• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2019 9:34 pm
[OP]
Nov 9, 2017
547 posts
52 upvotes

Dealer purchase price for CRV vs RAV4

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know or have one of those codes SO I can check CRV and RAV4 dealer purchase price?

I am interested in 2019:
RAV4 LE AWD and RAV4 XLE and RAV4 Limited
CRV LX AWD and EX AWD and EX-L

THANKS!
29 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
4360 posts
1315 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Check unhaggle
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
11282 posts
4565 upvotes
Toronto
snowhite445 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 11:47 pm
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know or have one of those codes SO I can check CRV and RAV4 dealer purchase price?

I am interested in 2019:
RAV4 LE AWD and RAV4 XLE and RAV4 Limited
CRV LX AWD and EX AWD and EX-L

THANKS!
Unhaggle is free and you can get the info yourself there.
Jul 29, 2019
17 posts
10 upvotes
You can also try this thread Unhaggle Offical thread . Go through each post to see if a they already have the price for some fo the vehicle you listed so you don't have to wait for them to reply to you. It seems not every comment get a reply either so best to take the time and go through the post.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2017
547 posts
52 upvotes
Thanks everyone. I was expecting a bigger difference but apparently it's about $1600-$2200 difference as it shows on unhaggle.

2- How do dealers work with their pricing when it comes to bargaining?
2- Is it based on their inventory?
3- based on getting finance or lease from them?
4- Is it possible to put two dealers against each other to get the best price?
5- Is it possible to get the purchase price or lower than dealer purchase price?
Sep 30, 2004
643 posts
63 upvotes
Markham
snowhite445 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:02 pm
Thanks everyone. I was expecting a bigger difference but apparently it's about $1600-$2200 difference as it shows on unhaggle.

2- How do dealers work with their pricing when it comes to bargaining?
2- Is it based on their inventory?
3- based on getting finance or lease from them?
4- Is it possible to put two dealers against each other to get the best price?
5- Is it possible to get the purchase price or lower than dealer purchase price?
If the car is on the dealer's lot you tend to get a better price than a trade with another dealer as there are costs involved.

If your check other posts on this forum, a lot of people would recommend you to do mass email to dealers to see who would respond and the best rates. However, I think you should first narrow down your trim level for the CRV and RAV4 first. So dealers dont just ignore you emails.

I don't think it matters if you get financing or lease with them for the amount of discount they are willing to give.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2017
547 posts
52 upvotes
Thanks for the feedback.

Why do they have inhouse lease and finance people if that is not a money maker? Just wondering.

Also, how about my Q# 5?
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11353 posts
5779 upvotes
Toronto
snowhite445 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:42 pm
Thanks for the feedback.

Why do they have inhouse lease and finance people if that is not a money maker? Just wondering.

Also, how about my Q# 5?
In all likely, no. There have been scenarios in which people have managed to get below the 'invoice' cost, but that also included a few deep factory incentives and not on popular vehicles. Considering what you are looking to buy, you'll probably be looking at sticker. Both are popular sellers and no dealer will probably want to give you a good discount when someone else is right behind you to buy the same vehicle.

That's what happens when everyone believe that Honda/Toyota are the best and most reliable. You get to pay sticker!!

:lol:
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
[OP]
Nov 9, 2017
547 posts
52 upvotes
I am sure no one pays sticker price or else unhaggle won't exist but I understand if discounts are not deep.
Sep 30, 2004
643 posts
63 upvotes
Markham
snowhite445 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 4:07 pm
I am sure no one pays sticker price or else unhaggle won't exist but I understand if discounts are not deep.
RAV4 is at sticker for Hybrids plus no stock. Not sure if people are paying sticker for the gase version or close to.

Also, people has been getting refunds for Unhaggle for the RAV4 as no dealer is doing it for that car particularly. You can see people commenting that on this forum.

Lease and financing rates are all controlled by head office and has nothing to do with the dealer.

If you want to get discounts look at the Honda CRV you won't get much for RAV4
Jul 29, 2019
17 posts
10 upvotes
saw_mui wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:01 am
If the car is on the dealer's lot you tend to get a better price than a trade with another dealer as there are costs involved.

If your check other posts on this forum, a lot of people would recommend you to do mass email to dealers to see who would respond and the best rates. However, I think you should first narrow down your trim level for the CRV and RAV4 first. So dealers dont just ignore you emails.

I don't think it matters if you get financing or lease with them for the amount of discount they are willing to give.
Just wondering, when you mass email, do you also mention that similar emails have been sent to other dealers? Or wait till you narrow down the best two dealers and then mention that dealer A says this can you do this as well dealer B?
Sep 30, 2004
643 posts
63 upvotes
Markham
VanillaDonut wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:41 pm
Just wondering, when you mass email, do you also mention that similar emails have been sent to other dealers? Or wait till you narrow down the best two dealers and then mention that dealer A says this can you do this as well dealer B?
I believe people in general mention it to indicate you are looking at other dealers in hopes to give you a more competitive pricing.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
22259 posts
2539 upvotes
Montreal
Cr-v pricing is softer. Three years out already vs brand new model. The financing is lower too. Honestly if you want the non hybrid version id get the Honda and save some cash. Particularly the EX-L offers a lot of kit and kaboodle for the price.

Be aware of the 1.5T engine issues.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2017
547 posts
52 upvotes
I like how you put the be aware line at then end Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Okkkkk, tell me about it?

The wrong side 60-40 split might become a no deal for me but stil looking. I am also looking into Cadillac XT4...
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11353 posts
5779 upvotes
Toronto
snowhite445 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 4:07 pm
:lol:

You have more to learn!
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)