Shopping Discussion

DealExtreme confirmation required email? Since when?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2011 3:33 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 8, 2004
749 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario

DealExtreme confirmation required email? Since when?

So I got this email from DX after placing an order today:

[QUOTE]11/29/2011

Dear terribly,

Thank you for ordering from DealExtreme.com. To ensure the payment was made as per your request, further confirmation is needed for this payment. Would you please choose two of these methods as listed below to help confirm your payment process and information?(click here to see sample):

1. A photo/copy/screenshot of your credit card bill (Any previous purchase invoice will suffice). It would be better if we can clearly see both the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of your card number and the cardholder name on the bill.

2. A photo/copy/screenshot of both sides of your credit card. For the safety of your account and card number, (please cover or black-out the CVV2/CVC2/CSC2 code) just show us the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of your card number.

3. A photo/copy/screenshot of the cardholder's ID card/ Passport/Driver license.

You can selectively choose to attach two of the above to the Authorization Form provided. Thank you for your co-operation in providing DX with the necessary information needed to process your order effectively.[/QUOTE]

Erm, wtf?

I went through the normal CC checkout - even going so far as to use the "3D" option and going through Mastercard SecureCode.

I'm not a new customer - I've dealt with them on numerous occasions before without issue, for order amounts larger than this present one.

I emailed them back and told them they're absolutely crazy if they think they're getting that information; if the CC information AND the SecureCode isn't enough for them, they can jump in a lake.

Anyone else got this recently?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2978 posts
354 upvotes
Ottawa
I use Paypal when I order at DealExtreme. Why wouldn't you?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6810 posts
2557 upvotes
Calgary
terribly wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 11:11 am

I went through the normal CC checkout - even going so far as to use the "3D" option and going through Mastercard SecureCode.

I'm not a new customer - I've dealt with them on numerous occasions before without issue, for order amounts larger than this present one.

I emailed them back and told them they're absolutely crazy if they think they're getting that information; if the CC information AND the SecureCode isn't enough for them, they can jump in a lake.

Anyone else got this recently?

I remember reading about a similar situation in one of their forums last year. Can't remember the answer though but I remember a Mod answered the question and it finally got resolved. You may want to post your question in the forum to ask. Should get an answer there pretty quickly.