Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1452 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 1:31 pm
lol.

1) BvS had the overzealous marketing. The whole movie was in the trailers from Wonder Woman showing up and fighting and the big reveal of Doomsday. Everyone knew the story before that movie dropped. People keep saying this trailer doesn't say much but I think you can sum the plotlines from it. Batman gathers the heroes, Steppenwolf and the parademons show up, and the JL (without Superman) fight. They probably struggle and Superman saves the day.

2) DC color palette is dark but the tone of the trailer does not indicate that this movie will be dark and gritty. Every scene in the trailer had a one-liner joke.

Also, they can't keep Superman's return under wraps. Henry Cavill has tweeted on set and is always posting about Superman. He is definitely coming back this movie.
BvS did leak the plot faster, but it was predictable to an extent. It was going to be a team-up at the end.

DC movies are darker in that Man of Steel showed a Superman that killed when it meant protecting humanity. And BvS has shown a Batman and Wonder Woman that all kill. And I think Zynder's color palette is fine for DC films, it's a contrast against Marvel.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19058 posts
1378 upvotes
Thought the trailer looks good...don't mind the dark tones...reminds me of Dark Knight....

Not sure how I feel about the one-liners...humour has it's place but if they are doing it just cuz the "other guys" are doing well then....

Won't judge, will watch and hope it is better than BvS...
Sep 12, 2012
667 posts
477 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 1:31 pm
lol.

1) BvS had the overzealous marketing. The whole movie was in the trailers from Wonder Woman showing up and fighting and the big reveal of Doomsday. Everyone knew the story before that movie dropped. People keep saying this trailer doesn't say much but I think you can sum the plotlines from it. Batman gathers the heroes, Steppenwolf and the parademons show up, and the JL (without Superman) fight. They probably struggle and Superman saves the day.

2) DC color palette is dark but the tone of the trailer does not indicate that this movie will be dark and gritty. Every scene in the trailer had a one-liner joke.

Also, they can't keep Superman's return under wraps. Henry Cavill has tweeted on set and is always posting about Superman. He is definitely coming back this movie.
Agree on the BvS trailer that showed doomsday essentially gave away the whole plot away.

I actually like DC colour and style. Thats one thing Zack Snyder is excellent at. The story however ...
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
24383 posts
5239 upvotes
GTHA
"The latest image from Zack Snyder’s Justice League gives us a surprise reveal and a clear new look at the Man of Steel alongside the rest of the team. Featuring the full line-up of Ezra Miller as Flash, Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, and Ray Fisher as Cyborg, there is also Henry Cavill’s Superman standing front-and-center."
from http://screenrant.com/new-justice-leagu ... -superman/

Justice_League_-_Trending_Now_-_Coming_soon_v2-3.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1106 posts
157 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 10:19 pm
Joss Whedon has stepped in to wrap up some reshoots and postproduction after Zack Snyder and his producer-wife Deborah Snyder had stepped a sidet o deal with a family tragedy, a source close to the movie has confirmed to Deadline.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/justice-lea ... 202100366/
I'm not a fan of Snyder's work but damn, this is a crappy way to lose him. Good on him to step away to spend time with family.

And wow, I wonder if Joss will only work on the reshoots or will he edit the movie to the way he likes it. Joss is going all DC now, that was quick!
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10442 posts
541 upvotes
webshark wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 11:54 pm
Not looking good for this movie.
Why is that? He had to step away due to personal tragedy and DC went and got someone that has worked on these types of movies before to fill in.
Dec 22, 2014
464 posts
98 upvotes
Regina, SK
The situation for Joss is pretty good. If the film turns out great I am sure a lot of the internet communities will anoint him the hero that pulled it together. If the film is comparable to MoS and BvS people will likely say there was no saving it from what Snyder had already done.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7849 posts
743 upvotes
Yeah idk how anyone could blame Snyder for wanting some time after what happened...

Joss is the mind behind Avengers 1 and 2 so if anyone is qualified to lend a hand on this type of movie it's him. IMO a large weakness of BvS was the pacing which can be addressed in editing and post production so maybe Joss can lend his expertise there on what worked and didn't work for him (since Avengers 1 and 2 didn't get the same reception)
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1080 posts
243 upvotes
Some credit Tony Gilroy for saving Gareth Edwards' "Rogue One". The same thing will happen for Zack Snyder's film where Joss Whedon is concerned. Either way they will get my money at the box office on opening night. Can't wait!

Now I just have to friggin' score a ticket for tomorrow night's advance screening of "Wonder Woman" in Toronto at the Yonge/Eglinton theatre. Who wants to help me out? LOL
May 22, 2016
645 posts
78 upvotes
Ontario
thechampion116 wrote:
May 23rd, 2017 11:02 am
Why is that? He had to step away due to personal tragedy and DC went and got someone that has worked on these types of movies before to fill in.

The movie needs massive reshoots and the cast is already doing other projects. Its opening in November. I'd say thats not good. His daughter passed in March . Warner bros was willing to give him more time but he wanted to step away.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10442 posts
541 upvotes
webshark wrote:
May 23rd, 2017 11:30 pm

The movie needs massive reshoots and the cast is already doing other projects. Its opening in November. I'd say thats not good. His daughter passed in March . Warner bros was willing to give him more time but he wanted to step away.
It does not need massive reshoots. Reshoots are part of every movie and Joss Whedon will be working on that. The movie comes out in November so Snyder still has time to return to work and review the final cuts.

WB giving him more time was out of respect for the project he was creating. Whedon was already assisting with the reshoots.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8358 posts
1714 upvotes
Toronto

Apparently you can't direct this movie alone neither

Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1106 posts
157 upvotes
That poster looks awesome. It has a Alex Ross feel to it.
jenviea wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 12:52 pm
Apparently you can't direct this movie alone neither
Hahaha, too soon!
Baaaaaaaaa!