Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

DEAD - Amazon and Walmart - Zojirushi NS-ZCC18 10 cup Rice Cooker $140

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2019 8:34 pm
Aug 20, 2009
9825 posts
5934 upvotes
Anyone who has one, is this worth it? We cook rice like 2-3 times a month. I sometimes use our Instant Pot to do rice but find the water ratios super touchy with it, very fine line between soaking wet and good texture.

I wish this had a steamer basket option, I would get it right now :(
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
Too late to get it now - price went up to $261.52 Crying Face
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
making the habit of browsing RFD every morning at work pays off lol.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2286 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
Bought when it was on sale last time.

Great rice cooker, cooked rice faster and better than my previous Tiger Micom cooker.

Unit is smaller than the Tiger equivalent. I wish this came in a stainless steel model but for this price, this is a steal.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5778 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
I'm glad I just purchased it in haste rather than my typical research..
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1552 posts
2620 upvotes
Deal dead. Price jumped to $233.
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
f3times wrote: 10 cup cooker is really for restaurants and family with 6+ ... don't buy this if u got a family of 3-4
If you make congee, the 5 cup version doesn't make very much, barely adequate for family of 4.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2776 posts
2425 upvotes
Walmart sold out and Amazon jumps the price back up to $233. :(
Jul 20, 2015
380 posts
387 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Dang, I saw this thread on my phone and went to my computer to purchase at amazon it the price already jumped Disappointed Face Regrets
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1730 posts
5253 upvotes
Montreal
I know zojirushi was a top brand rice cooker, but i'm sure surprised by how much demand there was to kill the deal so fast.
Few minutes after I had shared the link, deal went dead.

`He's dead, Jim`
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Redmask wrote: Anyone who has one, is this worth it? We cook rice like 2-3 times a month. I sometimes use our Instant Pot to do rice but find the water ratios super touchy with it, very fine line between soaking wet and good texture.

I think for anyone interested in the rice cooker, you should do the due diligence ahead of time, so that when the deal drops, you're ready to go to buy, otherwise you may most likely miss out (if you had your mind set on getting one).

IMO the Zojirushis are the best rice cookers money can buy, they cook rice extremely consistently at the touch of a button. The only reason I've had where the rice didn't come out as good was when I switched rice brands (garbage in garbage out right).

If you're cooking rice 2-3 times a month, it may not be worth it. But for folks who are cooking 2-3 times a week, I think it's a no brainer.
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5778 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
Mine has already shipped from my order a couple hours ago...
Dec 19, 2006
875 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver
Redmask wrote: Anyone who has one, is this worth it? We cook rice like 2-3 times a month. I sometimes use our Instant Pot to do rice but find the water ratios super touchy with it, very fine line between soaking wet and good texture.

High quality rice cookers like this probably aren't worth it if you're only making rice that many times per month unless you're only making it that often because you find making rice a pain in the ass due to the lack of consistency. Zojirushis are tanks - they last years making rice every day and they're very consistent with a considerable amount of leeway for water level and new crop or not. It's a very good investment for those who love rice.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)