• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 2:36 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10442 posts
541 upvotes
Good trailer but I wonder if Squadz is going to be hyped lol.

They threw in a lot of one-liners in there (sort of like Marvel movies). Snyder does cinematography well in his movies and this looks the same so the shots they showed are amazing.
Sep 12, 2012
667 posts
477 upvotes
Man this trailer just makes me more hyped for the Aquaman movie. That scene with Mera <3
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
510 upvotes
It seems like they've opted for quantity over quality in terms of CGI on this one. This also seems like it'll be an extremely long movie.

Overall the trailer isn't bad, but I don't see anything that should change anyone's mind about Snyder's movies.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10442 posts
541 upvotes
^Should still be fun.

I don't mind the CGI, its necessary to pull off what they need and the movie comes out in November so CGI isn't an issue. There were two things that bothered me about the trailer which were 1) the music just didn't work for me and 2) Wonder Woman trailer I think was superior.

They need WW to be extremely successful but they need this one be big. People hate the comparison but the Avengers made 1.5 billion worldwide and over 600 million domestic at the box office off of 1 great movie (Iron Man) and what many consider mediocre/ok movies (Thor, Hulk, Cap 1, IM2). I would suggest that a movie with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, (Cyborg and Aquaman being the lesser known members) should easily topple those numbers. If you asked me in 2007 (before all these shared universe movies), I think it would.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1106 posts
157 upvotes
It looked very pretty and I liked the banter between the members. But it's got the classic Synder feel with the overly dark visuals that I just don't like for Justice League. Ash well, hoping it's a good movie.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8358 posts
1714 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2017 12:26 am
There were two things that bothered me about the trailer which were 1) the music just didn't work for me...
night blade wrote:
Mar 26th, 2017 8:38 am
I agree about the music being off the mark, could of picked a better song, ...
'Come Together' at least plays into the unity marketing
Hard rock isn't for everyone.
I think Snyder likes loud guitars but I guess he's not familiar with 'United' by Judas Priest with lyrics ready made for any contemporary battle movie.
Also I bet it's a lot cheaper to use than an Aerosmith Beatles cover

None of the quipping worked for me and I'm not getting used to the armoured look of the Flash but I suppose they want to distinguish themselves from the TV version.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
510 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
Mar 26th, 2017 10:52 am
'Come Together' at least plays into the unity marketing
Hard rock isn't for everyone.
I think Snyder likes loud guitars but I guess he's not familiar with 'United' by Judas Priest with lyrics ready made for any contemporary battle movie.
Also I bet it's a lot cheaper to use than an Aerosmith Beatles cover

None of the quipping worked for me and I'm not getting used to the armoured look of the Flash but I suppose they want to distinguish themselves from the TV version.
The problem with Come Together is that they haven't really established the new (to the DCEU characters as separate entities. It feels like they're introducing them rather than unifying them. It might make sense as a song in the credits or some late movie scene, but I don't feel it fits the trailer.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
2938 posts
463 upvotes
GTA
Doesn't look good tbh. Only character I'm interested at this point is aquaman. DC has had a bad track record so I'm really not expecting much from this.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7849 posts
743 upvotes
It looks entertaining, but not sure how they'll tie in the story together. There's a lot of stuff to go through so hopefully they'll take good attention to walk the public through properly.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6271 posts
276 upvotes
GT'eh
Storys look choppy af. Looks avg at best, not sure it'll be enough able to dethrone Avengers.
Curious if it will feature extended justice league members or just the core 5? and will Superman be reborn and make an appearance near the end.
Can they really have JL without Soops?
Last edited by Neovingian on Mar 27th, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1452 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Neovingian wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 12:07 pm
Story look choppy af. Looks avg at best, not sure it'll be enough able to dethrone Avengers.
Curious if it will feature extended justice league members or just the core 5? and will Superman be reborn and make an appearance near the end.
Can they really have JL without Soops?
LoL, how does the story look choppy?

This is what happens when you get a trailer that is made not to reveal the entire plotline unlike most of Marvel's overzealous marketing team. Also, due to the extreme length of BvS, one of the critiques was the plot was not smooth, well if you watch the extended edition, it fills a lot of gaps.

Your latter questions show the point of this trailer, to get people talking and wanting to see this movie.

I think the trailer is done well, it shows a team coming together to fight something, but the enemy is not mentioned or shown whatsoever. And there is the question of Superman, where is is and will he be back?

DC took too long and I think focusing on origin stories isn't need when most of the general public knows about Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash. And Cyborg and Aquaman can be treated as Hawkeye/Scarlett Witch for now, even though we know Aquaman is getting a movie.
Additionally, Wonder Woman movie comes out before this movie. Trailer shows Barry and his dad, so I assume they will explain his origins and Aquaman and Mera are shown too. Cyborg's origins are tied to the Motherbox, which seems to be at the home of Cyborg's dad in the trailer. The recent JLA comic reboot had Cyborg's origin at the centre of the team's creation.
They seem to be following the 2011 JL Roster which is everyone in this movie except for Green Lantern. However, Hal could show up at the end or be in space fighting actual Darkseid with the Corps.

I think Steppenwolf and the Parademons show up to convert Earth for an arriving Darkseid.

Possible Plot:
They either resurrect Superman or Superman goes rogue when he returns. At this point, I think they might send Flash to the past (since Flash in the one that spoke to Bruce last time) to create a Flashpoint timeline and this is the reason to why the standalone films are coming at this point. DC has been shown to be going darker with the last two movies, so possible for Superman to go dark/rogue.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1106 posts
157 upvotes
Chances are, the later trailers will succumb to marketing pressures and "spoil" Superman's return. Personally, I'd prefer that they keep us in the dark about Supes.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10442 posts
541 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 12:19 pm
LoL, how does the story look choppy?

This is what happens when you get a trailer that is made not to reveal the entire plotline unlike most of Marvel's overzealous marketing team. Also, due to the extreme length of BvS, one of the critiques was the plot was not smooth, well if you watch the extended edition, it fills a lot of gaps.

DC has been shown to be going darker with the last two movies, so possible for Superman to go dark/rogue.
lol.

1) BvS had the overzealous marketing. The whole movie was in the trailers from Wonder Woman showing up and fighting and the big reveal of Doomsday. Everyone knew the story before that movie dropped. People keep saying this trailer doesn't say much but I think you can sum the plotlines from it. Batman gathers the heroes, Steppenwolf and the parademons show up, and the JL (without Superman) fight. They probably struggle and Superman saves the day.

2) DC color palette is dark but the tone of the trailer does not indicate that this movie will be dark and gritty. Every scene in the trailer had a one-liner joke.

Also, they can't keep Superman's return under wraps. Henry Cavill has tweeted on set and is always posting about Superman. He is definitely coming back this movie.