Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Deal on Privileged Play Golf Membership When You Pay with the CT Options MC

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2012 5:08 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4846 posts
4381 upvotes
B.C.

[Canadian Tire] Deal on Privileged Play Golf Membership When You Pay with the CT Options MC

I'm no golfer, so I don't know if Privileged Play is worth the cost. But if you golf a lot, this might be a hot deal. If you buy your Privileged Play golf membership and use your Canadian Tire Options Mastercard, you get a 12 month premium membership for $69. From what I can tell, there's also what they call a "one-time initiation fee" of $150. And you probably have to still pay that. But the annual fee seems to be $125, so that's half price-ish for that. Plus you get $20 in Canadian Tire gift cards:

http://www.privplay.com/site-pages/ct

Here's what they say:

Welcome Canadian Tire®
MasterCard® Cardmembers!

Special Offer for Canadian Tire® MasterCard® Cardmembers!

Buy a Privileged Play Premium golf membership from us with your Canadian Tire® MasterCard® for only $69 (plus tax) and enjoy savings and benefits for a full 12 months at over 200 amazing courses across Canada and the U.S.!

Plus receive a BONUS of $20 in Canadian Tire gift cards!

Please note that this special offer is available to NEW Privileged Play members only. It cannot be used for the renewal of an existing or lapsed Privileged Play membership. Offer expires August 31, 2012.

Privileged Play benefits include:

Over 200 exceptional courses across Canada and the U.S. - see the course list
One free round of golf when playing with a full-paying friend at one of our participating courses - up to a $235 value (free round can be redeemed anytime during the week and after 11:00 am on weekends and holidays)
20% savings on regular green and cart fees during prime season
(discount cannot be combined with another discount, coupon or special offer)
Priority tee time booking privileges - up to 3 days ahead of the public
Member tournaments and events
Golf tips, online game tracking, travel deals and special offers

Order online now:

or call

1-800-903-4268 or 416-488-7772
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
2 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
COLD DEAL

This sells for $50~ at deal of the day sites. Been going on for at least two years now. If you have to pay more than $50 you're getting ripped off. Given golf season is half over, it's not really worth paying for a membership unless you golf every day, in which case you probably already have the card or another form of discount already.

But if for some reason you don't already have access to discount and you plan on golfing everyday till November, then this card at this price can be a deal. otherwise, i'd just wait for the off season and buy it for $50.

the card membership is annual so in theory you would have a discount for half this season and half next season.
Jul 30, 2012
1 posts
NORTH YORK
Hello TheHans & actng,

My name is Kaitlin and I work for Privileged Play. I saw your points and wanted to offer some perspective and clarification that will hopefully change your view on the value of the PrivPlay Premium membership.

With regards to the membership offer through Canadian Tire - people new to PrivPlay can buy the PrivPlay membership with a Canadian Tire Mastercard for $69 + HST. With this offer, the one-time initiation fee of $150 is waived. Simply using the 2-for-1 certificate more than covers the cost of the $69 membership. The membership also provides a 20% discount on regular green and cart fees during prime season, which can certainly add up over the course of the year.

This promotion differs from the offers we have made on Daily Deal sites because of the added value with the $20 Canadian Tire gift card. The PrivPlay membership is good for 12 months, so if you buy it in August 2012, it will expire in August 2013, giving you a full year to take advantage of the benefits.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)