Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

ASUS Transformer Book T100 64GB - $USD 356 at Microcenter in store only

Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
2512 posts
65 upvotes
Coquitlam
drew4008 wrote: Don't declare it. Buy something else (preferably under $100, as you usually get away with not paying any tax on those items) and say you were shopping in the States for that instead. If you declare nothing, they'll most likely give you a note and you have to go park and they'll inspect your car.
Pretty bad advice right there.

Good odds that the border will not care if you declare it. Small chance you will have to pay like 50$ duty. If you happen to get caught not declaring you will be flagged and every time you cross the border, you are gonna be opening up your trunk proving everything was bought in Canada. I am pretty sure they will be able to tell fairly quickly where this was purchased and when via the serial number.

Risk not = / < Reward.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1363 posts
336 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
drew4008 wrote: Don't declare it. Buy something else (preferably under $100, as you usually get away with not paying any tax on those items) and say you were shopping in the States for that instead. If you declare nothing, they'll most likely give you a note and you have to go park and they'll inspect your car.
I'm not going to comment on the not declaring part of it. But I will say that declaring something instead of nothing is probably a very good idea. Canadian customs generally get real suspicious if you state you have nothing to declare. A friend of mine works in the oil patch in North Dakota and regularly returns home to Canada. He actually doesn't have anything to declare so they regularly pull him over and search his truck. First time they found his work laptop given to him by his employer and tried hard to confiscate it. He ended up paying $40 or so in taxes for it. Now as a matter of pride he still declares nothing and they still search him.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Magoomba wrote: UPDATE: no longer available for shipping

For those with Amerifriend or US credit card and billing address, MC has this puppy for $349.99 plus $5.99 shipping.
My total to my Blaine, WA mailbox is $355.98 (no tax to WA state).
I love uncle Sam.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4227 ... ook_Tablet
Thanks/thanked. Please update the thread title to show in-store only. :)
cataplexy wrote: It's been 10 years since i last heard of Microcenter.
I'm guessing you haven't been to Slickdeals.com.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
How the hell is windows suppsoed to run on 2GB of RAM? Won't it flog the swap file like hell?