Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft] DEAD: ACM.org MSDNAA Access for 19$US (Windows 7, Vista) *Free calculator*

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2010 11:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
3930 posts
435 upvotes
Scarborough

[Microsoft] DEAD: ACM.org MSDNAA Access for 19$US (Windows 7, Vista) *Free calculator*

People should hold off buying this, it appears that ACM is no longer offering Windows 7 to its MSDNAA members.
For the people that purchased it and retrieved the keys, they seem to work fine, and you can still use them. If you retrieved all 8 keys, you're set, if you didn't... no more.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS DEAL JOIN THE IEEE.org. SEE THREAD HERE

[QUOTE]Dear Students,

This is a heads-up that Windows 7 Final Release has been taken out of the Microsoft Developer Academic Alliance package offered to ACM Student Members. Windows 7 Beta remains. There has been a very large influx of NON-computing students joining ACM to just get Windows 7. Windows 7 Beta remains.

The Developer AA package is really JUST for computing-type students. Microsoft offers another package Dream Spark to all non-computing students. So, it looks like the viral nature of the net has, "yes," told lots of students about this offer, and, "no," we don't want every student.

I encourage you to check our ACM Student Membership for "real." It is a great bargain -through the Developer AA Package there's still a lot fo software for free, and, you can also download Sun and CA stuff. And, you are eligible for e-mentoring, a digital edition of Communications of the ACM (that's really "hot"), Crossroads, etc., etc.

Have a look: http://www.acm.org/membership/panel?pageIndex=2

Lillian Israel
ACM Director of Membership [/QUOTE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So if anyone is interested in getting access to the MSDNAA website this is the cheapest route. You get two copies of Windows 7, plus all the other software available. Posted below.

- I'll keep this thread updated with more information if users post.

SlickDeals user Wikipost posted this (all credit should go to him):

ACM signup provides EIGHT licenses (4 English, 2 Chinese, 2 Spanish, users are reporting that they are interchangeable).

you can join ACM for $ 19 for a 1year membership with MSDN AA software access (same software)

Thanks to versusqc:
Use this form and get a free calculator (while supplies last):
https://campus.acm.org/public/QJStuWith ... pe=Student

http://campus.acm.org/public/quickjoin/interim.cfm --- original student membership form --- $ 19

- then you will have to wait till ACM lets you opt-in for MSDNAA membership --- it will take approx. 1 to 2 days --- to check if you can "opt-in", log in to "MyACM" and under the "My Services" tab you will find a light blue box saying "Access ACM
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
2112 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
3930 posts
435 upvotes
Scarborough
Available Software

[QUOTE]Currently Available Software for IEEE MSDNAA Members
.NET Framework 1.1 SDK
.NET Micro Framework SDK
Access 2003
Access 2003 (Espa
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
3930 posts
435 upvotes
Scarborough
Continued...

[QUOTE]SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition - 64-bit Itanium - CD1
SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition - 64-bit Itanium - CD2
SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition - DVD
SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition DVD (Japanese)
SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition - 32-bit - CD1
SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition - 32-bit - CD2
SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition - 32-bit - DVD
SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition - 64-bit Extended - CD1
SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition - 64-bit Extended - CD2
SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition - 64-bit Extended - DVD
SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition - 64-bit Itanium - DVD
SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition - 32-bit - DVD
SQL Server 2008 Developer (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)
SQL Server 2008 Enterprise (x86 and x64) - DVD
SQL Server 2008 Enterprise (x86 and x64) - DVD (Japanese)
Streets & Trips 2009 (x86) - DVD
System Center Capacity Planner 2006 with Service Pack 1
System Center Configuration Manager 2007 - DVD
System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 - DVD (Multilanguage)
System Center Essentials 2007 - DVD
System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 (x64) - CD
System Center Operations Manager 2007
System Center Reporting Manager 2006
System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2007 (x86/x64) - DVD
System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 (x64) - DVD
Systems Management Server 2003 R2
Virtual PC 2004
Virtual PC 2007
Virtual PC 2007 (Japanese)
Virtual PC 2007 64bit
Virtual PC 2007 64bit (Japanese)
Virtual PC for Mac 7.0.2
Visio 2007 SP1
Visio Professional 2002 (Single User)
Visio Professional 2003
Visio Professional 2003 (Espa
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
1892 posts
1050 upvotes
Waterloo
Traian2003 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2009 4:53 pm
Continued...
That's a lot of software! I have to check if my school MSDNAA agreement covers Win7

EDIT: Is win7 available at the moment? Or will it be posted once it's available in retail stores?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7389 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
You should not highlight Windows 7 Ultimate RC as people should NOT be downloading that. Get Windows 7 Professional.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2005
5113 posts
72 upvotes
Mississauga
Firestorm wrote:
Aug 20th, 2009 5:02 pm
You should not highlight Windows 7 Ultimate RC as people should NOT be downloading that. Get Windows 7 Professional.
why because it is release candidate?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7389 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
dealsoutlook wrote:
Aug 20th, 2009 5:04 pm
why because it is release candidate?
Yeah. Windows 7 Ultimate RC is the Release Candidate. It will start shutting itself down every 2 hours starting in March 2010 and stop working altogether in June 2010. I'm on it right now but as soon as my school gets me Windows 7 Professional (not up yet in our MSDNAA site) I'll be switching to it.
superfigz wrote:
Aug 20th, 2009 5:01 pm
That's a lot of software! I have to check if my school MSDNAA agreement covers Win7

EDIT: Is win7 available at the moment? Or will it be posted once it's available in retail stores?
Available now but some schools haven't updated. Contact your program administrator if it isn't up yet.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
3930 posts
435 upvotes
Scarborough
superfigz wrote:
Aug 20th, 2009 5:01 pm

Based on comments it should be available already.
Jun 21, 2006
524 posts
36 upvotes
So Windows 7 Professional (x86) - DVD (English) will work as well as a full retail version later?
Need to get it before I'm not a student at the end of the month :lol:

also, what difference is there btwn professional and ultimate?
Apr 27, 2006
241 posts
Either T.O. or Kings…
Is this good for current students only?

How about students who graduated ....... oh let's say couple of years ago?
Mar 8, 2009
15 posts
14 upvotes
toronto
This is a good find but how you are using the software is illegal. MSDN subscription licenses are only meant for development or testing purposes, not for regular use. If you're going to spend $19 to get software and break the EULA, you might as download Microsoft software from bittorrent and run patches to remove protection.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
3930 posts
435 upvotes
Scarborough
enzo85 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2009 5:13 pm
This is a good find but how you are using the software is illegal. MSDN subscription licenses are only meant for development or testing purposes, not for regular use. If you're going to spend $19 to get software and break the EULA, you might as download Microsoft software from bittorrent and run patches to remove protection.
Although I agree with you, there are many more ways this can benefit people. for example, if you are doing your MCSE exams, you are technically using for testing purposes, but do not have access to these softwares....
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
1892 posts
1050 upvotes
Waterloo
Off Topic: has anyone here used an ACM subscription before? I've found a lot of articles/papers linked to ACM in the past but used alternative sources because I didn't have a subscription (and didn't want to pay).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
3930 posts
435 upvotes
Scarborough
Jon Lai wrote:
Aug 20th, 2009 5:27 pm
Also, how come they have much more software than normal MSDNAA (ie. from UW).
From what I read and understood, is that most universities post only the software that they support.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)