm a pretty satisfied individual."
Aug 14, 2007
25 posts
1 upvote
GTA
I've been wearing daysoft since around 2002 (the higher water content) and I've always been delighted with them; I imported around 500 lenses when I moved to Canada from the UK.. Tip: they're called daily disposable because they're thinner than weekly/monthly - if you're a bit careful there is NO reason that you can't clean them properly and wear a pair for more than a single day. Solution is cheap, just clean them carefully the same as you would weekly or monthly soft contacts. I've been doing this for almost a decade with no problems at all.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1246 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
seems like a great deal. just ordered 6 month supply of the 58's.

thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3078 posts
224 upvotes
I ordered 1 month supply to try first....should get it next week hopefully...
Dec 23, 2007
160 posts
3 upvotes
Apnea wrote:
Jun 20th, 2011 7:55 pm
Tip: they're called daily disposable because they're thinner than weekly/monthly - if you're a bit careful there is NO reason that you can't clean them properly and wear a pair for more than a single day. Solution is cheap, just clean them carefully the same as you would weekly or monthly soft contacts. I've been doing this for almost a decade with no problems at all.

Yup, even my eye doctor said that if i'm careful and I clean them properly, I can reuse them for a week or more. I have sensitive eyes, so there's no way that i'd wear them for a week, but there are times that I reuse them for a 2-3 days. A month supply of Daylens contacts last me about 3-4 months.

I find that the solution that Daylens uses burns my eyes. I usually have to use eye drops afterwards.
× < >