Dead pixels in LCD or defect in lens?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2009 4:23 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 13, 2003
240 posts
11 upvotes
Do they only show up at slow shutter speeds or fast ones too?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2008
4939 posts
64 upvotes
York Region
Went to Black's today, confirmed it's 2 dead pixels on the CCD sensor
I.T Professional
CCNA-R&S | MCSA:Server 2012 | VCP-DCV6.5
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7941 posts
1006 upvotes
Akraz wrote:
Oct 17th, 2009 11:14 am
Well these "hot pixels" didnt show up on the first 200 or so pictures I taken, i looked at photos i took the day before and they arent there.. they appeared yesterday.

Edit: btw Winkle both those links you showed me contain a virus that my NOD32 caught.. you may want to use a different host.
o_0

Sorry, did not know that. Thanks for the heads up, I will not use that host again.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Jul 16, 2006
109 posts
3 upvotes
Quebec City
Pretty common with DSLR. My Rebel XS has two apparent ones. Try taking a picture with a long exposure (30 sec), ISO 400+, with the lens cap unremoved so it is black. You'll see a lot of colored stars. If you exchange the camera, it will probably have some to start with or they will appear after a few weeks. Lightroom automatically detects them and hides them by extrapolating the nearby pixels.
Jul 8, 2004
627 posts
4 upvotes
GTA
yeah pretty common which is disappointing. If it is happening between ISO 100-400, I find it is unacceptable for a new camera. This usually happens more frequently at higher ISO. If you use any Adobe product to convert your RAW files, it will automatically fix the hot pixels for you. I use lightroom so I don't have to see those horrible pixels and worry myself by pixel peeping.