Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1446 posts
432 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 12:52 pm
The Eglinton Town Centre IMAX is brand new and opened at the beginning of the month when "Thor:Ragnarok" was released. I'm seeing "Justice League" on Thursday's opening night there, but I expect it to be a "LIE-MAX" theatre and not a true IMAX cinema in the traditional sense.

BTW, I'm very pissed Cineplex only sends me the "targeted emails" to crappy movies. They don't ever send me big blockbuster movie emails and offer be bonus SCENE points like what you got because they've been tracking me and other customers and know that we are coming anyway. Not fair, I want my friggin 500 bonus SCENE points too for watching "Justice League".
Is this a full sized imax or the fake smaller screen one
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2404 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 12:52 pm
The Eglinton Town Centre IMAX is brand new and opened at the beginning of the month when "Thor:Ragnarok" was released. I'm seeing "Justice League" on Thursday's opening night there, but I expect it to be a "LIE-MAX" theatre and not a true IMAX cinema in the traditional sense.

BTW, I'm very pissed Cineplex only sends me the "targeted emails" to crappy movies. They don't ever send me big blockbuster movie emails and offer be bonus SCENE points like what you got because they've been tracking me and other customers and know that we are coming anyway. Not fair, I want my friggin 500 bonus SCENE points too for watching "Justice League".
Use two scene cards, and bounce off of each for different movies.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1186 posts
273 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 1:05 pm
Is this a full sized imax or the fake smaller screen one
I will confirm on Thursday night when I try out the new IMAX theatre, but I'm willing to bet money it is a fake "LIE-MAX" theatre.

In the GTA, there are only 3 "real" IMAX movie theatres that show first-run newly released movies.

1. Scotiabank Theatre
2. Vaughan
3. Mississauga

With the re-opening of Cinesphere's original IMAX theatre this month, you can definitely include it as a "real" one as well. LOL However, they will most likely only show popular feature films months after they were first released. "Dunkirk" and "Beauty and the Beast" is what is playing right now and those were released a long time ago.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10552 posts
575 upvotes
Scarborough
The movie is good. Wonder woman was a much better film but there is enough in this film for DC fans and the general audience . Lighter colors, lighter tone and lots more humor
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:13 am
Lighter colors, lighter tone and lots more humor
So in other words, BvS fans will HATE this movie!
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4166 posts
1167 upvotes
Kingston, ON
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:21 pm
Thankfully that's only, what, 100 people?
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10552 posts
575 upvotes
Scarborough
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:21 pm
There is enough fan service for those people that they will forget MoS and BvS.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1186 posts
273 upvotes
Saw it last night as well and I'll be the first to admit that I liked it way more than "Wonder Woman". Honestly, I think it is the best movie from the DC Universe so far. In fact, I walked out of the theatre with a big smile on my face and even "The Avengers" which came out in 2012 didn't do that for me.

BTW, even though it a DC film you have to stay until the very end of the movie because there are actually 2 post-credit scenes biting Marvel.

Can't wait to see it in IMAX on Thursday!

Ahem, my name is not squad. LOL

Also, glad to see in the credits that both Christopher Nolan and his wife Emma Thomas are involved and still the executive producers to the film. Joss Whedon was only given co-writing screenplay credit. I'll have to double check when I see it again.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16309 posts
1074 upvotes
Woodbridge
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:16 pm
Saw it last night as well and I'll be the first to admit that I liked it way more than "Wonder Woman". Honestly, I think it is the best movie from the DC Universe so far. In fact, I walked out of the theatre with a big smile on my face and even "The Avengers" which came out in 2012 didn't do that for me.

BTW, even though it a DC film you have to stay until the very end of the movie because there are actually 2 post-credit scenes biting Marvel.

Also, glad to see in the credits that both Christopher Nolan and his wife Emma Thomas are involved and still the executive producers to the film. Joss Whedon was only given co-writing screenplay credit. I'll have to double check when I see it again.
Explains the big smile on your face.

I'm working nights so this will have to wait until next week. :(
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10552 posts
575 upvotes
Scarborough
Mr_Fanta needs to be squadz. In search of Squadz, I will say that Marvel has more post credit scenes lol than JL.

To be serious, I still think Wonder Woman is a better coherent film than JL. JL has a lot of fan service and I know you are a huge WB fan though. Trying to get into every screening lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1446 posts
432 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:16 pm

Did you like the previous batman vs superman movie?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:07 pm
Mr_Fanta needs to be squadz. In search of Squadz, I will say that Marvel has more post credit scenes lol than JL.
LOL ya we need him back so he can blurt out his nonsense so we can all have a good laugh at him. I miss that! Too bad he couldn't take it, and went and got himself banned.

But man I couldn't help myself and read the description of one of the post credit scenes, and I really liked what I read. I hate how Marvel is stuffing an useless scene at the very end of the credits.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jul 9, 2017
28 posts
11 upvotes
Cannot wait to go this weekend. Ever since I saw the animated justice league cartoon on tv as a kid I have wanted to see them in live-action. Such an awesome year for comicbook/superhero fans
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1186 posts
273 upvotes
The embargo is being lifted tonight, but Rotten Tomatoes is delaying it until Thursday.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/rotte ... 202614739/

Either way the studio is still gonna get my money at least 2 more times. I have to try out the new IMAX at Eglinton Town Centre on Thursday night and for my 3rd. screening it'll be Scotiabank's laser IMAX theatre on Sunday. Was pleased that Monday night's free screening at Cineplex Yonge/Dundas was at least in a premium UltraAVX auditorium with Dolby Atmos surround sound.
Sep 12, 2012
683 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
Early impressions seem mixed. Some love other hate it lol

All the hero seem to get praises (especially flash), but the villain and story falter.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

some1not