22 upvotes
New Westminster

Cree 300Lumin flashlight $1.88US

Deal Link:
Price:
$1.88US
Retailer:
dd4.com
I did a post before about dd4.com and got some bad reviews about being a plant for them. Personally I just like a good deal, that's why I go on Red Flag, & on EBay I sort Items by the cheapest price. This flashlight is cheaper than anywhere else online. Cheaper than ******** (which everyone seems to love) and cheaper than Amazon. Unfortunately shipping isn't as quick as Amazon, but not much is.

Anyhow take a look, good flashlight for under $2.50 CND, if someone can beat that price please let me know.

http://www.dd4.com/goods/Ultrafire-UK-- ... 98093.html
22 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1620 posts
325 upvotes
Ottawa
I have one of these SK68 clones. At under $2 this is a great price, also has multiple modes if you need, altho it does not keep in memory which mode you used last.
Mar 10, 2011
150 posts
61 upvotes
Niagara
TheJouster wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:00 pm
I did a post before about dd4.com and got some bad reviews about being a plant for them. Personally I just like a good deal, that's why I go on Red Flag, & on EBay I sort Items by the cheapest price. This flashlight is cheaper than anywhere else online. Cheaper than ******** (which everyone seems to love) and cheaper than Amazon. Unfortunately shipping isn't as quick as Amazon, but not much is.

Anyhow take a look, good flashlight for under $2.50 CND, if someone can beat that price please let me know.

http://www.dd4.com/goods/Ultrafire-UK-- ... 98093.html
I usually get them on ebay like this one

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/5000lm-CREE-Q5- ... SwjyhaCyur
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1563 posts
403 upvotes
TO
Those are exactly worth what they're being sold for. Fine as a novelty/toy, junk for any other use.
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Jul 8, 2014
37 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone have experience with these ebay flashlights?

How bright are they? I know the website said 5000 lumen, but that's probably VERY unrealistic
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
1818 posts
232 upvotes
SiuMai wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:27 pm

How bright are they? I know the website said 5000 lumen, but that's probably VERY unrealistic
You can't beat the value. I don't have a way to measure but I have about 8 of them from 4 years ago, and they all still work and I keep them in drawers in case of a power failure. They are decently bright, the beam is not so wide to light up a whole room, but it's good for small home use. I will definitely buy a couple more now for the $0.99/pc one that someone linked above.
Oct 5, 2006
818 posts
414 upvotes
Calgary
i prefer the single mode one. The strobe mode is really annoying and I never run into a situation where it is necessary
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
6483 posts
1681 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
NB> These flashlights take an AA or a 14500. A 14500 is a lithium based rechargeable battery and is over twice the voltage of an AA. So, if you want to archive the max brightness for these flashlights, you will need a 14500.

Of course, there's no way that the flashlight does 5,000 Lm in the first place even with a 14500 battery but that's a completely different discussion.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1563 posts
403 upvotes
TO
SiuMai wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:27 pm

I got one that was allegedly 500 lumens. It outputs less light than my light and motion bike light set to 75 lumens. It also doesn't have the circuitry necessary to keep the voltage/light output constant so as the battery empties, the light output decreases.

It's a toy, don't rely on it for anything remotely mission critical.
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Mar 10, 2011
150 posts
61 upvotes
Niagara
I've been using one for about 3 yrs now with the 14500 battery (I have 2 and rotate them) but always had a spare cree in my bag that I never had to pull out. I suppose it's ymmv like most things.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1086 posts
565 upvotes
TheWalrus wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 10:27 am
I got one that was allegedly 500 lumens. It outputs less light than my light and motion bike light set to 75 lumens. It also doesn't have the circuitry necessary to keep the voltage/light output constant so as the battery empties, the light output decreases.

It's a toy, don't rely on it for anything remotely mission critical.
Yeah, for flashlights, they call it the "Chinese ebay lumen rating": claiming approximately ten times more lumens than the device actually delivers...
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1620 posts
325 upvotes
Ottawa
lord wayne wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 5:47 pm
i prefer the single mode one. The strobe mode is really annoying and I never run into a situation where it is necessary
Agreed. I bought some of these that were 1 mode. then found a 3 mode that i thought would be awesome. the 3 mode one isn't all that useful anyways, unless you want a really dim light with high run time.