Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

DC: Minix Neo X8 $126.89 + FS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2014 9:45 pm
Tags:
None
May 15, 2007
713 posts
652 upvotes

DC: Minix Neo X8 $126.89 + FS

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
October 8, 2014
DC is having Direct Deal of the Day now. I believe this makes good things even better.

For this unit itself, I can remember a couple of days ago it was on sale by NCIX @$140 and sold out in almost 1 hour. Now it is on sale at $126.89. Only 50 units left.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
No airmouse included it seems...
"Frank Burns eats worms"
May 3, 2007
897 posts
484 upvotes
Also, this is the X8.
I believe the NCIX deal was for the X8-H.
Direct Canada does have the X8-H for $149.89, and the product pictures do show an airmouse, although I saw no mention of it in the description.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Anyone with proper surround sound setup should pay a bit more to get the X8-H.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4948 posts
563 upvotes
Winnipeg
Can you get Cantonese programming from this box?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
2045 posts
638 upvotes
BC
smoter wrote: Also, this is the X8.
Direct Canada does have the X8-H for $149.89, and the product pictures do show an airmouse, although I saw no mention of it in the description.
It has the ordinary IR mouse. Went there yesterday. With the air mouse its a complete different beast. The supplied mouse is a pain.
“The difference between humans and animals? Animals would never allow the dumbest ones to lead the pack.”
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
insync44 wrote: It has the ordinary IR mouse. Went there yesterday. With the air mouse its a complete different beast. The supplied mouse is a pain.
You're referring to the X8-H and can confirm there is no included Airmouse?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
The IR is useless as the receiver is very weak. You have to be close and point directly at it. I use the airmouse all the time as it's connected through wireless signal. The motion detection is not good however. Just used it like a regular remote. I would prefer to use my Harmony Touch but since the IR receiver is weak, I have no choice.
Dec 19, 2012
15 posts
1 upvote
MARKHAM
Can anyone confirm if the x8-h comes with the air mouse? I do see it on the product images.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2981 posts
1066 upvotes
cerosiete wrote: Can anyone confirm if the x8-h comes with the air mouse? I do see it on the product images.
it was a promo with NCIX
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
2045 posts
638 upvotes
BC
cerosiete wrote: Can anyone confirm if the x8-h comes with the air mouse? I do see it on the product images.
They told me it comes with the regular IR mouse, but to be honest I don't know whether they knew what I was talking about. But in all the other Stores the Air Mouse is always mentioned as a added incentive for purchasing. I don't feel like buying from Direct, finding out it has no air mouse and then returning. They are another PIA return policy, after all they are owned by NCIX.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/MINI ... 09270.html
“The difference between humans and animals? Animals would never allow the dumbest ones to lead the pack.”
Nov 5, 2013
152 posts
106 upvotes
golden wrote: Anyone with proper surround sound setup should pay a bit more to get the X8-H.
I think you might be mistaken.

While I am no expert and make mistakes too, I believe I remember reading the difference between X8 and X8-H is that the X8-H has hardware DTS decoding whereas the X8 does not.

A "proper" (I use that term loosely) surround system will have its own DTS decoder that you would want to use.

Hardware DTS decoders in these set-top-boxes are used by people who want their video files with DTS audio to playback audio on their TV set (that only have 2 channel audio, and no DTS decoder).
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
2221 posts
1570 upvotes
welldone123 wrote: I think you might be mistaken.

While I am no expert and make mistakes too, I believe I remember reading the difference between X8 and X8-H is that the X8-H has hardware DTS decoding whereas the X8 does not.

A "proper" (I use that term loosely) surround system will have its own DTS decoder that you would want to use.

Hardware DTS decoders in these set-top-boxes are used by people who want their video files with DTS audio to playback audio on their TV set (that only have 2 channel audio, and no DTS decoder).
Correct a good sound system will be able to decode its own audio.
Nov 16, 2008
321 posts
175 upvotes
smoter wrote: Also, this is the X8.
Thanks, just ordered the X8-H! My first Android box and hopefully a viable replacement to my awesome but aging Boxee Box.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1085 posts
409 upvotes
My x8 plays the highest bitrate bd mkv Ive got off my nas no hickups... (a 15gb mkv of astro boy :) ) The stock home screen is butt ugly but there is a app on play store that easily auto boots right into minix xbmc.

For a xbmc box its been great for me. I find using a harmony to control xbmc is acceptable.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
The differences between the X8 and X8-H are only the CPU (S802 VS S802-H) and Storage (8GB VS 16GB). Nothing else.