Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] dead - Lenovo - 30% off X230 / 25% off T430 - Mastercard Required - Expires Dec 10

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2012 2:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1898 posts
324 upvotes
Calgary

[Lenovo Canada] dead - Lenovo - 30% off X230 / 25% off T430 - Mastercard Required - Expires Dec 10

http://www.lenovo.com/mcholidayoffer/mbna/ca

promo code: CAXHOLIDAYMC
lenovo.com wrote: Terms and conditions:
Offer: Ends December 10th, 2012, at 11:59 PM Eastern time. Fulfillment of the offer is sole responsibility of participating Merchant. While supplies last. Limit 5 systems per customer. Offer valid for Lenovo in Canada only.

Availability: Offers, prices, specifications and availability . Excludes all units except for the the ThinPad T430,ThinkPad X230 displayed on landing page. All offers and orders as a result of this or other Lenovo communication from this channel are valid for Canadian. residents only and may only be shipped within Canada unless otherwise stated. Lenovo is not responsible for photographic or typographic errors.

Pricing: Does not include tax, shipping and handling, or recycling fees. Reseller prices may vary.

Warranty: For a copy of applicable product warranties, write to: Warranty Information, P.O. Box 12195, RTP, NC, 27709, Attn: Dept ZPYA/B600. Lenovo makes no representation or warranty regarding third party products or services.
32 replies
Jun 7, 2009
179 posts
216 upvotes
Compared this to the EPP Site and the X230 is more expensive from the MasterCard offer, but the T430 is cheaper.

Anyone thinking about 'the legendary Thinkpad quality' be forewarned - ever since they redesigned the keypad the brand is now completely different then back when IBM had high standards. Trying to become the #1 PC retailer (in terms of sales) has resulted in them jettisoning quality. And let's not talk about customer service.
Mar 23, 2004
33105 posts
2105 upvotes
Markham
Damn t430 is tempting...should go try one out first thanks to all the talk about the kb.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Aug 26, 2008
494 posts
160 upvotes
Montreal
matt2_m416 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2012 12:43 am
Compared this to the EPP Site and the X230 is more expensive from the MasterCard offer, but the T430 is cheaper.

Anyone thinking about 'the legendary Thinkpad quality' be forewarned - ever since they redesigned the keypad the brand is now completely different then back when IBM had high standards. Trying to become the #1 PC retailer (in terms of sales) has resulted in them jettisoning quality. And let's not talk about customer service.
I have to agree with matt2_m416. Thinkpads used to be great, but they haven't kept up. I've been really unimpressed by the way my last three Thinkpads (yes, it takes me a while to catch on) have fallen apart, things like the glued on rubber bits and pieces that fall off and quickly turn the notebook ghetto and cause problems, like wobbly seating or the trackpoint pressing into the screen when closed. In 2012, the hardware needs to be more integrated and robust, these things should last forever. I'll be taking a harder look at other models next year.
Aug 26, 2008
494 posts
160 upvotes
Montreal
matt2_m416 wrote:
I have to agree with matt2_m416. Thinkpads used to be great, but they haven't kept up. I've been really unimpressed by the way my last three Thinkpads (yes, it takes me a while to catch on) have fallen apart, things like the glued on rubber bits and pieces that fall off and quickly turn the notebook ghetto and cause problems, like wobbly seating or the trackpoint pressing into the screen when closed. In 2012, the hardware needs to be more integrated and robust, these things should last forever. I'll be taking a harder look at other models next year.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4332 posts
307 upvotes
Mississauga
matt2_m416 wrote:

Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5736 posts
352 upvotes
matt2_m416 wrote:

Jan 22, 2008
536 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
davidm wrote:
Oct 13th, 2012 6:14 am
I've only had one Thinkpad (x120e) which I bought a year and half ago but it actually impressed me a lot. The build quality and ease of taking it apart was great. Much better build quality than I had on my Asus laptops (I had two) and an Acer. I'm also a big fan on the new keyboard (great to type on).

That being said, as I've been looking to upgrade to a larger faster laptop, I've been following many different threads and it seems while there are issues, they are often for when the machine is first produced/starts shipping for the first time which happens to a lot of other manufacturers as well. I'd still choose a Lenovo over a HP/Acer/Asus as on 'average' I believe they are better machines.
http://www.laptopmag.com/mobile-life/be ... -2012.aspx

Would be better though if you could buy them in a box store so if you do have an issue, you could return them easily. Unfortunately most of the box stores sell the Ideapads and not the Thinkpads.
Jun 26, 2007
123 posts
17 upvotes
I bought my mother a Thinkpad Edge last year and it's holding up well. It's not a high end system but for the price it's very good, especially the keyboard.

That being said Lenovo has reduced the price on the Thinkpad line a lot recently and they're no longer top-end systems like they were. I think they will introduce higher-end Japanese-made models next year.
Sep 23, 2011
14 posts
I still have my Thinkpad t61p and it is bulletproof. It has dropped from about 2m height on a concrete floor. Other than a small crack in a corner, this 5 year old beast still runs well. Upgrades include 6GB, SSD etc..

With regard to the keyboard, you may want to read the reviews. Some keys have been dropped, however there is more space between keys which reduces errors and audible feedback is notched down making it suitable for a quiet office.
Sep 21, 2007
353 posts
50 upvotes
wait why did he login to two alts just to post the same msg
Nov 27, 2009
772 posts
232 upvotes

To be honest, I still use my X61s more after I got an X230. My T520 has been on 24/7 for quite a while.
Aug 26, 2008
494 posts
160 upvotes
Montreal
hauton wrote:
Oct 13th, 2012 1:06 pm
wait why did he login to two alts just to post the same msg
Those weren't me. I did resubmit my message due to timeout (was on the train) but clearly there's a bug in the forum software.

btw "only" one of my earlier ThinkPads outright died due to a known hardware glitch (just outside of the warranty).
The rest have had random parts fall off, which I think is pretty shabby for a not cheap notebook.
May 28, 2009
662 posts
190 upvotes
I am a week into my new X230. I upgraded from a T500 because I could no longer stand the screen with the terrible viewing angles and having to move it all the time. AFAIK, the T430 have the same poor screens.

I got the X230 with the IPS panel. So far I like the new keyboard, but the touchpad has been "re-thought" and its really lame. Zero buttons, it trys to guess what you are doing. Its close to being a deal breaker, Im working on it. Sound is worse than my T500- somewhat "buzzy".

Mine was $735 with a very base build: 4gb, IPS, 3210 cpu, 5400 500gb (SSD now). No backlit keyboard, the think light is still enough for me. Took over a month for them to get it to me.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24043 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Nook wrote:
Oct 13th, 2012 9:50 am
bokep wrote:
Oct 13th, 2012 9:58 am
Hey, you two... why did you repost what davidm wrote? If you don't answer I could report that behavior.
× < >