Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DealExtreme.com

Xiaomi 1080P Smart Wi-Fi IP Cameras w/ Night Vision (US Plugs) - US$23 + FS

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2019 10:53 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1188 posts
1543 upvotes

[DealExtreme.com] Xiaomi 1080P Smart Wi-Fi IP Cameras w/ Night Vision (US Plugs) - US$23 + FS

Deal Link:
Retailer:
DealExtreme.com
More offers from DealExtreme.com
A basic home camera, can be used for baby monitor or security camera.

1 pack for US$22.92
2 pack for US$40.39 - 5% (summertime promotion coupon) = US$38.37

* To use the 5% coupon, add the item to cart and select the coupon on the drop down box on the left.
57 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
What the heck. I always thought Xiaomi was being knocked off for coming out with good products. This one looks exactly like the Wyzecam. Wonder if the CEO did a deal with Xiaomi.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1188 posts
1543 upvotes
If you have their monthly $3 coupon to use, you can get the 2 pack cheaper for US$37.39, the coupons are not stackable, only 1 per order.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
bowmah wrote: What the heck. I always thought Xiaomi was being knocked off for coming out with good products. This one looks exactly like the Wyzecam. Wonder if the CEO did a deal with Xiaomi.
I thought was always Xiaomi / Wyzecam?
---
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
kanechart wrote: I thought was always Xiaomi / Wyzecam?
I am not sure. I remember seeing a video of how the Wyzecam CEO mortgaged his house before securing proper financing to keep the company going and they were based in the US.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
So I have 4 of these camera's the V1's I think?

Anything new with these ones? I found them to over load my wifi network quite a bit in fact I split them off on multiple routers... I know it sounds strange and limited their fps as well... Not sure my Routers suck or more these are taxing in a bad way packet wise or what.

Example of my usage:

The one looking at the house in the back garage... That has been in -45 weather and works just fine. Just protected by the garage class of course and sheltering from the snow/rain but no the cold.
---
Jan 2, 2014
929 posts
679 upvotes
bowmah wrote: I am not sure. I remember seeing a video of how the Wyzecam CEO mortgaged his house before securing proper financing to keep the company going and they were based in the US.
Xiaomi is the OEM for Wyzecam
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
bowmah wrote: I am not sure. I remember seeing a video of how the Wyzecam CEO mortgaged his house before securing proper financing to keep the company going and they were based in the US.
All I know is I bought these camera's in 2017 from CAFAGO and they were called "XiaoMi XiaoFang Portable Smart IP Security Home Camera"
---
Jan 1, 2019
135 posts
361 upvotes
Yup, Wyzecam basically just rebranded Xiaomi hardware and made their own app for the NA market.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
Thanks for all the info about WYzecam and Xiaomi. Cool.
kanechart wrote: So I have 4 of these camera's the V1's I think?

Anything new with these ones? I found them to over load my wifi network quite a bit in fact I split them off on multiple routers... I know it sounds strange and limited their fps as well... Not sure my Routers suck or more these are taxing in a bad way packet wise or what.

Example of my usage:

The one looking at the house in the back garage... That has been in -45 weather and works just fine. Just protected by the garage class of course and sheltering from the snow/rain but no the cold.
These should not overload your network based on bandwidth. At default, I see these running at 50-80kbps. It may be something else going on?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5739 upvotes
does anyone know if this require hack or it will work on mi home app?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
bowmah wrote: Thanks for all the info about WYzecam and Xiaomi. Cool.

These should not overload your network based on bandwidth. At default, I see these running at 50-80kbps. It may be something else going on?
Yeah maybe something else was screwing up. They would knock out other wireless connections so it always made me worry about getting more... I like more :)
---
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
So anyone know if there is a way to tell if these are V1's or V2's? I hear V2's are a lot better and crisper and work better at night.
---
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
I recommend to not order this camera, as the parent company of Xiaomi is geolocking these to be used in China only.
Go with the NA version Wyzecam instead.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Didn't Xiaomi try to blacklist a bunch of Dafang cameras that were not meant to be sold overseas by having the firmware lock them? Could these be locked the same way? I also think it's better to buy the exact same camera from Wyzecam because at least their app & cloud service is all in english and works. Unless your intent is to hack them to enable RTSP, then I guess it doesn't really matter (even then, Wyzecam is coming out with a firmware that supports RTSP, so that's still one up than the Xiaomi version).
Last edited by rvs007 on Jun 20th, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
No wonder WYzecam from the US keeps saying that Amazon Canada is NOT an authorized retailer. But of course, the Wyzecam is on sale on Amazon.ca, probably from their US stock.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
rvs007 wrote: Didn't Xiaomi try to blacklist a bunch of Dafang cameras that were not meant to be sold overseas by having the firmware lock them? Could these be locked the same way? I also think it's better to buy the exact same camera from Wyzecam because at least their app & cloud service is all in english and works. Unless your intent is to hack them to enable RTSP, then I guess it doesn't really matter.
Yes Sir...
My Dafang camera doesn't work and luckily I received a full refund from LITB, as they admitted it should have not been sold to NA customers.
Nov 22, 2017
209 posts
303 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: I recommend to not order this camera, as the parent company of Xiaomi is geolocking these to be used in China only.
Go with the NA version Wyzecam instead.
That's totally BS. I bought a XIAOMI Dafang camera and the seller ship it from China with Chinese packaging. I have used it for over a year and there isn't any issue.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5739 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Yes Sir...
My Dafang camera doesn't work and luckily I received a full refund from LITB, as they admitted it should have not been sold to NA customers.
I have 2 defang bought and they have been working until now...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)