Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

HOT: Candian Tire Teflon Winter Blade

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2006 9:09 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1876 posts
130 upvotes
I've tried the teflon blades about 2 years ago...they were not crap. they were not super amazing and didn't lasted forever, but they were not crap. They were about as good as any other $10 wiper from costco or walmart. Dont think they're worth the extra $5 tho.

As for the teflon washer fluid, i bought a few jugs during CT's doorcrasher about a month ago...which was about 1.99. When you're going 120 on the highway in -15 weather (plus windchill), the -40 washer fluid freezes up really quickly. During the wintertime, I would totally pay a bit extra for washer fluid that de-ices and went down to -45 as opposed to buying 99c regular fluid that only went down to -40.

the yellow rainx fluid is too expensive, the CT teflon fluid is not too bad when it is on sale.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1103 posts
anyone know how long the toyota corolla wiper blades are?
i dont have any measuring tape. :/

and are these universal? Will they fit on my toyota corolla?

my blades just ripped off this morning after my windshield froze. :(
i need to get replacements before it rains in rainy vancouver
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
6567 posts
4487 upvotes
Toronto
dougi3000 wrote:anyone know how long the toyota corolla wiper blades are?

there is a book at ct to check the sizes.....but most likely it will be 21/19
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A

price error
Banned
Aug 31, 2003
1422 posts
dougi3000 wrote:anyone know how long the toyota corolla wiper blades are?

i had a corolla, just check the book, they worked beautifully
Come chat live, #redflagdeals on EFNet!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Stuhaul
XBOX 360 WINNER - No
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
You got that right!

My reflex wipers have been working well for the last 2 weeks. Today I went back to Walmart (Hwy 401 & Morningside) again, they don't have too many left in the automotive section. They are selling at $14.95. I didn't see any long ones (24") for the minivan and I was told they don't make them.
IceMan77 wrote:I got the frameless reflex wipers from CT and they ROCK! They work great in the summer, we'll see how they hold up in the winter.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2358 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up a set of these over the weekend -- once I found a store that had 24" wipers in stock. So far, they're the best performing wipers I've had.

Interesting note:

When I was at the cash paying for them, the clerk gave me a photocopy of the rebate form. I asked her if this was valid since they were on sale and she said that they were told that the rebate was effective even on the sale price.

(I mean, if you think about it, it makes sense because it would be a better deal for them to rebate the reduced price instead of the full price of the cheaper wiper)

So, if you bought this week, you might as well give it a try.

--Pete
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1103 posts
i just bought a pair, 18 and 20 inch for my corolla. installed it in the parking lot.
:D

the item numbers dont match the rebate numbers though. :confused:
Aug 31, 2004
523 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
myapple wrote:I've tried the teflon blades about 2 years ago...they were not crap. they were not super amazing and didn't lasted forever, but they were not crap. They were about as good as any other $10 wiper from costco or walmart. Dont think they're worth the extra $5 tho.

As for the teflon washer fluid, i bought a few jugs during CT's doorcrasher about a month ago...which was about 1.99. When you're going 120 on the highway in -15 weather (plus windchill), the -40 washer fluid freezes up really quickly. During the wintertime, I would totally pay a bit extra for washer fluid that de-ices and went down to -45 as opposed to buying 99c regular fluid that only went down to -40.

the yellow rainx fluid is too expensive, the CT teflon fluid is not too bad when it is on sale.
The yellow Rain X has been on sale at CT for the last # of years on Dec 26 as a 1 day sale at $1.99, Reg $3.99. Stock up when you can.
Mar 16, 2004
547 posts
262 upvotes
thx for the rain-x dec 26th tip! i'll definitely stock up.

for those who haven't used the rain-x deicing fluid, it is well worth the extra money!!!

i will never go back to the standard cdn tire washer fluid.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2005
1143 posts
45 upvotes
BrendaK wrote:Buy two this week while they are on sale. Then buy two next week and photocopy the receipt. (you never have to send in the receipt, just a photocopy of it) Then return them. This way you'll get the blades for a cheaper price and still get the rebate.
I like your thinking :cheesygri
Aug 23, 2003
461 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
They have odd number sizes in the cheaper low end blades, which I find work just as well for maximum 12 months, then u need to replace them.
donaldtin wrote:shooooot... just found out that my car needs 21 and 19, which they only have even number size... wat size should i get?? any comment? 22 and 20? or 20 and 20?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
1120 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
ken_ll wrote:The yellow Rain X has been on sale at CT for the last # of years on Dec 26 as a 1 day sale at $1.99, Reg $3.99. Stock up when you can.
Damn, one more place to head to on boxing day.... :twisted:
Jun 26, 2005
208 posts
6 upvotes
Menace wrote:You got that right!

My reflex wipers have been working well for the last 2 weeks. Today I went back to Walmart (Hwy 401 & Morningside) again, they don't have too many left in the automotive section. They are selling at $14.95. I didn't see any long ones (24") for the minivan and I was told they don't make them.
saw them in montreal near bleue bonnet but they only have 18"
Nov 26, 2003
689 posts
26 upvotes
Mississauga / Hamilt…
just to bump it up.. today is the LAST day for purchases.. deadline for MIR submittion is Jan 7.
Jan 20, 2003
834 posts
178 upvotes
donaldtin wrote:just to bump it up.. today is the LAST day for purchases.. deadline for MIR submittion is Jan 7.
Do I need an original MIR form or just photocopy?
I picked up 2 blades on Jan 7, and won't find the MIR in store. The link to MIR form at CT website have removed.
Does anyone have a copy of the MIR that can email to me?

Thanks in advance.
Friendly reminder: Signature will be removed for rule violations: font size, colour, and personal sales
Aug 21, 2003
335 posts
1 upvote
Brossard
I need it also. Thanks.
PMing? Game Over!
Jun 16, 2005
67 posts
2 upvotes
Give me your email address, I can send you the .pdf MIR form.
Feb 3, 2005
297 posts
45 upvotes
got my rebate of 15.99 today! thanks to the op!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)