Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London

"deal discussion" forum secret?

I've attempted to post to threads in the "deal discussion" forum,
deal-discussion-f127/
but get:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I sent a message to the RFD to ask about it.
It seems to have been ignored as I haven't received a response.

There are posts to threads by "newbie" status posters with low counts.
I can't see how #1 applies and obviously #2 doesn't.
3 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Interesting. I tried replying to a thread in there once, and I got the same message.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
arisk wrote: I've attempted to post to threads in the "deal discussion" forum,
deal-discussion-f127/
but get:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I sent a message to the RFD to ask about it.
It seems to have been ignored as I haven't received a response.

There are posts to threads by "newbie" status posters with low counts.
I can't see how #1 applies and obviously #2 doesn't.
AcidBomber wrote: "Deal Discussion" is a (hidden) sub-forum that's linked to the main RedFlagDeals.com page.
Its normal that you do not have posting/editing privileges since its staff only.

If you wish to comment on the deal, you have to go through the main page here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/in/toronto/ ... -mouse-15/
/thread
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
Thanks for the info.
I was able to locate it there.

It is rather awkward though and goes against the standard flow of other product discussions.

I used the search to find info on a particular item, found a thread and subscribed to it.
I never considered checking where you say, as using "search" is something we are encouraged to do.
You would think the direct link saved as a subscribed thread would give direct access.

It might be nice if admins put a message at the top of the "deal discussion" forum stating what Acid said, so that others like ronin and myself are aware.